Are Gills half full pints, or half empty? Away to Gillingham Sat 5th March. 3-0'clock.

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Are Gills half full pints, or half empty? Away to Gillingham Sat 5th March. 3-0'clock.

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Mar 06, 2022 12:33 pm

knobpolisher wrote:
Sun Mar 06, 2022 12:10 pm
On the subject of Tuesday fixtures, yes we need a win to maintain the status quo but looking at next Saturdays line ups there are some tasty fixtures which will certainly see some movement. Big big week.
Yeah. We might be better off with a couple of them being draws, rather than one side or t'other on Saturday. Obvs we need win.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Are Gills half full pints, or half empty? Away to Gillingham Sat 5th March. 3-0'clock.

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Mar 06, 2022 12:41 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Sun Mar 06, 2022 12:29 pm
Just read the rather level-headed words of Neil Harris. Have to say, I too thought it had gone out on the lead up to Phillips' first booking.
Being as I thought Phillips, along with Thompson, stood out like pink polkadots against Gillingham's grey background yesterday (their very capable keeper not withstanding), I'm afraid that the price for the red card and subsequent ban could well prove catastrophic for them. Still, not our circus etc.
Not like they won't be used to it. Phillips has 6 yellows and (now) 3 reds from 13 starts. He looks an absolute liability.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Mar 06, 2022 2:46 pm

Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Mar 06, 2022 5:13 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Sun Mar 06, 2022 12:41 pm

Not like they won't be used to it. Phillips has 6 yellows and (now) 3 reds from 13 starts. He looks an absolute liability.
Interesting, because he certainly didn't strike me as being a dirty player so much as one with questionable timing.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Sun Mar 06, 2022 7:07 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Sun Mar 06, 2022 5:13 pm
Worthy4England wrote:
Sun Mar 06, 2022 12:41 pm

Interesting, because he certainly didn't strike me as being a dirty player so much as one with questionable timing.
Going off transfermarkt, all his previous red cards have come as second yellows. Seems yesterday wasn't a fluke but a pattern.

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Sun Mar 06, 2022 8:58 pm

A new feature from the club. Basically, a camera trained on the supporters (in a good way!).
https://twitter.com/OfficialBWFC/status ... X195A&s=09
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!