New sponsor

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Re: New sponsor

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Jul 14, 2022 3:53 pm

nicholaldo wrote:
Thu Jul 14, 2022 2:26 pm
It does look very nice.

Although I don't buy football shirts any more, I've just noticed it costs fifty of the Queen's English pounds. That's a bit steep.
Only time I wear a BW top now is when playing football. I might buy the recently-unveiled home one at the end of the season when it goes on offer. I wouldn't pay £40/50 for any other shirt so it would be financially daft for me to do so for one I can only wear one night a week – but if that's what the board have decided the market can bear, then good luck to all who wear and sell them.

Have to say, after that horrific first shirt under FV - the dotty-background "Established 1877" one - they've been looking much better. IMO the new home one's the best since 2005, and possibly even 1993.

nicholaldo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by nicholaldo » Thu Jul 14, 2022 3:55 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Thu Jul 14, 2022 2:48 pm
nicholaldo wrote:
It does look very nice.

Although I don't buy football shirts any more, I've just noticed it costs fifty of the Queen's English pounds. That's a bit steep.
A most generous offer from Her Majesty to buy it for you...

She's good like that, Liz.

nicholaldo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by nicholaldo » Thu Jul 14, 2022 4:57 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Thu Jul 14, 2022 3:53 pm
nicholaldo wrote:
It does look very nice.

Only time I wear a BW top now is when playing football. I might buy the recently-unveiled home one at the end of the season when it goes on offer. I wouldn't pay £40/50 for any other shirt so it would be financially daft for me to do so for one I can only wear one night a week – but if that's what the board have decided the market can bear, then good luck to all who wear and sell them.

Have to say, after that horrific first shirt under FV - the dotty-background "Established 1877" one - they've been looking much better. IMO the new home one's the best since 2005, and possibly even 1993.

I'm not an admirer of Macron's designs generally but I agree the last couple have been an improvement.

That 93-97 period really was a golden age for our kits, both home and away, as far as I'm concerned. Keeping it simple seems to be the key.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Jul 20, 2022 2:10 pm

I take it that these are for those of us who now look like darts throwers rather than footballers? :D

May the bridges I burn light your way

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Jul 20, 2022 3:03 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Wed Jul 20, 2022 2:10 pm
I take it that these are for those of us who now look like darts throwers rather than footballers? :D

That or people who have lost their vision.

The_Gun
Passionate
Passionate

Post by The_Gun » Tue Sep 13, 2022 12:43 pm

I don't know whether anyone's been to Dubai recently, but I was there for work last week and saw quite a lot of, very large, adverts for Service My Car down Sheikh Zayed Road (main road through Dubai and into Abu Dhabi). It made me think they actually must be a reasonably big deal out there, so perhaps not quite the risk I thought they might be as a partner when the deal was announced.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Tue Sep 13, 2022 8:06 pm

The_Gun wrote:
Tue Sep 13, 2022 12:43 pm
I don't know whether anyone's been to Dubai recently, but I was there for work last week and saw quite a lot of, very large, adverts for Service My Car down Sheikh Zayed Road (main road through Dubai and into Abu Dhabi). It made me think they actually must be a reasonably big deal out there, so perhaps not quite the risk I thought they might be as a partner when the deal was announced.
It's definitely a service that would thrive out there. Whether it would work in the UK I'm less sure. Anyway, hype is the way in that part of the world. A lot of it often amounts to nowt very much.