Time to Steel 3 points but it won't be on a Weds - Sheff Weds (H) Sat 20th Aug @3.00pm

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

DJBlu
Site Admin

Re: Time to Steel 3 points but it won't be on a Weds - Sheff Weds (H) Sat 20th Aug @3.00pm

Post by DJBlu » Sat Aug 20, 2022 3:44 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sat Aug 20, 2022 3:43 pm
New song. Santos is lazy everywhere he goes. Everywhere he goes.
You need help. That or twitter.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Time to Steel 3 points but it won't be on a Weds - Sheff Weds (H) Sat 20th Aug @3.00pm

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Aug 20, 2022 3:47 pm

DJBlu wrote:
Sat Aug 20, 2022 3:44 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Cost us two at Port Vale with absolute stupidity. Cost us again today with sheer laziness. No urgency. No desire just languid lazy wait for the mistake.

He’s massively overrated. Massively. And I’ve said we shouldn’t pick him today and guess what. Another one I read right. He’s not what Evatt thinks.

HMX
Passionate
Passionate

Post by HMX » Sat Aug 20, 2022 3:48 pm

I know feck all about tactics but I saw the Wednesday midfield overrunning us, being everywhere, really mobile and making us look disjointed and distant in comparison. I don’t know how you change the second half…

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sat Aug 20, 2022 3:51 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sat Aug 20, 2022 3:47 pm
DJBlu wrote:
Sat Aug 20, 2022 3:44 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Cost us two at Port Vale with absolute stupidity. Cost us again today with sheer laziness. No urgency. No desire just languid lazy wait for the mistake.

He’s massively overrated. Massively. And I’ve said we shouldn’t pick him today and guess what. Another one I read right. He’s not what Evatt thinks.
What do you want? A Blue Peter badge.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Aug 20, 2022 3:51 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
And I’ve said we shouldn’t pick him today and guess what. Another one I read right.
Like sacking Evatt in autumn 2020?

Like there being no goals in the team without Doyle?

Like Dempsey being a duff signing?

Like there being no point loaning youngsters we can't keep?

Like Morley not being good enough for this division?

Like Bradley being no match for Fossey?

Seems to me you almost always predict doom. So when you're right (or think you are) it's because things have gone tits-up. What a curious crevice to live in.

Nobody is happy about that goal. Only you want to sell the captain. And don't tell me "everyone around me says the same" because they may just be the voices in your head.

I've never known anybody revel in disaster like you do.
Last edited by Dave Sutton's barnet on Sat Aug 20, 2022 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Aug 20, 2022 3:51 pm

HMX wrote:
Sat Aug 20, 2022 3:48 pm
I know feck all about tactics but I saw the Wednesday midfield overrunning us, being everywhere, really mobile and making us look disjointed and distant in comparison. I don’t know how you change the second half…
This as well. Our midfield are short of what you need in a promotion team. Is Dempsey even playing? Morley is too static off the ball and MJ overrun. I will keep saying it we won’t get promoted unless we recruit in that area.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sat Aug 20, 2022 3:54 pm

I thought we were fine until Santos f*ck up. Close, but if course it was. If Bradley had kept his head we'd be 1-0 and them whining about their lazy languid defending.

What a horror-show. Iredale defo switched off for the second but at least that was just your common-or-Gordon league one pish.

Long way back from here.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Aug 20, 2022 3:56 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Sat Aug 20, 2022 3:54 pm
Iredale defo switched off for the second but at least that was just your common-or-Gordon league one pish.
If this is purposeful, it's award-winning :D
Last edited by Dave Sutton's barnet on Sat Aug 20, 2022 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Aug 20, 2022 3:56 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Sat Aug 20, 2022 3:51 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
And I’ve said we shouldn’t pick him today and guess what. Another one I read right.

Seems to me you almost always predict doom. So when you're right (or think you are) it's because things have gone tits-up. What a curious crevice to live in.

Nobody is happy about that goal. Only you want to sell the captain. And don't tell me "everyone around me says the same" because they may just be the voices in your head.

No goals without Doyle wasn’t wrong until we signed half a dozen.

Dempsey….not exactly dominating our midfield.

I also think you are putting a lot of things I’ve never suggested in that list too.

I think there are things that are glaringly obvious if you take the rose tints off.

We need another midfield player to dominate games. Better than we have.

We need an outlet other than Bradley which means probably in this system a LWB who can do more than 2022 John and converted LB Iredale.

And Santos isn’t consistent enough or focussed enough to be your main CB in a team with serious thoughts about promotion.

I can’t change those views because I’ve held them well before this season started and I’m not seeing anything to convince me otherwise.

If we waste the best group of strikers the division have because we aren’t solid enough or strong enough in behind it will be a crying shame. But that’s what it looks like. And forget today. There are these question marks about all our games so far. Wycombe aside each performance has shown aspects of these things problematic.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Aug 20, 2022 3:57 pm

Aye, alright.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Aug 20, 2022 4:00 pm

Sat Aug 20, 2022 3:57 pm
Aye, alright.
I honestly think we should go up. And those are the things that are obviously holding us back. I’m not thinking this is doom and gloom more that now we are seeing how obvious it is we have time to go and fix it. Or at least some. I suspect midfield is easiest one to fix. We have Toal and Aimson at back.

But LWB might be too hard to find a genuine outlet with quality there.

So I think we are one midfield player short of a real genuine shot. That’s not negativity.

It’s frustration that we are so close.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Aug 20, 2022 4:01 pm

Think I'll stick with COME ON YOU WHITES...usually does the trick... :oyea:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sat Aug 20, 2022 4:02 pm

Sat Aug 20, 2022 3:56 pm
Prufrock wrote:
Sat Aug 20, 2022 3:54 pm
Iredale defo switched off for the second but at least that was just your common-or-Gordon league one pish.
If this is purposeful, it's award-winning :D
I can't believe you ever doubted me!

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Aug 20, 2022 4:03 pm

Interesting stat that also backs up what you can see this season. Our passing accuracy in final third is 58% today whereas Wednesday are 69%.

I do think that end of quality has been an issue especially against Morecambe.

irie Cee Bee
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by irie Cee Bee » Sat Aug 20, 2022 4:04 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
HMX wrote:
Sat Aug 20, 2022 3:48 pm
This as well. Our midfield are short of what you need in a promotion team. Is Dempsey even playing? Morley is too static off the ball and MJ overrun. I will keep saying it we won’t get promoted unless we recruit in that area.
This I agree with and have said so before. We are a quality midfielder away from promotion.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Aug 20, 2022 4:05 pm

Let Charles see how much we've missed him, then hit em with Bod...
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sat Aug 20, 2022 4:07 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sat Aug 20, 2022 3:56 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:

No goals without Doyle wasn’t wrong until we signed half a dozen.

Dempsey….not exactly dominating our midfield.

I also think you are putting a lot of things I’ve never suggested in that list too.

I think there are things that are glaringly obvious if you take the rose tints off.

We need another midfield player to dominate games. Better than we have.

We need an outlet other than Bradley which means probably in this system a LWB who can do more than 2022 John and converted LB Iredale.

And Santos isn’t consistent enough or focussed enough to be your main CB in a team with serious thoughts about promotion.

I can’t change those views because I’ve held them well before this season started and I’m not seeing anything to convince me otherwise.

If we waste the best group of strikers the division have because we aren’t solid enough or strong enough in behind it will be a crying shame. But that’s what it looks like. And forget today. There are these question marks about all our games so far. Wycombe aside each performance has shown aspects of these things problematic.
I like the forwards but they haven't scored a league goal between them yet. Today would be a good day to change that.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Aug 20, 2022 4:07 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sat Aug 20, 2022 4:03 pm
Interesting stat that also backs up what you can see this season. Our passing accuracy in final third is 58% today whereas Wednesday are 69%.

That’s what happens when you go longer

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Aug 20, 2022 4:08 pm

This game feels like Rotherham last season.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Aug 20, 2022 4:09 pm

Sat Aug 20, 2022 4:07 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sat Aug 20, 2022 4:03 pm

That’s what happens when you go longer
In the final third you’ve already gone long. If that’s what’s happened.