"Not necessarily in the right order" .Home v Morecambe, Tuesday, March 8th, 8-0'clock

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Re: "Not necessarily in the right order" .Home v Morecambe, Tuesday, March 8th, 8-0'clock

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:56 pm

Hollow.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Re: "Not necessarily in the right order" .Home v Morecambe, Tuesday, March 8th, 8-0'clock

Post by DJBlu » Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:56 pm

fecking get in! Dad Bod!

Stick it up ya Derek you c*nt!

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:56 pm

Yessssss

HMX
Passionate
Passionate

Post by HMX » Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:57 pm

YYEESSSSSSSSẞSSSSSSSSS

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:57 pm

Didn’t celebrate that myself till I saw the Morecambe players and realised they’d dropped two points. Hahahahahhahahahaha

sonicthewhite
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by sonicthewhite » Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:57 pm

You feckin beauty
Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!

And the key to a result is a good :kettle:

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:59 pm

Well that's us done but feck it would be superb if that sent them down.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

HMX
Passionate
Passionate

Post by HMX » Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:59 pm

Get relegated, dickheads

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:59 pm

Shite result. Hope them greasy tw@ts go down. Dirty time wasting ugly c*nts.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:59 pm

Face saving. And Adams is raging the little wanker.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Mar 08, 2022 10:02 pm

Hope they fcuk off down.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Tue Mar 08, 2022 10:03 pm

I'm glad I didn't watch it because it would have pissed me off far more than I'd have liked, but let's hope the rue that goal as they go down by a point.
Not much consolidation, but some. To be honest I never thought we were making playoffs even if we won this by 6, which makes the consolation even less scant!
This is an immature team, maybe they'll learn more from this than rolling pliant teams over.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Tue Mar 08, 2022 10:05 pm

I’d sign Phillips, and probably that holding midfielder they had as well as an MJ back up. I think their a better team than the manager allows… if they had pushed a bit more they’d have got a second.

We now need a miracle for the play offs. The key is keep it going as long as possible cos I fear about our self destruct tendencies with nothing to play for.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Tue Mar 08, 2022 10:07 pm

We're not far off. But we're still not there. A team with any hopes on going on puts that to bed in the first half hour when we played some lovely stuff. But for nil.

Then a poor mistake and 45 mins tied up in their nonsense.

They really are the worst though. They were time wasting after half an hour last year. Even the physio was in on it.

Would be delighted if they went down after our 114' and 93' equalisers.

We still have to beat them and didn't. But there's a line where dark arts turn into parody. So feck right off.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Tue Mar 08, 2022 10:08 pm

Sutton have beaten Wigan
HAHAHA!!!

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Mar 08, 2022 10:11 pm

Too slow. Too much nonsense backwards and sideways.

Johnstone shocking.

Will we learn not to play in front of teams? Someone needs to seriously work on them. Too many turn round rather than commit. Not good.

But we fecked the racists. So yeah. Good in the end.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Mar 08, 2022 10:12 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Tue Mar 08, 2022 10:07 pm
We're not far off. But we're still not there. A team with any hopes on going on puts that to bed in the first half hour when we played some lovely stuff. But for nil.

Then a poor mistake and 45 mins tied up in their nonsense.

They really are the worst though. They were time wasting after half an hour last year. Even the physio was in on it.

Would be delighted if they went down after our 114' and 93' equalisers.

We still have to beat them and didn't. But there's a line where dark arts turn into parody. So feck right off.
Aye to all this.

If Charles puts that chance away - at least the third golden chance he's missed in two games, BTW - then we go on to win comfortably IMO, unless they manage to con the ref into four red cards. But if me aunty were me uncle...

First goal again, innit. Credit that they kept on plugging. We have to learn not to get dragged into nonsense, but I'm more concerned about the lack of penetration in the second half. If we become the team we can be, it won't be often we're facing a low nine-man block while a goal down, but we need to know what to do in those situations, and I don't think we showed enough nous. I suspect Bod might have been better than Baka in that situation, because his movement and touch and brain are better, but it's too late now and it's not Baka's fault Johnston had a brainfart or Dion slashed that chance wide.

nicholaldo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by nicholaldo » Tue Mar 08, 2022 10:13 pm

It was clear how they were going to approach it before kick-off and it very nearly paid off. We have to either a) get better at breaking the opposition when they drop in, or b) take advantage of the numerous set-pieces we win. I can't express the frustration I feel at how impotent we still are attacking crosses into the penalty area.

But I enjoyed that late, late equaliser immensely. It was particularly delightful to see the rage of their Connolly after his shennanigans with Morley and the extra few bookings after the full-time whistle was the icing on the cake. I hope we never play them again.
Last edited by nicholaldo on Tue Mar 08, 2022 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Mar 08, 2022 10:14 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue Mar 08, 2022 10:11 pm
Too slow. Too much nonsense backwards and sideways.

Johnstone shocking.

Will we learn not to play in front of teams? Someone needs to seriously work on them. Too many turn round rather than commit. Not good.
You can't play in behind a team standing on the 18-yard line. And wanging in crosses is what they want. But I agree we didn't ask enough questions by passing.

Small side note - we play the ball slightly behind the player so often I'm starting to think it's purposeful. Surely instead we should be playing a yard in front of them, so they can power on and ask questions. I feel like a lot of players lost their nerve tonight.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Tue Mar 08, 2022 10:17 pm

First half an hour it was a matter of when we would score.

Then Morecambe successfully disrupted the game with a bit of time wasting, Adams started kicking off to take the heat off and slow it down. We lost our heads, make a mistake and go in 1 down.

Half time should have been about calming down and playing our football. I suspect it wasn’t we went gung ho and made a few mistakes and could have been two down.

We then resorted to getting frustrated with the lack of openings and lost our heads. Some crappy panicked shooting, crap crosses.

Ameachi showed a cool head at the end as did JDB.

Fossey, Dapo, Charles, Baka all really disappointing. Morley lost it last twenty as well but he was a one man Centre midfield at that point.

Thought Santos was good, Aimson defended well. Johnston was rattled. John was good as well, always showed and his persistence got us the late chances.