No More of the usual, please - Morecambe (H) Tue 16 Aug @7.45pm

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Result prediction

Poll ended at Wed Aug 17, 2022 2:50 pm

Bolton by 3+
21%
Bolton by 2
36%
Bolton by 1
29%
Draw
7%
Morecambe by 1
7%
Morecambe by 2
No votes
Morecambe by 3+
No votes

Total votes: 14

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Re: No More of the usual, please - Morecambe (H) Tue 16 Aug @7.45pm

Post by boltonboris » Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:51 am

Morecambe played better than I thought they would. Created 1 chance that was worthy of note, but repelled us pretty well and stayed in the game.

The way they set up, was the blue print to take points off us at home last season, but we won. Encouraging!
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:29 am

boltonboris wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:51 am
Morecambe played better than I thought they would. Created 1 chance that was worthy of note, but repelled us pretty well and stayed in the game.

The way they set up, was the blue print to take points off us at home last season, but we won. Encouraging!
Personally, I'm thinking a lot of teams raise their games V Bolton Wanderers,B.B (a) because beating us is sure to be good for bragging rights, and (b) because, like it or not, we have faults and we are beatable. Realistically, level wise, we're no different than at least half the clubs in this league and have to raise our own game to get results. That said, we're certainly an improved side/squad, and our potential is there if we exploit it. Game at a time is the best way of thinking and let the whole be the sum of the parts (as the saying goes) when the time comes.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Thu Aug 18, 2022 8:25 pm

We are much improved TD, and that's what I keep telling myself to cast off the anxious thoughts of playing a big team in front of a big crowd, which hasn't been a recent strength. It seems more than just an early season game for that reason.
Very much looking forward to my first game of the season though, now I've got my pesky wedding and honeymoon out of the way. 😁

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Aug 18, 2022 8:49 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 8:25 pm
Very much looking forward to my first game of the season though, now I've got my pesky wedding and honeymoon out of the way. 😁
Congrats mate. Did you twig about the "rule change" - you're scheduled to mow the lawn at 15:00 Saturday....

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:09 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 8:49 pm
LeverEnd wrote:
Congrats mate. Did you twig about the "rule change" - you're scheduled to mow the lawn at 15:00 Saturday....

Congratulations, LE. I told you the chloroform would work :D
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Aug 19, 2022 8:54 am

LeverEnd wrote:
Congratulations! Wise to get married during the season, too - now you can look up the date of the relevant game if ever you forget the anniversary. (I’ve done it many times…)

sonicthewhite
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by sonicthewhite » Fri Aug 19, 2022 9:10 am

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 8:54 am
LeverEnd wrote:
Congratulations! Wise to get married during the season, too - now you can look up the date of the relevant game if ever you forget the anniversary. (I’ve done it many times…)
It worked for me. 14th Sept 96 we won 2-0 at home against Pompey, I even mentioned it in my wedding speech where there were many "yes's" and murmurs of "get in". I'll never forget the look on the wifes face :shock:
Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!

And the key to a result is a good :kettle:

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Aug 19, 2022 10:32 am

sonicthewhite wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 9:10 am
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 8:54 am
LeverEnd wrote:
It worked for me. 14th Sept 96 we won 2-0 at home against Pompey, I even mentioned it in my wedding speech where there were many "yes's" and murmurs of "get in". I'll never forget the look on the wifes face :shock:
14th September is my birthday Sonic. When my son got wed I paid kids 50p a time for reports on Bolton v Tottenham updates during the reception meal.. Kev Davies score the winner with a header. Everybody wondered why I was suddenly so popular with the kids. :lol:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Fri Aug 19, 2022 6:28 pm

Thanks everyone. Fanzone tomorrow if anyone fancies a beer to celebrate with me 😁