Are Gills half full pints, or half empty? Away to Gillingham Sat 5th March. 3-0'clock.

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

knobpolisher
Reliable
Reliable

Re: Are Gills half full pints, or half empty? Away to Gillingham Sat 5th March. 3-0'clock.

Post by knobpolisher » Sat Mar 05, 2022 5:22 pm

Yep we gained a point today on 6th , the next 4 matches all look winnable. If, and I know if is a little word with a big meaning, we can gain one point on each of the next 4 match days we will be very well placed. Those above will be looking downwards at the chasing pack knowing a slip up may be costly. We don't really have any pressure on us at the moment so hopefully that will be to our advantage. Roll on Tuesday, Morecambe deserve a pasting.
People haven't got a good word for you, but i have T**T.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Are Gills half full pints, or half empty? Away to Gillingham Sat 5th March. 3-0'clock.

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Mar 05, 2022 5:38 pm

Benefitted from the week off I guess! Great result. Have we slipped from 10th to 11th or did we start in 11th? Anyway I’ve seen the goals, Morleys is ace but I think JDBs is pretty good as well - great close control in the box and an instinctive prodded finish. Like it a lot!

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sat Mar 05, 2022 6:10 pm

Never. In. Doubt.

Great performance. Controlled it from the off,took our chances largely when they came and saw it out. Happy Wanderer here just leaving Gillingham
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

irie Cee Bee
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by irie Cee Bee » Sat Mar 05, 2022 6:20 pm

Today we put the ball down and played. Different from recent games. Still a bit slower than I would think Evatt wants but we did look much fresher. We played well. The defence led by the imperious Santos defended the set plays well. Those were Gills only threat. They could not live with us in midfield where Morley dominated. John and Fossey were dangerous. Not so much Dapo, Dad Bod nor Charles who uncharacteristically missed 2 sitters. Sadlier really looks a player but I am not sure where t0 play him except attacking down the left. Happy Thomasson got a few minutes. A game at a time. Win and we will keep the pressure on those above us.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Mar 05, 2022 7:09 pm

Mar wrote:
Sat Mar 05, 2022 4:55 pm
Bakayoko flashing a message on his top, can't see from the camera angle. Wonder if that ones for Jones' family?
Don't think it was - "Modiba RIP" I think.

Comfortable and confident. I did try to post but Gillingham's phone signal is as much of a hole as its housing.

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Sat Mar 05, 2022 7:29 pm

Comfortable win.
Never looked in doubt.
Gillingham is a sh!thole.
Great to see Pru & Darts again.
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

Dartisan
Promising
Promising

Post by Dartisan » Sat Mar 05, 2022 8:55 pm

TonyDomingos wrote:
Sat Mar 05, 2022 7:29 pm
Comfortable win.
Never looked in doubt.
Gillingham is a sh!thole.
Great to see Pru & Darts again.
T'was a pleasure. And it certainly was comfortable... And a sh!thole. As much so my second time of attending as first. Three points wherever they come from though👍 🎉
Everything but the game: Because it's not just a game, it's a way of life.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sat Mar 05, 2022 9:24 pm

Big shout out to Fossey today. MJ and Jon Dadi will probably get the plaudits but Marlon did a lot of great defensive work today that you don't always spot, blocks, winning headers etc. He looks better each week
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Sat Mar 05, 2022 9:25 pm

Said to the wife at one nil up that we were gonna win 3 nil. She said I'd jinxed us but lo and behold we win 3 nil comfortably.

Something about our team inspires confidence and belief and the record of not losing after going ahead gives me the impression of us winning comfortably.

Either way this is a great side weve got the pleasure of watching at the moment.

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Sat Mar 05, 2022 10:32 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Sat Mar 05, 2022 9:24 pm
Big shout out to Fossey today. MJ and Jon Dadi will probably get the plaudits but Marlon did a lot of great defensive work today that you don't always spot, blocks, winning headers etc. He looks better each week

Yup. Foss was great. Never stops.
Às armas, às armas!
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sun Mar 06, 2022 8:30 am

Fossey is ace. I saw some self billed analysis man was touting him for championship clubs on Twitter this week. I hope there’s a job to be done on him like we did with Dapo last summer. He needs regular football now…not to start as second choice next season.

The_Gun
Passionate
Passionate

Post by The_Gun » Sun Mar 06, 2022 8:37 am

Well Gillingham is certainly an odd place. Wouldn’t be in a rush to visit again, but had a very enjoyable day out regardless.

Much tougher days ahead on the run in, but we professionally navigated our way through a fixture where the opposition weren’t particularly interested in playing football.

Very impressed with Fossey in-person, and unfortunately really do think we’ll struggle to keep hold of him unless we manage to get promoted.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Mar 06, 2022 9:55 am

officer_dibble wrote:
Sun Mar 06, 2022 8:30 am
Fossey is ace. I saw some self billed analysis man was touting him for championship clubs on Twitter this week. I hope there’s a job to be done on him like we did with Dapo last summer. He needs regular football now…not to start as second choice next season.
He’s way above league one level. Already.

As I keep saying he’s the one we’ve got who can most easily play at a higher level.

He’s got it all. I have to pinch myself constantly to think he’s actually playing for us in league one.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Mar 06, 2022 11:04 am

Anyone know how long Dempsey is out for? 😀

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Sun Mar 06, 2022 11:07 am

Worthy4England wrote:
Sun Mar 06, 2022 11:04 am

90 minutes.
Às armas, às armas!
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Mar 06, 2022 11:14 am

TonyDomingos wrote:
Sun Mar 06, 2022 11:07 am
Worthy4England wrote:
Sun Mar 06, 2022 11:04 am

90 minutes.
Lucky it was nothing serious!

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Mar 06, 2022 11:20 am

The_Gun wrote:
Sun Mar 06, 2022 8:37 am
Well Gillingham is certainly an odd place. Wouldn’t be in a rush to visit again, but had a very enjoyable day out regardless.

Much tougher days ahead on the run in, but we professionally navigated our way through a fixture where the opposition weren’t particularly interested in playing football.

Very impressed with Fossey in-person, and unfortunately really do think we’ll struggle to keep hold of him unless we manage to get promoted.
For a partial fixture day, Tuesday has a lot of teams around us playing, all against teams they should probably beat in theory:

Crewe Alexandra v Portsmouth (Previous meeting 2-0 Pompey)
Ipswich Town v Lincoln City (Previous meeting 1-0 Ipswich)
Milton Keynes Dons v Cheltenham Town (Previous meeting 1-1)
Plymouth Argyle v AFC Wimbledon (Previous 1-0 Plymouth)
Sunderland v Fleetwood Town (2-2)
Bolton Wanderers v Morecambe (1-1)

Quite possible from that set, that we need to get 3 points just to remain where we are.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Mar 06, 2022 11:30 am

Even more annoying with hindsight - Burton's last 5 games. LDLLL and Wigan can now overtake Rotherham if they win their games in hand.

knobpolisher
Reliable
Reliable

Post by knobpolisher » Sun Mar 06, 2022 12:10 pm

On the subject of Tuesday fixtures, yes we need a win to maintain the status quo but looking at next Saturdays line ups there are some tasty fixtures which will certainly see some movement. Big big week.
People haven't got a good word for you, but i have T**T.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Mar 06, 2022 12:29 pm

Just read the rather level-headed words of Neil Harris. Have to say, I too thought it had gone out on the lead up to Phillips' first booking.
Being as I thought Phillips, along with Thompson, stood out like pink polkadots against Gillingham's grey background yesterday (their very capable keeper not withstanding), I'm afraid that the price for the red card and subsequent ban could well prove catastrophic for them. Still, not our circus etc.
May the bridges I burn light your way