Chasing the Ace..V M.K.Dons away,Sat 26th Feb. 3-0'clockk

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Chasing the Ace..V M.K.Dons away,Sat 26th Feb. 3-0'clockk

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Feb 26, 2022 6:06 pm

Yep ref was the usual sack of bone idle blind shit again! Every week though!

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sat Feb 26, 2022 6:07 pm

GhostoftheBok wrote:
Sat Feb 26, 2022 5:45 pm
Evatt says he has reported the referee for "comments made" and that those comments were heard by the 4th official.

That's one to keep an eye on.
Does feel like there is an undertone with the officials. Almost a resentment towards us as a team. Might be an over reaction but some of the decisions today were so unbalanced. Dapo is clearly marked as a diver. The decision not to award him a free kick with the interplay with Marlon was probably the most blatant example of this.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Feb 26, 2022 7:07 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
Sat Feb 26, 2022 4:52 pm
Beaten by a better team there. And if they are third, were very much in this league next year!
Says it. Kept us wide, give us nothing down the middle. Fitter, faster, great passing game and opened us up like a bag of crisps time after time. One forward went past four defenders like they were playing statues. J.D has got concrete boots all of a sudden and doesn't seem over full of confidence. Dapo..baffling? Santos and Fossey were our best players. Not hard to see why M.K.Dons are third in the league. Sorry, but we're wearing false feathers right now. Truly hope it changes...

On their bad side they hit the deck like a domino chain at first touch and screeched like schoolgirls at a soft ref.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Feb 26, 2022 8:42 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Sat Feb 26, 2022 5:25 pm
For me, there's little point looking at what went on first half and concluding Baka was the problem. There was bugger all attacking service and the midfield and defence were all over the place. Salah and Aguero wouldn't have got much out of that first 45.

As Ghost said, they'd done their homework on Morley. Dempsey (mom for me too) looked out of place and MJ was in a different county.
Yeah I agree. I don’t blame the strikers or who we picked up front. We lacked quality in the middle of the park on and off the ball. And MJ is struggling big time right now whether it’s the system or confidence (I think the latter) he’s not himself. Morley was well counteracted and it comes down to for me we need more than one type of midfield player for us to really challenge at the top.

We aren’t far off but still a bit away. Defence also lacks organisation at key points and you can see where we need to improve over the summer.

Also agree with Bruce, there is no shame losing to a very good side and we weren’t our best and still on another day could have got something out of it. Onto the next all we can do is keep plugging away.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sat Feb 26, 2022 8:52 pm

They're a good side and deserved to beat us. Good team, awful club.

The shape doesn't work with a press against a good side. They absolutely murdered us for 20 mins. Didn't have the bodies to press high so when we tried they played through, and when we sat off we still kept a high line and they had runners everywhere. Just always one short at the top end and so we were always five yards behind chasing shadows. Meant Fossey and John were in two minds. If they stayed in we couldn't get near the ball, if they dropped off they just played through.

But yeah, not the end of the world. That's a team who've been set in the way they play for a long time, and we're still playing catch up. A bridge too far.

My first time visiting MK, the out of town town. Awful business. I'm not one for my club's bigger than yours usually, but they can feck off. Still an absolute travesty what happened there.

Ground would be nice if it had a proper club in it.

Haven't seen the goals again, but live didn't look like much Trafford could do about the first, big deflection. Second was awful. Second half we huffed and puffed but created v little. MJ really struggles when he has to move around. Dempsey looks non league at 10, and a v good player at 8.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sat Feb 26, 2022 9:01 pm

feck knows where they find these refs from, too.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Feb 26, 2022 9:02 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Sat Feb 26, 2022 8:52 pm
They're a good side and deserved to beat us. Good team, awful club.

The shape doesn't work with a press against a good side. They absolutely murdered us for 20 mins. Didn't have the bodies to press high so when we tried they played through, and when we sat off we still kept a high line and they had runners everywhere. Just always one short at the top end and so we were always five yards behind chasing shadows. Meant Fossey and John were in two minds. If they stayed in we couldn't get near the ball, if they dropped off they just played through.

But yeah, not the end of the world. That's a team who've been set in the way they play for a long time, and we're still playing catch up. A bridge too far.

My first time visiting MK, the out of town town. Awful business. I'm not one for my club's bigger than yours usually, but they can feck off. Still an absolute travesty what happened there.

Ground would be nice if it had a proper club in it.

Haven't seen the goals again, but live didn't look like much Trafford could do about the first, big deflection. Second was awful. Second half we huffed and puffed but created v little. MJ really struggles when he has to move around. Dempsey looks non league at 10, and a v good player at 8.
Not saying I’d go quite as far as non league but I’m seeing a very good number 8 too who looks like he’d rather do anything than play the number 10 role. I’d like to see us add a proper number 10 in the summer.

Dapo does a job there sometimes. Lee does a superb run and press job there. I still don’t see either as a natural one and nor imo is Sheehan. We need to find that player who can drive us forward and time runs into the box. Ideally one with the ability to link back in too.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Feb 26, 2022 9:10 pm

I think Sadliers due a go at number ten personally. He’s done nowt wrong off the bench, and his only start was at Burton on the floodplain.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sat Feb 26, 2022 9:44 pm

Slowing the game down, playing backwards and sideways makes sense away from home but not when you're losing. It just didn't feel like we turned up today and barely worked their keeper. That said, for a team sitting in 3rd, we limited their chances and conceded to what looked like a handball from my seat and a defensive feck up.

Put it down to a bad day and hopefully play much better next weekend.

Milton Keynes is an odd place. It's like being in an episode of the Truman show, everything just feels like a facade or fake. It's a great stadium they have but wasted on that franchise.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sat Feb 26, 2022 10:23 pm

I expected to lose today and I think we've next to no chance of getting to the playoffs, but I'm positive about a strong end to the season. I also think we'll be very strong next season off the back off that. We're obviously not up to the standard of the top teams in the league yet, so the championship-winning form needed to make up the ground to playoffs is not happening and never was. It's great to get giddy, but we'll finish round where we are now, give or take a place. A few more exciting home wins will do for me.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Feb 26, 2022 11:09 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
Sat Feb 26, 2022 9:10 pm
I think Sadliers due a go at number ten personally. He’s done nowt wrong off the bench, and his only start was at Burton on the floodplain.
Yep. I am just not sure he is the press and run and drive us forward type you’d want away at MK Dons. Good player though no doubt.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Feb 26, 2022 11:15 pm

Oh whilst we're about it, when we're suggesting these CDs that apparently only Real Madrid can afford (and I know one of theirs is 37). Theirs we're pretty good.

The_Gun
Passionate
Passionate

Post by The_Gun » Sun Feb 27, 2022 8:12 am

From the snatches of the first half I was able to watch it looked like we were second best. Shite result, but that actually might have been the most difficult game we had left, so I think we’ll crack on now and put another good run together.

I didn’t watch most of the game, so can’t give a properly informed opinion, but based on the comments of others, I don’t think Evatt has got the midfield balance quite right yet. Morley and Dempsey should be the first choice sitters for me, with Sadlier given a crack as the starting 10. MJ alongside Morley doesn’t seem to be working particularly well in this formation.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sun Feb 27, 2022 8:55 am

MJ was fine yesterday, helped with Dempseys energy second half I think. Morley had his worst game by some distance.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Feb 27, 2022 10:48 am

The ridiculous ease with which Don's striker scored their second goal (plus a few near misses) must give cause to looking at our defence. Don's strength and confidence obviously came mainly from a good defence. It was only at the back end of the second half that we looked in the same class. It hurts to admit these things, but they can't be ignored. We can possibly make the play offs because they'll involve teams outside the top three, but even so, we're lacking in a few areas. Hope I.E admits our weak areas and is honest. Tippy-tappy possession in our half/box is a dangerous game to play at best, against top sides, it's suicidal.

Amen. ae:)

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Sun Feb 27, 2022 10:56 am

Worthy4England wrote:
Sat Feb 26, 2022 11:15 pm
Oh whilst we're about it, when we're suggesting these CDs that apparently only Real Madrid can afford (and I know one of theirs is 37). Theirs we're pretty good.
One is 37. The other two, combined, cost MK Dons over a million quid if reports are accurate. Bohemians 10% sell-on fee for Warren O'Hora netted them over 70k when he moved from Brighton to MK.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Feb 27, 2022 11:17 am

GhostoftheBok wrote:
Sun Feb 27, 2022 10:56 am
Worthy4England wrote:
Sat Feb 26, 2022 11:15 pm
One is 37. The other two, combined, cost MK Dons over a million quid if reports are accurate. Bohemians 10% sell-on fee for Warren O'Hora netted them over 70k when he moved from Brighton to MK.
I did mention one is 37, but we can do it again for good measure! One is 37. I don't want that one, although he was very good yesterday.

If my maths is correct, we can leave out the one that was apparently 700k out of the million (It was more the other two that caught my eye anyhow - but we know one of them is 37) and start looking nearer the other one, darling (who I'm guessing was a lot cheaper).

Sure they're out there if we look hard enough.

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Sun Feb 27, 2022 11:26 am

Worthy4England wrote:
Sun Feb 27, 2022 11:17 am
and start looking nearer the other one, darling
Okay, honey.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Feb 27, 2022 11:27 am

GhostoftheBok wrote:
Sun Feb 27, 2022 11:26 am
Worthy4England wrote:
Sun Feb 27, 2022 11:17 am
and start looking nearer the other one, darling
Okay, honey.
:D I'll tee 'em up...

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Feb 28, 2022 12:59 pm

Too early for match threads, but Gillingham away and Morecambe home. Wonder what I'E's telling the troops right now.? Is Rico being a bit ungrateful, or is he right to wait?