Are Gills half full pints, or half empty? Away to Gillingham Sat 5th March. 3-0'clock.

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Mar
Icon
Icon

Re: Are Gills half full pints, or half empty? Away to Gillingham Sat 5th March. 3-0'clock.

Post by Mar » Sat Mar 05, 2022 4:39 pm

Dapo being busy at both ends, good work winning a goal kick and then blocking John's shot to almost make it 3-0. Unfortunate but he's definitely putting in a shift.

Mar
Icon
Icon

Re: Are Gills half full pints, or half empty? Away to Gillingham Sat 5th March. 3-0'clock.

Post by Mar » Sat Mar 05, 2022 4:40 pm

Just watched the first goal. Morley's goal looks a carbon copy of Gary Cahill's against QPR.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Mar 05, 2022 4:41 pm

knobpolisher wrote:
Sat Mar 05, 2022 4:35 pm
I would like a couple more goals for us obviously.
By the way Dapo has been poor IMO
Dapo has been pretty poor. I was just sat here contemplating posting the same. I think when he was main man, he was running hard and fast at the defence and terrifying them. For a while now, he's seemed very hesitant, slowing it down...To Mar's point, not saying he isn't putting yards in. :-)

knobpolisher
Reliable
Reliable

Post by knobpolisher » Sat Mar 05, 2022 4:44 pm

sonicthewhite wrote:
Sat Mar 05, 2022 4:36 pm
And Portsmouth have scored 3 with only 10 men.
And the Accys goalie is called Savin - clearly not savin enough.
People haven't got a good word for you, but i have T**T.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Mar 05, 2022 4:44 pm

Sads and Baka warming up.

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Sat Mar 05, 2022 4:45 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Sat Mar 05, 2022 4:41 pm
knobpolisher wrote:
Dapo has been pretty poor. I was just sat here contemplating posting the same. I think when he was main man, he was running hard and fast at the defence and terrifying them. For a while now, he's seemed very hesitant, slowing it down...To Mar's point, not saying he isn't putting yards in. :-)
I have been wondering how effective not playing to Dapo is. Back when Dapo was the main man earlier in the season the majority of the balls found Dapo and then Dapo did his thing. Since he started getting fouled out of games it got less and less effective but no doubt he's still a massive handful for the opposition concerns in which case he can open up space elsewhere, which given the players we've got now is allowing us to make headway elsewhere. It's clear he's an integral part of our game but like Jones it might not be as obvious.

Pretty much, play to Dapo, let him do his thing. Play to someone else and Dapo has opened up some space by moving their defenders.

On another note, MK Dons are beating Rotherham. Our title chase is back on :D (if only)

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Sat Mar 05, 2022 4:49 pm

Yes! Bakayoko makes it 3-0.

Linesman makes it 2-0.

Some lovely link up play going on. Dad Bod getting a great chance only to take it inside with a terrible touch.

Then with an even harder chance makes it 3-0. Get in!
Last edited by Mar on Sat Mar 05, 2022 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Mar 05, 2022 4:54 pm

Mar wrote:
Sat Mar 05, 2022 4:45 pm
Worthy4England wrote:
Sat Mar 05, 2022 4:41 pm
knobpolisher wrote:
I have been wondering how effective not playing to Dapo is. Back when Dapo was the main man earlier in the season the majority of the balls found Dapo and then Dapo did his thing. Since he started getting fouled out of games it got less and less effective but no doubt he's still a massive handful for the opposition concerns in which case he can open up space elsewhere, which given the players we've got now is allowing us to make headway elsewhere. It's clear he's an integral part of our game but like Jones it might not be as obvious.

Pretty much, play to Dapo, let him do his thing. Play to someone else and Dapo has opened up some space by moving their defenders.
I think pre-Jan there were probably less viable options, generally. Ball into Eoin or dribble n shoot! His goal conversion is actually quite poor. He scores a lot because he shoots a lot. I suspect now we have a fair bit more firepower, It might have been mentioned that beating three and putting it into the top tier isn't a great use of possession. Couple of games earlier in the new formations, he looked a little lost on occasion on what to actually do with the ball (whereas pre-Christmas no problem, run and shoot) :-)

sonicthewhite
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by sonicthewhite » Sat Mar 05, 2022 4:54 pm

And 3 😁
Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!

And the key to a result is a good :kettle:

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Mar 05, 2022 4:55 pm

3-0....lovely.... :oyea: :oyea: :oyea:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Sat Mar 05, 2022 4:55 pm

Bakayoko flashing a message on his top, can't see from the camera angle. Wonder if that ones for Jones' family?

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Mar 05, 2022 5:03 pm

Good performance. Should have been about 6/7///tbf. :-)

sonicthewhite
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by sonicthewhite » Sat Mar 05, 2022 5:03 pm

Great win.
Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!

And the key to a result is a good :kettle:

knobpolisher
Reliable
Reliable

Post by knobpolisher » Sat Mar 05, 2022 5:04 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Sat Mar 05, 2022 5:03 pm
Spot on, but 3 good points makes the next 4 games very interesting
People haven't got a good word for you, but i have T**T.

nicholaldo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by nicholaldo » Sat Mar 05, 2022 5:10 pm

The only footage I've seen is Morley's sublime finish so I can't comment on the performance other than to state how pleasing it is to win by such a comfortable scoreline away to a club that might currently be in the relegation zone but which had been in good form under new management.

Other results have been mixed:

Charlton Athletic 0-0 Sunderland
Crewe Alexandra 1-3 Wycombe Wanderers
Fleetwood 0-2 Ipswich Town
Lincoln City 3-1 Sheffield Wednesday
Oxford United 4-1 Burton Albion
Plymouth Argyle 2-0 Morecambe
Portsmouth 4-0 Accrington Stanley

Two good; five bad but probably to be expected.

Onto the next one.
Last edited by nicholaldo on Sat Mar 05, 2022 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Mar 05, 2022 5:11 pm

knobpolisher wrote:
Sat Mar 05, 2022 5:04 pm
Worthy4England wrote:
Sat Mar 05, 2022 5:03 pm
Spot on, but 3 good points makes the next 4 games very interesting
Aye keep going until large Marge starts warbling. Still doesn't feel like enough slip-ups in front of us at the moment.

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Sat Mar 05, 2022 5:12 pm

We just need mixed fortunes by a few others and we should be ok for a play off push. That's what this looks like today so happy days

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Sat Mar 05, 2022 5:14 pm

Much easier afternoon than I'd expected and I expected we'd do well. Should have been a real hammering, but the points are what matter. Onwards and upwards.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Mar 05, 2022 5:18 pm

GhostoftheBok wrote:
Sat Mar 05, 2022 5:14 pm
Much easier afternoon than I'd expected and I expected we'd do well. Should have been a real hammering, but the points are what matter. Onwards and upwards.
Shows the improvement when your a bit pi$$ed with a 3-0 away win. :-)