"Not necessarily in the right order" .Home v Morecambe, Tuesday, March 8th, 8-0'clock

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

"Not necessarily in the right order" .Home v Morecambe, Tuesday, March 8th, 8-0'clock

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Mar 07, 2022 9:14 am

As Eric, with Ernie duo, one of the few great things to come out of Morecambe said! :D

Will our orchestrator have a Morecambe plan at the Unibol, where no seagulls fly? With three out of four of our next features at home, beating Morecambe is almost essential to get our concerto in perfect tune. The only things we want to see in Shrimp nets are Bolton goals..Stand by to repel boarders....Have at it... :oyea:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Re: "Not necessarily in the right order" .Home v Morecambe, Tuesday, March 8th, 8-0'clock

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Mar 07, 2022 10:29 am

Evatt on Dempsey: “Kyle is back in. The illness has now subsided but we don’t know about his groin yet. We’re going to check him this morning and try to make sure he’s 100 per cent before we take any risks. Everyone else is fine apart from obviously Gethin, who is still away.”

Still no Kachunga - maybe Saturday. Izzy maybe 2-3 wks.
https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/1 ... mbe-clash/

KeyserSoze
Passionate
Passionate

Re: "Not necessarily in the right order" .Home v Morecambe, Tuesday, March 8th, 8-0'clock

Post by KeyserSoze » Mon Mar 07, 2022 10:36 am

5-0.
Nero fiddles while Gordon Burns.

The_Gun
Passionate
Passionate

Post by The_Gun » Mon Mar 07, 2022 11:02 am

Would like to see Sadlier and Dempsey (if fit) start this one. I think I’d actually give Morley a rest and play Dempsey next to MJ, put Sadlier in at 10 and start Dapo up top with JDB. Bring Charles off the bench if needed.

No real viable options to rotate in at the back, so the same five who started vs Gillingham will have to go again. If we can build a comfortable lead then I’d give John a breather in the second half.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Mar 07, 2022 11:22 am

It's the last game before the cut-off for totting up yellow cards, and MJ is one from being banned v Plymouth. I'd therefore like to rotate MJ out if possible but it depends if Dempsey is fit. I can't see Morley being rested.

Up front - you got the sense at Gillingham that Evatt wanted to keep Charles and Bod on the pitch as long as possible, because they were getting frustrated with not scoring, visibly in Bod's case (more than a couple of times he looked to the heavens after a team-mate failed to find him). Personally I'd have brought on Sadlier earlier, more or less straight after the second goal (65th minute), but hey-ho. I can see the point of resting Charles - he's started 13 of our last 14, and in the other he scored as a sub - and it would also free up a space for Sadlier to start at 10. Only one of his eight appearances has been from the start, at Burton, but his cameos show he has a good footballing brain and a will to show it.

However, we can't make changes for the sake of it, because failing to beat Morecambe would render Plymouth much less important. We can't afford to drop points, so a three-game week will surface some interesting squad-management quandaries.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Mar 07, 2022 12:00 pm

Pure rhetoric, as the thread title was a sort of question as much as a statement. I.E has to try and keep the squad sharp by giving as many of them as he dare sufficient game time yet still play our strongest options match for match. Charles seems to be the sort of player who can't imagine ever not starting, but striker options are as strong as we've had for a fair old while. Bakayoko's facts also can't be denied .

We also have to face the thought of life without Dapo, Fossey, Amechie, possibly Santos and almost certainly Baptiste (age and maybe contract end?), even young Trafford, wherever lady luck rolls our dice come season end.... Things can change so quickly as we well know for any number of things, loan terminations,family, injury, illness, suspensions even lack of form, so it's a two-sided coin all round when everybody is fit and pushing for selection. As beloved Eric would say, "All the right notes are there Mr Preview, but!"

COME ON YOU WHITES... :oyea: :oyea: :oyea:

ae:)

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Mar 07, 2022 12:22 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Mon Mar 07, 2022 10:29 am
Evatt on Dempsey: “Kyle is back in. The illness has now subsided but we don’t know about his groin yet. We’re going to check him this morning and try to make sure he’s 100 per cent before we take any risks. Everyone else is fine apart from obviously Gethin, who is still away.”
Fingers crossed, eh Ian? :D

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Mon Mar 07, 2022 1:07 pm

Hopefully we're 4-0 up before our unfair red card.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Mon Mar 07, 2022 1:08 pm

Narr I think it’s their turn for a red card in this one. Dirty bastards!

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Mon Mar 07, 2022 1:31 pm

Screenshot_20220307-132955_Flashscore UK.jpg
Screenshot_20220307-132955_Flashscore UK.jpg (431.97 KiB) Viewed 1436 times
Morcambe are due a draw. I say home win.
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

The_Gun
Passionate
Passionate

Post by The_Gun » Mon Mar 07, 2022 2:42 pm

Mon Mar 07, 2022 11:22 am
It's the last game before the cut-off for totting up yellow cards, and MJ is one from being banned v Plymouth. I'd therefore like to rotate MJ out if possible but it depends if Dempsey is fit. I can't see Morley being rested.

Up front - you got the sense at Gillingham that Evatt wanted to keep Charles and Bod on the pitch as long as possible, because they were getting frustrated with not scoring, visibly in Bod's case (more than a couple of times he looked to the heavens after a team-mate failed to find him). Personally I'd have brought on Sadlier earlier, more or less straight after the second goal (65th minute), but hey-ho. I can see the point of resting Charles - he's started 13 of our last 14, and in the other he scored as a sub - and it would also free up a space for Sadlier to start at 10. Only one of his eight appearances has been from the start, at Burton, but his cameos show he has a good footballing brain and a will to show it.

However, we can't make changes for the sake of it, because failing to beat Morecambe would render Plymouth much less important. We can't afford to drop points, so a three-game week will surface some interesting squad-management quandaries.
Absolutely not advocating changes for the sake of changes, but bringing in fresh players who wouldn't be a significant drop off in terms of quality, knowing we've got an equally important game coming up on Saturday, would be strategically wise in my mind. Got to use the squad now that we actually have one.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Mar 07, 2022 3:45 pm

The_Gun wrote:
Mon Mar 07, 2022 2:42 pm
Mon Mar 07, 2022 11:22 am

Absolutely not advocating changes for the sake of changes, but bringing in fresh players who wouldn't be a significant drop off in terms of quality, knowing we've got an equally important game coming up on Saturday, would be strategically wise in my mind. Got to use the squad now that we actually have one.
Oh for sure, especially in a three-game week, which we might not have many more of. Wasn't a pop at you, just saying I wouldn't underestimate the oppo, who we know can be buggardly to beat.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Mon Mar 07, 2022 8:49 pm

Start strong, couple of goals, take people off for a rest if you can. No point risking over-tinkering at this stage. Just go for it hammer and tongs until the playoffs are impossible, then try some youngsters.

Comfortable win tomorrow. 2 nil at half time, cruise to another 3 nil.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Tue Mar 08, 2022 8:18 am

Annoyingly the change in manager has probably helped them, I’m not convinced it will be that easy tonight. Expecting niggly fouls, slowing the game down, every trick in the book from Adams. We should still have enough but we need to keep our heads - I think Sadlier will have an impact again. 2-0, both late goals…

The_Gun
Passionate
Passionate

Post by The_Gun » Tue Mar 08, 2022 8:26 am

I don't doubt that Adams will try to make it difficult for us, but if we can't beat Morecambe at home then we don't deserve to make the playoffs.

I'm suspicious that Dempsey didn't play on Saturday due to some kind of 'gentleman's agreement' between us and Gillingham, so expect to see him start tonight. DSB is probably right that MJ won't be risked given the booking situation, so Dempsey probably takes his place.

The other decision then would be who to start as the 10, and who to play up top. Again I didn't think that Dapo looked great playing 10 against Gillingham, so I'd favour starting Sadlier there. My guess would be that Evatt brings in Baka alongside Charles from the off, although I'd personally go for Dad Bod again.

I think we'll win, hopefully with some early goals to give us the luxury of resting players in the second half, but any win will do.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:32 am

Agree totally re M.J. which is a risky option. He could easily be tempted into a physical battle and cost us. From DadBod's comments in the B.N. he sounds full of fire to be at it. I'd like to think we could start without Dapo because,(a:) he needs resting, and (b:) we need the flexibility of having more then one string to our bow in any position. With Dempsey available and Morley and Sadlier (Ameaiche ?) showing their worth, ideally, a couple of early goals would give I.E a reprieve.

In the immediate future, only Crewe (look) an easy task, which same may be said of Morecambe, but banana skins await everywhere in this league. At the risk of a riot, I might even think not starting with Charles as he's a good game-changing option in the unthinkable scenario of us being behind...que sera, as ever...COME ON YOU WHITES... ... :oyea: :oyea: :oyea:

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Tue Mar 08, 2022 11:18 am

I do like the idea of Dapo on the bench coming on against tired defenders. I think he’ll start though, be surprised if there are many changes - possibly Dempsey for MJ as suggested.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Mar 08, 2022 7:33 pm

See Marc Iles has pinched our thread title...Boo :D

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Tue Mar 08, 2022 7:35 pm

I think our best front two is Charles and Dapo but I think he's worried about us getting bullied at set pieces so leans towards having one of the big uns.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Tue Mar 08, 2022 7:46 pm

1 change Baka for Dad Bod. Demspey might actually have been ill/injured. Not on the bench so assume he felt MJ had to play. Hopefully see Tommo at half time when we're 9-0 up.