Wycombe to bury you, not praise you. Wycombe (h) Sat 6 Aug @3pm.

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Wycombe to bury you, not praise you. Wycombe (h) Sat 6 Aug @3pm.

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Aug 06, 2022 5:15 pm

We have more points from any combination of Wycombe and Ipswich than last year and a better GD. Improvement! Boys' done good.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sat Aug 06, 2022 5:46 pm

Great performances all over the park today but Afolayan was unplayable today, it was an absolute privilege to watch him. They're a decent side who'll take points off lots of lesser sides.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

knobpolisher
Reliable
Reliable

Post by knobpolisher » Sat Aug 06, 2022 5:49 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Sat Aug 06, 2022 5:15 pm
We have more points from any combination of Wycombe and Ipswich than last year and a better GD. Improvement! Boys' done good.
Maybe I misunderstood but we beat Ipswich 2 - 5 and 2 - 0 .
People haven't got a good word for you, but i have T**T.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Aug 06, 2022 5:51 pm

knobpolisher wrote:
Sat Aug 06, 2022 5:49 pm
Worthy4England wrote:
Sat Aug 06, 2022 5:15 pm
Maybe I misunderstood but we beat Ipswich 2 - 5 and 2 - 0 .
That would be a combination of Ipswich and Ipswich! 😪

nicholaldo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by nicholaldo » Sat Aug 06, 2022 6:06 pm

There can't have been many finishes of the quality of Morley's at this level.

The_Gun
Passionate
Passionate

Post by The_Gun » Sat Aug 06, 2022 6:23 pm

Was unable to watch today, but what a result! Very encouraged by what I’ve read and can’t wait to watch the highlights.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sat Aug 06, 2022 6:28 pm

On for 92 goals from midfield. That should make Insane happy :D

Top performance that. Bit hairy at the back at times, but I don't think that's going anywhere.

Daps, Demps and Bradley all excellent.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Aug 06, 2022 6:30 pm

It was a superb performance today and excellent result.

Going forwards we were electric. And we won the ball back and then moved it quickly.

It wasn’t perfect but it would be churlish to pick out those areas we struggled after today.

Dapo man of the match he was completely unplayable today. Like his game against Sunderland up front. It’s a great role for him. Baka and Dempsey very very close runners up for that award too.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Aug 06, 2022 6:34 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Sat Aug 06, 2022 4:05 pm
He defo gave it against MJ. Who was being wrestled for the full minute before the corner and then after. fecking ridiculous, and par for the course.
Are you sure? The ref had already had a word with Williams and their lad - but the problem appeared to be their lad kept grabbing hold of Williams.

It looked very much to me like the ref disallowed the 'goal' for some non-existent foul on their goalie, who clearly tripped over his own player's foot.

The ref today was incredibly weak. They'd have had to have actually shot both Afolayan and Bakayoko in their heads before he'd have awarded either of them a free-kick.

Oh, and by the way, is it me or has Afolayan been in the weights room during the summer?
May the bridges I burn light your way

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Aug 06, 2022 6:45 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Sat Aug 06, 2022 6:34 pm
Prufrock wrote:
He defo gave it against MJ. Who was being wrestled for the full minute before the corner and then after. fecking ridiculous, and par for the course.
Are you sure? The ref had already had a word with Williams and their lad - but the problem appeared to be their lad kept grabbing hold of Williams.

It looked very much to me like the ref disallowed the 'goal' for some non-existent foul on their goalie, who clearly tripped over his own player's foot.

The ref today was incredibly weak. They'd have had to have actually shot both Afolayan and Bakayoko in their heads before he'd have awarded either of them a free-kick.

Oh, and by the way, is it me or has Afolayan been in the weights room during the summer?
There are a few of them who have bulked up to my eyes. Johnston, Morley, Thomason all noticeably. And Dapo as you say.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sat Aug 06, 2022 6:48 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Prufrock wrote:
I think a few of them have.

What impressed me today was they weren't bullied. MJ was on a mission. Dempsey got stuck in as did Morley. Irdale was the right call today too. Solid.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Aug 06, 2022 6:50 pm

DJBlu wrote:
Sat Aug 06, 2022 6:48 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Prufrock wrote:

What impressed me today was they weren't bullied. MJ was on a mission. Dempsey got stuck in as did Morley. Irdale was the right call today too. Solid.
We bullied them. Which was nice. Midfield was the most effective I can remember.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sat Aug 06, 2022 7:44 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Prufrock wrote:

99%, MJ sprinted back past him complaining while getting back into position and the ref's finger followed him. Then someone else complained and he turned and pointed at MJ.

MJ's arm did end up around their guys neck, but only because he was being wrestled constantly. Think that's what he gave it for. Fecking useless, all of them.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Aug 06, 2022 7:55 pm

Today was always gonna go one of two ways - same old shit or we’re gonna win the league.

Deffo the latter 😃

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Sat Aug 06, 2022 7:56 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Sat Aug 06, 2022 7:44 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Prufrock wrote:

99%, MJ sprinted back past him complaining while getting back into position and the ref's finger followed him. Then someone else complained and he turned and pointed at MJ.

MJ's arm did end up around their guys neck, but only because he was being wrestled constantly. Think that's what he gave it for. Fecking useless, all of them.
I think thats what happened with the referee decision too. Looks premeditated as MJ is trying to get away from the player. As for a raised arm it's a high arm but didn't think it was around his neck. There's nothing in it for the vast majority of viewers to think that it's a foul so it's just another baffling case of referee decisions.

Still we win despite suspect refereeing yet again. Hopefully we'll get a call like that in our favour soon.

Frank Drebin
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Frank Drebin » Sat Aug 06, 2022 8:24 pm

DJBlu wrote:
Sat Aug 06, 2022 6:48 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Prufrock wrote:

Agree entirely with this, I was worried we still had a soft centre, the lads disproved that today, very encouraging performance.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Aug 06, 2022 8:25 pm

Evatt has definitely toned down the over confidence judging by his post match. He’s a smart guy and I’m sure has realised he didn’t help as at points last season with saying silly things.

Underplay it keep everyone focussed.

sonicthewhite
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by sonicthewhite » Sat Aug 06, 2022 9:24 pm

All three goals were excellent team goals. You can tell the work has gone in on the training ground.
Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!

And the key to a result is a good :kettle:

The_Gun
Passionate
Passionate

Post by The_Gun » Sat Aug 06, 2022 10:54 pm

Great Bolton goals, fecking awful ITV highlights show. Jobi Mcanuff had about 10 seconds to talk about us and claimed that Dempsey had started both games for us this season and is a ‘good prospect’.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sun Aug 07, 2022 1:02 am

Attendance 17,417 (416).