Deal or no deal? - Summer 2022 Transfer gossip!

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Mar
Icon
Icon

Re: Deal or no deal? - Summer 2022 Transfer gossip!

Post by Mar » Fri Jun 24, 2022 9:23 pm

Kioso has gone to Rotherham so presumably his move to Rotherham has fell through. Gonna be interesting to know whether or not it is down to medical reasons or another reason like finance from Fulham.

Might very well be Wigan bound but you'd think he would've sorted a contract out before Bolton and Rotherham pull out of the running.

Kioso is a good acquisition for Rotherham. Maybe paves the way for Fossey to rock up at Luton

The_Gun
Passionate
Passionate

Post by The_Gun » Sat Jun 25, 2022 6:57 am

Mar wrote:
Fri Jun 24, 2022 9:23 pm
Kioso has gone to Rotherham so presumably his move to Rotherham has fell through. Gonna be interesting to know whether or not it is down to medical reasons or another reason like finance from Fulham.

Might very well be Wigan bound but you'd think he would've sorted a contract out before Bolton and Rotherham pull out of the running.

Kioso is a good acquisition for Rotherham. Maybe paves the way for Fossey to rock up at Luton
🤨

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sat Jun 25, 2022 9:30 am

I think Mar means Fossey's move to Rotherham has potentially fallen through.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sat Jun 25, 2022 9:32 am

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:02 am
officer_dibble wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:29 am
Might be why a few clubs have gone down the route of providing their own service. If you could get £100 p.a. Membership plus a tenner a game and it was essentially clubs YouTube + I follow + youth/b games might be worth a few bob?
Which reminds me - wasn't there talk of making iFollow usable in the UK for the Saturday 3pm games?
I believe it was discussed but nothing came from it. One thing that did was all games are available, even if they are shown on TV.

There was a debate at the AGM earlier this month when they also announced teams can wear their 3rd kit to assist with any colour blindness issues, oh and 5 subs.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Jun 25, 2022 10:33 am

Ok, thanks DJBlu. Curious that they're letting clubs undercut the TV deals by showing the televised games - but I suppose if you have Sky, you'll watch Sky.

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Sat Jun 25, 2022 10:46 am

The launch of the 'B' team would be a great opportunity to begin developing a "BWFC TV" model.

The_Gun
Passionate
Passionate

Post by The_Gun » Sat Jun 25, 2022 11:18 am

GhostoftheBok wrote:
Fri Jun 24, 2022 12:24 pm
Looks like Twine is off to Burnley. Big loss for MK, but £4m is massive money at this level and they should have targets lined up.
Are MK very likely to reinvest all that cash, Ghost? If so they could end up improving despite losing the best player in the league.

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Sat Jun 25, 2022 11:26 am

The_Gun wrote:
Sat Jun 25, 2022 11:18 am
Are MK very likely to reinvest all that cash, Ghost? If so they could end up improving despite losing the best player in the league.
MK have a pretty long term approach to transfers and they typically take a slice of incoming fees and put it towards development; but the expectation locally is that they are prepared to spend a decent whack of that fee this summer and possibly into January, depending what's available.

Previously they've had to service debt, but that's apparently less of an issue this year. Not something I know personally, though, just what I was told.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Jun 25, 2022 2:08 pm

Fri Jun 24, 2022 3:09 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri Jun 24, 2022 3:05 pm
What a Sithole…
That's a truly unfortunate surname. Good luck to him.
https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/2 ... le-b-team/
Pronounced Sitt-u-lay, it seems. Let's hope he's more "olé" than "sitter-misser".

Seems to prefer Gez as forename, too. So it's Gez Sit-olé! Good on him. Not bad to have someone with 16 third-tier games signing for yer B-team.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Jun 25, 2022 4:22 pm

Sat Jun 25, 2022 2:08 pm

Pronounced Sitt-u-lay, it seems. Let's hope he's more "olé" than "sitter-misser".

Seems to prefer Gez as forename, too. So it's Gez Sit-olé! Good on him. Not bad to have someone with 16 third-tier games signing for yer B-team.
Apropos of not much, but one of the girls in the Dutch Women's team has BEERER STEYNER as a surname. Just mentioning...
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Sat Jun 25, 2022 4:44 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Sat Jun 25, 2022 4:22 pm
Apropos of not much, but one of the girls in the Dutch Women's team has BEERER STEYNER as a surname. Just mentioning...
Was she a 2 pinter?

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Jun 25, 2022 9:59 pm

Sat Jun 25, 2022 2:08 pm

Pronounced Sitt-u-lay
Bit like people on Johnny Fow claiming to live in Smithills.

Aye, if you say so! :D
May the bridges I burn light your way

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sun Jun 26, 2022 8:47 am

22 games in the same division as us last season - feels like someone who might get a look in with the first team sooner rather than later.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Jun 26, 2022 11:12 am

“We have a valuation for someone and if we don’t get it then we are happy to walk away. And that isn’t because Sharon and the rest of the board are saying there is no money available – there is money, more than enough – but I don’t want us to be that. I want to be smart and strategic and do things the right way.
Evatt today quoted in the MEN.

So I think talk that he’s not resourced or is frustrated is wide of the mark. He’s obviously determined to work within his and the recruitment teams valuations. Which I think is admirable, and ultimately what we want.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sun Jun 26, 2022 11:59 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sun Jun 26, 2022 11:12 am
“We have a valuation for someone and if we don’t get it then we are happy to walk away. And that isn’t because Sharon and the rest of the board are saying there is no money available – there is money, more than enough – but I don’t want us to be that. I want to be smart and strategic and do things the right way.

So I think talk that he’s not resourced or is frustrated is wide of the mark. He’s obviously determined to work within his and the recruitment teams valuations. Which I think is admirable, and ultimately what we want.
Interesting also that he talked of having walked away when prices got too steep. Unless Tucker's reps were greedy, or there's someone else we don't know about, that can only be Marlon. Looks like his agent's played an absolute stinker – unless it's the fee Fulham wanted after watching their permacrock turn into a somersaulting superstar of the third tier, liberally invited to bonk fans' spouses.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Jun 26, 2022 12:20 pm

Sun Jun 26, 2022 11:59 am
BWFC_Insane wrote:

Interesting also that he talked of having walked away when prices got too steep. Unless Tucker's reps were greedy, or there's someone else we don't know about, that can only be Marlon. Looks like his agent's played an absolute stinker – unless it's the fee Fulham wanted after watching their permacrock turn into a somersaulting superstar of the third tier, liberally invited to bonk fans' spouses.
I believe Fulham got a bid for Fossey from the championship that was far more than we’d have agreed. Why that hasn’t happened yet is anyones guess.

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Sun Jun 26, 2022 12:21 pm

We will have spoke to half a dozen players/reps for various positions. He may well be talking about quite a few players we've had a look at.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sun Jun 26, 2022 12:25 pm

GhostoftheBok wrote:
Sun Jun 26, 2022 12:21 pm
We will have spoke to half a dozen players/reps for various positions. He may well be talking about quite a few players we've had a look at.
Indeed. That would fall under "someone else we don't know about".

Still strikes me that Evatt was right when he sympathetically said it hadn't worked out for Marlon this summer. But, y'know - for us it means he's still a possibility to return in January or next summer, should we see fit.

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Sun Jun 26, 2022 12:26 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:

I think any Bolton fan older that school age would rather compete in League One for another season or two than risk another melt down.

Hopefully a few things shake loose in the next couple of weeks and we can give ourselves a better shot at getting out of the division. "Phase one", as it were, hasn't gone as hoped; but it's a marathon and not a sprint.

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Sun Jun 26, 2022 12:36 pm

Sun Jun 26, 2022 12:25 pm
Still strikes me that Evatt was right when he sympathetically said it hadn't worked out for Marlon this summer. But, y'know - for us it means he's still a possibility to return in January or next summer, should we see fit.
Depends on circumstances. It's hard to read with Evatt sometimes whether he's being snarky or is just a bit awkward at times. I'd like to think there's no hard feelings with how things have gone with Marlon, as he seemed a decent lad and if he's being poorly advised that's awful at this level. We can't say though, from the outside, and just have to hope for the best for ourselves in a selfish game.

What we can say is whatever powder we have is very much dry. As Evatt said you hear things from circles, and the talk around the loanees we've got in is very much that their respective clubs view them as development opportunities and the finances reflect that. We're not coving Traf's new contract and both he and Bradley are subsidised to that extent.

We are yet to go to the levels we hit for Dad Bod, for example, so we should have space at the top end of our wage structure for the right players. There's starting to be a bit of movement now as actual money changes hands, but things won't really get going until most of the free agents have signed somewhere.