New sponsor

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

New sponsor

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Jun 20, 2022 4:35 pm

Bolton Wanderers are pleased to confirm a significant new principal partner agreement with Service My Car, who will be official kit sponsors for the 2022/23 season.

As part of a major one-year deal, the online car servicing and repair network’s logo will feature on the front and back of Wanderers’ home, away and third shirts, as well as shorts. In addition, Service My Car’s logo will appear across club digital platforms and media backdrops at the University of Bolton Stadium.

Founded by Bolton-born Ozair Puda in the UAE in 2019, Service My Car provides car owners with a hassle-free, seamless digital journey across all their car service and repair needs by booking, collecting, servicing and delivering your car at a conveniently-booked time.

Following success in the UAE, the company then expanded into Oman and most recently, the UK with a Bolton-based headquarters, employing over 200 people across all countries. To date, Service My Car has serviced over 20,000 cars and sold over 100,000 spare parts.

Ozair Puda, Chief Executive Officer of Service My Car said: “We are happy and excited to see Service My Car on the Bolton Wanderers kit.The official kit partnership with Bolton Wanderers is a key milestone to enhance our brand awareness as we scale up our operations in Bolton and across the Northwest. Being from Bolton, it made sense to bring the kit sponsorship back home.”

Neil Hart, Chief Executive Officer for Bolton Wanderers said: “We’re delighted to enter into this substantial commercial partnership with Service My Car. Service My Car are a rising star in their field and we are thrilled and thankful to be working with them as they embark on their journey here in the UK.

“As custodians of our football club, Sharon Brittan and the whole Board were keen to secure a principal partnership with not only an ambitious and exciting company but one that also believes in Bolton Wanderers, and is invested in the journey the club is on.

"With their roots in the town and with their own plans for growth in the future, the synergy between our organisations is unmistakable. I would like to thank and congratulate Chief Commercial Officer Mike Pink and his team for securing this fantastic deal and also extend my gratitude to the Board for their unwavering support in recent months. We look forward to seeing how this relationship will evolve and to working closely with Service My Car throughout the 2022/23 season.”

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Re: New sponsor

Post by truewhite15 » Mon Jun 20, 2022 4:45 pm

Some very interesting words used there. "Major" deal, "substantial" partnership. I think there's a fair bit of cash behind this.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Jun 20, 2022 4:56 pm

D'ya think they might service mine (or indeed anyone else's) on the car park whilst we're at the match? :?
May the bridges I burn light your way

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Jun 20, 2022 4:57 pm

Service my…..ahem….

Yeah don’t care. I can already predict meltdowns cos it’s an uncool sponsor nobody has ever heard of.

I doubt it’s massive bucks either having seen these sorts of deals in the lower reaches of the game, but must be better than what home bargains were paying.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Jun 20, 2022 4:59 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Mon Jun 20, 2022 4:56 pm
D'ya think they might service mine (or indeed anyone else's) on the car park whilst we're at the match? :?
I don’t get how a service like this works. Everyone I know, is either tied into dealer servicing through finance or leasing OR goes to the cheapest backstreet garage they can find or doesn’t bother at all. Are these guys cheaper than the backstreets? Guess they must be…but still…

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Mon Jun 20, 2022 5:15 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Jun 20, 2022 4:59 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
I don’t get how a service like this works. Everyone I know, is either tied into dealer servicing through finance or leasing OR goes to the cheapest backstreet garage they can find or doesn’t bother at all. Are these guys cheaper than the backstreets? Guess they must be…but still…
I suspect people of a certain age who think the price is okay which means they don't have to bother asking garages will no doubt use this service. Everything is going down this route.

An Omani billionaire invested $10 million in the company last year so it might have legs.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Jun 20, 2022 5:18 pm

The bit that caught my eye is "one-year deal". Options open.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Mon Jun 20, 2022 5:21 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Mon Jun 20, 2022 5:18 pm
I have read that the stadium naming rights end in one year so putting 2 and 2 together and getting 5 might lead to a combined deal of sorts next season.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Jun 20, 2022 5:27 pm

DJBlu wrote:
Mon Jun 20, 2022 5:21 pm
I have read that the stadium naming rights end in one year so putting 2 and 2 together and getting 5 might lead to a combined deal of sorts next season.
Certainly good to have the option. And even if not, let's see where we are next season. Champo overheads (Champoverheads?) are way above L1 ones, so it would be good, in the happy event of promotion, not to be tied in to an ageing deal.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Jun 20, 2022 5:35 pm

DJBlu wrote:
Mon Jun 20, 2022 5:15 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
I suspect people of a certain age who think the price is okay which means they don't have to bother asking garages will no doubt use this service. Everything is going down this route.

An Omani billionaire invested $10 million in the company last year so it might have legs.
What you are saying is ‘people younger than you’. Yeah I get it. Not moving with the times am I?

I guess I can see the attraction it’s just I also think many young people are tied into official servicing too. But guess there must be something in it for that level of investment.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Mon Jun 20, 2022 5:42 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Jun 20, 2022 5:35 pm
DJBlu wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:

What you are saying is ‘people younger than you’. Yeah I get it. Not moving with the times am I?

I guess I can see the attraction it’s just I also think many young people are tied into official servicing too. But guess there must be something in it for that level of investment.
I wouldn't insinuate anything like that. Just an observation that the younger generation are more inclined to use a service like this. The art of networking and obtaining quotes is a dying art. I don't think I'd personally use it, like you say I'll ring around locally and get the best price.

I can't get too wound up about it as they are probably keeping Santos at the club.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Jun 20, 2022 5:44 pm

DJBlu wrote:
Mon Jun 20, 2022 5:42 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Jun 20, 2022 5:35 pm
DJBlu wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:

I wouldn't insinuate anything like that. Just an observation that the younger generation are more inclined to use a service like this. The art of networking and obtaining quotes is a dying art. I don't think I'd personally use it, like you say I'll ring around locally and get the best price.

I can't get too wound up about it as they are probably keeping Santos at the club.
Yeah was just having a laugh. I know I’m a bit out of touch with some of these things. Though I’m no tech dinosaur. I guess I can see why it takes the hassle out of it.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Mon Jun 20, 2022 6:11 pm

It's exactly the sort of service that would thrive in places like Dubai. Most things are geared to allowing folk with the cash to pay to avoid lifting a finger. I always used the VIP services for visa medicals, annual car check etc as it saved a lot of time and hassle, for a relatively small amount of money. I can only assume they'll form dealership partnerships out in places like Dubai as most expats you'd target this with will be driving relatively new cars or leasing.

Be interesting to see how it goes.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Jun 20, 2022 7:03 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Not sure. My comment's a bit tongue in cheek as, like you say, my car's on contract lease so has to go to a main dealership who then bill Lex directly.
However, I have had bodywork, including spray painting, carried out on the company car park which was sorted out by the insurance company, so I guess that this is some kind of extension of that.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Jun 20, 2022 9:59 pm

Been thinking about this. Now, not being in anyway mechanically minded, I don't know whether electric cars require much servicing if any, but that's where we're headed. With that in mind, it's possible that their entire business model isn't particular long term anyway.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Jun 20, 2022 10:26 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Mon Jun 20, 2022 9:59 pm
Been thinking about this. Now, not being in anyway mechanically minded, I don't know whether electric cars require much servicing if any, but that's where we're headed. With that in mind, it's possible that their entire business model isn't particular long term anyway.
They need servicing but there is so I’m told much less to do. And most of their servicing might be applying software updates which might be…locked to main dealers so yeah it might not be as good a long term plan thinking of it that way.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Jun 20, 2022 10:46 pm

Me, I just cracked up laughing. University of Bolton Stadium and "Service my Car" just says all there is to say about Millennium football. Wonder what Nat would have said? "Sole my clogs".. :lol:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Jul 14, 2022 1:02 pm

Away kit. Pleasant.
away 2.jpg
away 2.jpg (23.05 KiB) Viewed 722 times
https://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/2022/july/w ... -away-kit/

nicholaldo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by nicholaldo » Thu Jul 14, 2022 2:26 pm

It does look very nice.

Although I don't buy football shirts any more, I've just noticed it costs fifty of the Queen's English pounds. That's a bit steep.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Jul 14, 2022 2:48 pm

nicholaldo wrote:
Thu Jul 14, 2022 2:26 pm
It does look very nice.

Although I don't buy football shirts any more, I've just noticed it costs fifty of the Queen's English pounds. That's a bit steep.
A most generous offer from Her Majesty to buy it for you...