Back on track or up the Junction.? V Crewe away, Sat19th Mar. 3-0'clock.

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Jim_McDonuts
Reliable
Reliable

Re: Back on track or up the Junction.? V Crewe away, Sat19th Mar. 3-0'clock.

Post by Jim_McDonuts » Fri Mar 18, 2022 6:26 pm

Got to feel for Fossey. Just had a look at his twitter and the lad has had a litany of injuries. Am I allowed to say seems like poor man management on our part, was clear he's been struggling last few games - now we've broke him (& a well functioning system to boot). Obviously these things happen but wasn't exactly out the blue...

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Fri Mar 18, 2022 7:18 pm

Jim_McDonuts wrote:
Fri Mar 18, 2022 6:26 pm
Got to feel for Fossey. Just had a look at his twitter and the lad has had a litany of injuries. Am I allowed to say seems like poor man management on our part, was clear he's been struggling last few games - now we've broke him (& a well functioning system to boot). Obviously these things happen but wasn't exactly out the blue...
That seems a rather harsh point of view Jim. He's been excellent and if he's been struggling at all lately, imo that was due to either Jones absence, poor service or as v Plymouth being very well shackled.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

nicholaldo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by nicholaldo » Fri Mar 18, 2022 8:54 pm

Wasn't he a victim of a heavy tackle?

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Mar 19, 2022 8:14 am

Outside of the media, I wonder just how many people refer to Gresty Road as The Mornflake Stadium? 🤔
May the bridges I burn light your way

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Mar 19, 2022 8:25 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Sat Mar 19, 2022 8:14 am
Outside of the media, I wonder just how many people refer to Gresty Road as The Mornflake Stadium? 🤔
Given I still say I'm off to the Bok, I suspect no bugger.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Mar 19, 2022 9:32 am

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Fri Mar 18, 2022 7:18 pm
Jim_McDonuts wrote:
Fri Mar 18, 2022 6:26 pm
That seems a rather harsh point of view Jim. He's been excellent and if he's been struggling at all lately, imo that was due to either Jones absence, poor service or as v Plymouth being very well shackled.
Yeah I don’t think he’s been struggling. The team just hasn’t played as well and teams have put two on him and Aimson being the big lump he is just doesn’t offer Fossey the foil that Jones did.

But I think it’s one of those freak injuries. When people say players are injury prone there are two types. There is the wheater persistent back injury you can’t do anything about but impacts their running and therefore needs management. You have to develop special routines and not overwork them. Then there are players who just pick up unrelated injuries. You can’t explain it. And not sure you can do much if anything to mitigate it. Holden. A good example. Even before us lad had injuries. Just seemed unlucky.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Mar 19, 2022 9:43 am

Isn't this his third knee injury and the third that's required surgery? (Dunno if same knee). I'd probably also recommend cutting out the back flips...

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Mar 19, 2022 11:06 am

Worthy4England wrote:
Sat Mar 19, 2022 9:43 am
Isn't this his third knee injury and the third that's required surgery? (Dunno if same knee). I'd probably also recommend cutting out the back flips...

Just part of his personality I'd say. He sure won't be doing them, or anything else, for a while, but he's a breath of fresh air we haven't had since Ivan Campo or J.J left. I sure hope he makes a swift recovery. Football needs the Fossey''s.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Mar 19, 2022 11:09 am

TANGODANCER wrote:
Sat Mar 19, 2022 11:06 am
Worthy4England wrote:
Sat Mar 19, 2022 9:43 am

Just part of his personality I'd say. He sure won't be doing them, or anything else, for a while, but he's a breath of fresh air we haven't had since Ivan Campo or J.J left. I sure hope he makes a swift recovery. Football needs the Fossey''s.
I'm sure it is TD. But maybe not well advised when you've already had two knee ops and you're now in for your third...

Jim_McDonuts
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Jim_McDonuts » Sat Mar 19, 2022 12:07 pm

Yeah, fair enuff all - apologies for hyperbole.
I've been watching on tv rather than games but there has seemed a few where he's been limping, or at least moving gingerly by end of games. Like I said, looking at his twitter he's had some serious layoffs and put in the hard yards to come back. Guess just really hope it's not the last we see of him in a Wanderers shirt -- been such a big part of our turnaround.

I know 'working the socials' is a big part of modern game but he's been so much more active online since joining us, and you do get a strong feeling that he's enjoyed his time here so far - certainly get no sense of him being part of another team (Fulham obvs) whilst on loan with us (unlike several other loan players we've had).

Wish him the best whatever happens - even more so we get to see him again next season -- medical team, work your magic please...

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Mar 19, 2022 12:32 pm

Jim_McDonuts wrote:
Sat Mar 19, 2022 12:07 pm
I've been watching on tv rather than games but there has seemed a few where he's been limping, or at least moving gingerly by end of games. Like I said, looking at his twitter he's had some serious layoffs and put in the hard yards to come back. Guess just really hope it's not the last we see of him in a Wanderers shirt -- been such a big part of our turnaround.

I know 'working the socials' is a big part of modern game but he's been so much more active online since joining us, and you do get a strong feeling that he's enjoyed his time here so far - certainly get no sense of him being part of another team (Fulham obvs) whilst on loan with us (unlike several other loan players we've had).

Wish him the best whatever happens - even more so we get to see him again next season -- medical team, work your magic please...
I would agree that he has taken well to regular senior football. Question is whether he thinks he could slot in just as well somewhere else. He played in seven of Shrewsbury's first 10 games last season before (guess what?) knee-knack, so he may understandably be fairly confident he could slot straight in at a third successive senior club. You need self-belief to get anywhere near the levels he has. But you might also need a cuddle occasionally, and I dare say he's been made to feel exceptionally welcome off the field; certainly the fans have rarely been so keen to offer their marital privileges...

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Mar 19, 2022 12:39 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Sat Mar 19, 2022 12:32 pm
Jim_McDonuts wrote:
Sat Mar 19, 2022 12:07 pm

I would agree that he has taken well to regular senior football. Question is whether he thinks he could slot in just as well somewhere else. He played in seven of Shrewsbury's first 10 games last season before (guess what?) knee-knack, so he may understandably be fairly confident he could slot straight in at a third successive senior club. You need self-belief to get anywhere near the levels he has. But you might also need a cuddle occasionally, and I dare say he's been made to feel exceptionally welcome off the field; certainly the fans have rarely been so keen to offer their marital privileges...
He’s not a right back. Probably not a winger at a level up or at least not at one of the better sides as a regular. But as a wing back he’s for me outstanding and would walk into any championship side with that system injuries not withstanding.

But that does somewhat limit his options. A side playing 4 probably doesn’t suit him.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Mar 19, 2022 12:40 pm

Oh Marlon Fossey!

They seemed to rate him at Shrewsbury, but I think that he's only played 22 grown up games at 23 isn't down to his ability. He's been a breath of fresh air for us as RWB but as Ghosty says, medical team will need a serious look before we commit. Feels like it might need a bit more than a standard medical...

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Mar 19, 2022 2:01 pm

TEAM NEWS
Sadlier in; Demps on bench.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Mar 19, 2022 2:03 pm

Doesn't tell us much.

Sadlier could be straight in for Fossey, same formation, or we could play a 4-2-3-1 (but prob not a 4-3-3).

Back four would mean Aimson RB, which is sub-optimal. Morley and MJ behind a front four of Dapo, Sads, Bod, Charles.

Jim_McDonuts
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Jim_McDonuts » Sat Mar 19, 2022 2:13 pm

Ilses going for straight swap :|

nicholaldo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by nicholaldo » Sat Mar 19, 2022 2:25 pm

I think I'd rather Senior started in a back four. In effect, we have two, arguably three, players - Aimson, Sadlier, and Dapo - playing roles they aren't particularly suited to in order to try and acccommodate a 3-5-2 formation.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Mar 19, 2022 2:26 pm

Jim_McDonuts wrote:
Sat Mar 19, 2022 2:13 pm
Ilses going for straight swap :|
Gotta be honest, that's what I thought tbf.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Mar 19, 2022 2:26 pm

Lack of a keeper apart, looks a strong bench. No sign of Isgrove yet though?
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Mar 19, 2022 2:39 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Sat Mar 19, 2022 2:26 pm
Lack of a keeper apart, looks a strong bench. No sign of Isgrove yet though?
He'll appear before season's end but there's no point rushing him now. Well, maybe a small point in that he could replace Fossey, but not worth the risk IMO.