"Not necessarily in the right order" .Home v Morecambe, Tuesday, March 8th, 8-0'clock

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Re: "Not necessarily in the right order" .Home v Morecambe, Tuesday, March 8th, 8-0'clock

Post by officer_dibble » Wed Mar 09, 2022 8:28 am

That was ludicrous from Farnworth. I wonder how embarrassed he was doing it? I can’t get over how embarrassing they were, the fake screaming in pain on the floor…and how it actually detracted from their chances to win it. When they pressed us at the start of the second half they created a few good moments, or we gifted them a few. Two nil and that was game over. Their managers basically told them they aren’t good enough to win without resorting to cheating. Odd.

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Re: "Not necessarily in the right order" .Home v Morecambe, Tuesday, March 8th, 8-0'clock

Post by GhostoftheBok » Wed Mar 09, 2022 10:04 am

Not sure where the criticism of Morley would come from.

He was pressed intelligently in that second half, but was comfortably one of our best players last night.

He also just kept going. Always wanted the ball and was willing to take responsibility - unlike some of those around him.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Wed Mar 09, 2022 10:21 am

Basically he made a bad shot on about 85 minutes that was nearer the corner flag. Was a waste! But hardly the biggest culprit on the night.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Mar 09, 2022 10:22 am

GhostoftheBok wrote:
Wed Mar 09, 2022 10:04 am
Not sure where the criticism of Morley would come from.
Confirmation bias?

Anyway, Evatt's been talking strikers and goals. On JDB:
“It’s tough when Jon’s missed a lot of football before he came here and we’ve tried to gain his fitness and build his fitness up. Saturday, Tuesday, Saturday is really challenging and tough so we wanted to try and keep him fresh for Saturday. Baka has also deserved to play. He has scored a lot of goals for us of late and done really well and tonight I thought he did well too. But I am delighted for Jon to step up and get the goal.”

on Dion:
“Strikers go through these spells and sometimes, even the one off the bar, you just want that to go in for him. But we will back him and support him. We know he is a very good player. He is a big player for us so we will get around him and keep giving him confidence.”

On scoring (or conceding) first:
“The first goal, especially if you score in the first 20 minutes like we should have, it becomes a completely different game and then they can’t camp and hang on the way they did. I think the big chance that Dion missed, it would have been one of the best goals you’ll see at this stadium and the way we moved it, some of the combination play. We got away with it on Saturday as we missed some big chances then too. Against Morecambe we didn’t get away with it, so it is something we need to look at.”

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/1 ... gyle-game/

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Mar 09, 2022 10:24 am

officer_dibble wrote:
Wed Mar 09, 2022 10:21 am
Basically he made a bad shot on about 85 minutes that was nearer the corner flag. Was a waste! But hardly the biggest culprit on the night.
If I were to be hyper-critical I'd say that Morley was occasionally guilty of "forcing it", that catch-all term which comes in so handy when a low-percentage idea fails. But low-percentage ideas often occur when others don't show for it. As noted, quite a few of ours suddenly stopped doing the next right thing, the stuff that had come so easily in the first 40 minutes. That's when quarterbacks start going Hail Mary.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Mar 09, 2022 11:11 am

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Wed Mar 09, 2022 10:24 am
officer_dibble wrote:
If I were to be hyper-critical I'd say that Morley was occasionally guilty of "forcing it", that catch-all term which comes in so handy when a low-percentage idea fails. But low-percentage ideas often occur when others don't show for it. As noted, quite a few of ours suddenly stopped doing the next right thing, the stuff that had come so easily in the first 40 minutes. That's when quarterbacks start going Hail Mary.
Yes it was noticable how many Hollywoods, Santos and Morley tried to engineer later in the game (usually) to John. Their RB dealt with the first ball more often than not, although we sometimes picked up the second. It looked a bit too easily telegraphed more often than not.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Mar 09, 2022 11:31 am

Re-cap apropos of very little; Up to that moment of lunacy Morecambe weren't even at the donkey derby. One simple action of an under-hit pass and a football demonstration a la Barca, became fork handles Barker. It became a farcial joke. ( you want stats, read some). All the Shrimps had to do was keep us out by fair means (very little) or foul (a great deal) and they win the lottery. Bod's goal was such an overwhelming relief that it felt like a winner.

Dadbod has surely proved he's worth a start, because Baka's goals were all a tad easier achieved than his and he's useful elsewhere than directly in front of goal..I think time will prove useful in his partnership with Charles, and if Dapo doesn't show a little more enthusiasm, ( maybe the amount of times he gets fouled is having an effect?) slot in somebody who will, be it Sandlier, Dempsey, Morley, Ameachi or whoever. Bad day at the office hardly describes forty minutes onwards. We need to put it behind us because last night's game won't be remembered as monumental in anything but failure.

Amen. ae:)
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Mar 09, 2022 11:45 am

Worthy4England wrote:
Wed Mar 09, 2022 11:11 am
Wed Mar 09, 2022 10:24 am
officer_dibble wrote:
Yes it was noticable how many Hollywoods, Santos and Morley tried to engineer later in the game (usually) to John. Their RB dealt with the first ball more often than not, although we sometimes picked up the second. It looked a bit too easily telegraphed more often than not.
Aye. Usually if the balls are all going one way, it's either because the intended recipient is the sole chance of success or nobody else is showing for it. Loath as I am to give Adams credit, the left-back he brought on at half-time seemed much less troubled by Fossey than the first-half dude. Now, Fossey's pace means he prefers playing against teams with a high line, and that certainly wasn't the case in the second half, but it's also possible that he just wasn't showing for it as much.

Add in that LCB Johnston (defensive calamity notwithstanding) is generally a better option to pass to than RCB Aimson, then it's less surprising that when we were looking to probe and play we tended to go left. This is why I was suggesting in the second half bringing the ball-hungry Sadlier on for Aimson (willing but limited) and slotting MJ back into an attacking RCB role: he would IMO have been better at keeping the ball rotating. Sadlier isn't a central midfielder but by then Morecambe were camped, so we could play Morley behind Sadlier and Dapo. We did do that for 16 minutes till Dapo went off, but Aimson's limitations tended to render us less productive on the right.

Basically, we ended the game with three centre-backs still on the pitch, against a very low block. Johnston is effectively a semi-midfielder anyway and good on the ball, so that's alright. And I get that our patterns of play are built around that shape, with the wide centre-backs adding overloads. But when we're chasing the game and having nearly nine times as much possession as the oppo, I'd prioritise playing someone who can pass in that position. Several times we've seen MJ play through-balls for wing-backs to cross (indeed that's how we equalised at Morecambe). Can't say I've seen much of the same from Aimson, bless him. It's just not his game.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Wed Mar 09, 2022 1:05 pm

Yep, Jones was a big miss. Thought the same about MJ/Aimson and bringing Sadlier on. Ah well, it’s only football.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Mar 09, 2022 1:29 pm

Adams post match presser was a joy. You'd have thought he was Pep on Sunday commenting on City v United, the way he described it...

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Wed Mar 09, 2022 1:46 pm

I liked how he refused to shake Dapo and Evatts hands whilst moaning at the ref. Hope he stubs his toe or stands on some Lego today.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Mar 09, 2022 2:03 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
Wed Mar 09, 2022 1:46 pm
I liked how he refused to shake Dapo and Evatts hands whilst moaning at the ref. Hope he stubs his toe or stands on some Lego today.
I'm hoping for an upturned plug.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Wed Mar 09, 2022 2:32 pm

Wed Mar 09, 2022 2:03 pm
officer_dibble wrote:
Wed Mar 09, 2022 1:46 pm
I'm hoping for an upturned plug.
I'm going for plugged in hair straighteners.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Mar 09, 2022 6:52 pm

pullback.jpg
pullback.jpg (51.29 KiB) Viewed 1029 times
They're still bleating about how the refs are against them. Whinging c*nts.

They haven't mentioned this one much,

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Thu Mar 10, 2022 1:18 pm

Or the fact it makes up for the pen they got in the away game…which they missed anyway!

I’d be looking at why my manager assumed the players were not good enough to win on their own without cheating and parking the bus if I was them. Try a game of football lads, you never know you might enjoy it.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Mar 10, 2022 3:26 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Wed Mar 09, 2022 6:52 pm
pullback.jpgThey're still bleating about how the refs are against them. Whinging c*nts.

The ref let them get away with bloody murder. How can they complain?

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Mar 10, 2022 3:54 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Thu Mar 10, 2022 3:26 pm
Worthy4England wrote:
pullback.jpgThey're still bleating about how the refs are against them. Whinging c*nts.

Monocularity.

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Thu Mar 10, 2022 4:16 pm

Thu Mar 10, 2022 3:54 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Thu Mar 10, 2022 3:26 pm
Worthy4England wrote:

Monocularity.
They've got a good bit of history with tunnel vision towards Morecambe, as was the case last season. Derek Adams' post match assessment has them down as the better team and that they should've won it. Must've blacked out during that first half then

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Mar 11, 2022 5:12 pm

Saucer of milk for Evatt:

“ I watched game back and how we didn’t win is baffling really. 80 odd per cent possession, 22 shots to their four.

Some self-preservation from their manager after the game I see, but other than that we played really well. Some of our football was breath-taking at times, especially first half.

“Sometimes you don’t always get what you deserve in football and I don’t think anybody could argue other than the lot at Morecambe that we certainly didn’t get what we deserved.”

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/1 ... yle-clash/

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Fri Mar 11, 2022 10:30 pm

To be honest if he rocked up and said derick Adams was a c*nt I’d agree and move on. We all know what happened Tuesday let’s just forget about it and get on.