‘sal ford a reason: Salford (H, Lge Cup) Tue 9 [email protected]

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Predicted result

Poll ended at Wed Aug 10, 2022 2:29 pm

Bolton by 3+
23%
Bolton by 2
23%
Bolton by 1
31%
Bolton on pengies
No votes
Salford on pengies
No votes
Salford by 1
23%
Salford by 2
No votes
Salford by 3+
No votes

Total votes: 13

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Re: ‘sal ford a reason: Salford (H, Lge Cup) Tue 9 [email protected]

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:28 am

I thought the B team had a game this week?

The_Gun
Passionate
Passionate

Post by The_Gun » Tue Aug 09, 2022 12:03 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:28 am
Evatt said they don't. Seems pretty poor if we've not been able to organise a game a week for them.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Aug 09, 2022 12:10 pm

The_Gun wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 12:03 pm
Worthy4England wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:28 am
Evatt said they don't. Seems pretty poor if we've not been able to organise a game a week for them.
Much as we might try, I wouldn't expect a game every week from August to June. Especially in cup weeks when some of their number might be elevated upwards. We also have to consider that other teams they might play could have their own games.

Reserves, Bs, U23s etc rarely have a calendar that full. I would expect more games than we've been used to, but still maybe one a fortnight. That'd be 20-odd games in this elongated season.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Wed Aug 10, 2022 7:23 am

Not sure what happened to the site last night, I gave up after several unsuccessful attempts.

Anyhow, another impressive performance. Even first half, they tried to exploit our high defensive line and only an outstanding save from Dixon off a header meant we finished the half in front. Some great football for the 2nd goal.

Iredale's introduction helped us utterly dominate the 2nd half. 3 great goals followed and it could have been more. Sending off looked harsh, particularly after the ref decided twice against giving their full back 2nd yellows. Nice to see the 2 B team lads get on, late on too.

MotM - Kachunga. A high energy performance
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Aug 10, 2022 7:28 am

Thanks HG. 5-1 is acceptable.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Aug 10, 2022 7:59 am

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 7:23 am
Not sure what happened to the site last night, I gave up after several unsuccessful attempts.

Anyhow, another impressive performance. Even first half, they tried to exploit our high defensive line and only an outstanding save from Dixon off a header meant we finished the half in front. Some great football for the 2nd goal.

Iredale's introduction helped us utterly dominate the 2nd half. 3 great goals followed and it could have been more. Sending off looked harsh, particularly after the ref decided twice against giving their full back 2nd yellows. Nice to see the 2 B team lads get on, late on too.

MotM - Kachunga. A high energy performance
Yep this.

Not a big fan but Kachunga looked a different player last night and definitely seemed to enjoy being up top.

The only negative or concern last night is what on earth is up with John? He looked like he didn’t want to be here. Either an injury or something else going on. But he was absolutely dreadful.

For me it brings into sharp focus that we need more wing back cover as an absolute essential. And someone else who can do MJs role. Unless the young lad is who Evatt views as cover.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:22 am

Only seen clips but sounds like we're really on form at the moment. Great to see Bradley fly out of the blocks as well. Fair play to Kachunga, hope he can replicate it in tougher league games. Seems able to do it against weaker opposition. Every credit for last night but won't be convinced until we see that step up.
Never a red card at the end. Harshly done by there.

knobpolisher
Reliable
Reliable

Post by knobpolisher » Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:25 am

Highlights are up on the official bwfc website, a very good 10 mins viewing.
Re John , watch his reaction or lack of to our first goal at about 3 mins clearly not 100% as confirmed by IE in his interview post match.
Yet again some fantastic flowing football.
People haven't got a good word for you, but i have T**T.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:30 am

Evatt has said John was ill hence why he was withdrawn at half time. Wouldn’t read anymore into it. It’s good we have what looks like a capable alternate now to replace him, and we don’t have to bring in Liam Gordon.

Some of the goals look fantastic on the highlights - Sadlier (apparent deflection?) and Bradley especially. Genuinely believe Sads will score or set one up every game he plays…crazy he’s not in the first XI (as in it’s crazy how many options we have keeping him out).

Long way to go yet but there’s more than the bones of a very good squad here now.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:42 am

“Declan was just feeling unwell,” Evatt said. “A bit of stomach cramps and slight dizziness, so we’ll see. He might have a virus or something, but no real injury to speak of. Just illness.”

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/2 ... -red-card/

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:57 am

Thanks I hadn’t seen any post match stuff but illness makes sense. And is certainly preferable to injury or him just wanting away. So ‘good news’.

The_Gun
Passionate
Passionate

Post by The_Gun » Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:05 am

Even more annoyed I couldn't watch it now, but tremendous result and sounds like a great performance.

The second round is not regionalised, right? Quite a few Championship and League One teams went out last night, so I'm hoping we draw a League Two side at home tonight, then maybe a big Prem team away in round three.

As an aside, I'm slightly worried that Liverpool might look to recall Bradley in Jan. He's clearly having a good time and he's going to start most games for us, but he also looks well capable of playing in the Championship already, so I hope they don't pull a 'Kioso' on us.

knobpolisher
Reliable
Reliable

Post by knobpolisher » Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:14 am

Bradley has certainly impressed and he is good enough at this level with great potential- is he ready for premiership football I very much doubt it.
It was my understanding that such loans don't necessarily have a recall clause so its a mute point.
People haven't got a good word for you, but i have T**T.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:19 am

The_Gun wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:05 am
Even more annoyed I couldn't watch it now, but tremendous result and sounds like a great performance.

The second round is not regionalised, right? Quite a few Championship and League One teams went out last night, so I'm hoping we draw a League Two side at home tonight, then maybe a big Prem team away in round three.

As an aside, I'm slightly worried that Liverpool might look to recall Bradley in Jan. He's clearly having a good time and he's going to start most games for us, but he also looks well capable of playing in the Championship already, so I hope they don't pull a 'Kioso' on us.
Second round is regionalised.

Liverpool have sent him here because they see us as well placed to help his development. He won’t be playing for Liverpool so I think there is little to worry about there.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:20 am

officer_dibble wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:30 am
Evatt has said John was ill hence why he was withdrawn at half time. Wouldn’t read anymore into it. It’s good we have what looks like a capable alternate now to replace him, and we don’t have to bring in Liam Gordon.
God loves a trier.

The goals were brilliant. The gulf in class when we got going was excellent to see and shows how we've progressed.

To think we had a team with 4 professionals of which one captained the opposition is cause for tentative optimism.

The_Gun
Passionate
Passionate

Post by The_Gun » Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:21 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:19 am
The_Gun wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:05 am

Second round is regionalised.

Liverpool have sent him here because they see us as well placed to help his development. He won’t be playing for Liverpool so I think there is little to worry about there.
He wouldn't be starting for Liverpool, but there's a chance he could be Trent's primary back-up. I was thinking more they might think of sending him to a Championship side for the second half of the season.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:21 am

I think the gun is worried about Liverpool loaning bradley to someone like Preston in Jan to get him a higher level of opposition. It is what it is - I want him to play as well as he can for us whilst he is here. He isn’t our player and there’s not much we can do about it. He looks like he will play premier league football in future on the basis of 2 and a quarter matches. Hopefully we can keep him this season!

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:25 am

Not convinced that Thomason red will be overturned now I have seen it. I don’t think it’s a red and the Salford player got him sent off - but he’s got his studs up and follows through on the tackle (albeit the player had jumped and yelped by that point). I don’t think it’s an obvious one to overturn.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:56 am

officer_dibble wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:30 am

Some of the goals look fantastic on the highlights - Sadlier (apparent deflection?) and Bradley especially. Genuinely believe Sads will score or set one up every game he plays…crazy he’s not in the first XI (as in it’s crazy how many options we have keeping him out).
Just a note of caution on Sadlier. He's definitely a gifted footballer but I can see a similar scenario to his time at Rotherham playing out.
We know he doesn't like the WB position and a few times in the first half last night he left Jones exposed by not tracking back. His crosses and distribution were lacking too.

He's a great attacking player and probably pleading for a place in midfield or up front but currently I'm not sure Evatt sees him as anything other than cover for Bradley or as an impact sub.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Wed Aug 10, 2022 10:07 am

Completely agree HG.
Lad just gets you goals. Reminds me a bit of Nolan or Stelios in the good old days - overall contribution questionable but they didn’t half pitch in with some important goals.

He isn’t a wingback, I’d like to see him on the wing or in a role behind the strikers but we don’t play with wingers at the moment and he’s in a hell of a queue to form part of that front 3.

Good problem to have but I’d like to keep him happy as he’s the type who will get us a goal when nobody is looking likely.