Steel the 3 points? Sheff Weds, Sat 9/4 at 3pm(h)

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Steel the 3 points? Sheff Weds, Sat 9/4 at 3pm(h)

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Apr 09, 2022 8:05 pm

nicholaldo wrote:
Sat Apr 09, 2022 7:42 pm
officer_dibble wrote:
Sat Apr 09, 2022 5:14 pm
Big away following upset for once - excellent. Get in there!

Absolutely this.

One thing (of many) I've been sick of over the last few years is large away followings coming to our stadium and having a day out at our expense. It felt great to shut them up, especially as they clearly thought they had it won.
It’s the problem with our ground - if we can sell 5,000 tickets at £32 a pop you can’t turn that down….but i begrudge anyone enjoying a day at our home. And it’s been far too frequent in the last ten years. What I like most about Evatt is he’s got us scraping for everything. We never give up.

enrdentw
Promising
Promising

Post by enrdentw » Sat Apr 09, 2022 8:18 pm

I posted this on my Twitter… I don’t waste my Saturday nights…

Since mid-Jan (with most of the new signings) we’ve averaged 2 ppg over 18 games

8 of those games have been against teams sat above us in the league

2ppg would usually give you automatic promotion

Important we take this momentum into next season. Lots to be excited about.

jmjhb
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jmjhb » Sun Apr 10, 2022 12:03 am

Eh, we're doing fine on the whole, whilst picking up decent results, and it's glaringly obvious where we need to improve. Can't get too downbeat.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sun Apr 10, 2022 1:07 am

There’s definitely something about this bunch of players. Been a while since we heard the complaint about lack of leaders, lack of steel, etc and so on. And they find a way to score, much more often than not. Work on tightening the defence, especially from set pieces, and we’re in a decent state for next season - no guarantees, but a decent chance.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Apr 10, 2022 9:04 am

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Sun Apr 10, 2022 1:07 am
There’s definitely something about this bunch of players. Been a while since we heard the complaint about lack of leaders, lack of steel, etc and so on. And they find a way to score, much more often than not. Work on tightening the defence, especially from set pieces, and we’re in a decent state for next season - no guarantees, but a decent chance.
Yeah the character and spirit are fine. Which is absolutely not as easy to get right as some might think. The defence and midfield need improvements for a real challenge as do wide areas. The key for me is signing real quality. If we can only get one great player in each area that is better than singing too many just ok ones. We saw the difference Fossey made. But that’s the quality needed. So need to be patient this summer and sign real proven quality players for me if we want to challenge. And then we will have to hope we have more luck with injuries than this season.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Apr 10, 2022 11:29 am

Wife came into the room just before the game ended to tell me England and Wales were on T.V. I put the tele on . Our game was all but overs and She was right, but it was rugby and women's at that (The Roses battered the Daffodils 51-5). I said I'd leave it on because we'd lost...and just then M.J scored and we were level. Oh, the sheer joy. I
could hardly believe it. What a team..:oyea:

:D ae:)
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Apr 10, 2022 12:32 pm

Just curious, but does anyone know why the SW players don't get involved in that taking-the-knee business?
May the bridges I burn light your way

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Apr 10, 2022 4:30 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Sun Apr 10, 2022 12:32 pm
Just curious, but does anyone know why the SW players don't get involved in that taking-the-knee business?
Personal choice apparently. They agree with the sentiments but think more should be done than just taking the knee gesture. This according to Ian Moore. They apparently did it last season, but not this?
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?