The Pessimist's Guide to 22/23

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Re: The Pessimist's Guide to 22/23

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Jul 31, 2022 2:59 pm

Not won a game allseason.

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Re: The Pessimist's Guide to 22/23

Post by GhostoftheBok » Sun Jul 31, 2022 4:28 pm

For more serious pessimism, Evatt doesn't suit realism.

All that signing and "We all know this is a tough start" stuff was, I had hoped, just for the press. A way to show he's less cocky than people think and improve his image. Then we sent out a side to play "hit the runner" against Ipswich and suddenly Evatt looked like a genuine pessimist.

Pruf said it was like watching England vs Croatia, but that's not true. It was like watching England vs Croatia if Croatia were the team playing direct.

There's a quote from the American civil war, "He could achieve victory no other way than through the manliness of these men." Evatt got a point because the lads manned up and made a bad tactical choice work as well as it could for 30 minutes. Then we got bloody lucky.

We need to get a win or two early and get ol' big 'ead back in the building.

I think Evatt is still in shock from being hit in the face with the realities of the market this summer and I'd like to see him get back to being cocky to the point of delusional as soon as possible, please. Even realistic Evatt has to believe his side will batter Port Vale and Morecambe. If not, someone sign the man a proper footballer who he believes he can turn into Zidane or some such bollocks.