Time to Steel 3 points but it won't be on a Weds - Sheff Weds (H) Sat 20th Aug @3.00pm

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Time to Steel 3 points but it won't be on a Weds - Sheff Weds (H) Sat 20th Aug @3.00pm

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Aug 20, 2022 4:42 pm

DJBlu wrote:
Sat Aug 20, 2022 4:39 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sat Aug 20, 2022 4:34 pm
Santos - how can anyone defend him? And if you are running a squad why would you leave out Aimson who has played two perfect games done virtually nothing wrong. It doesn’t make sense. Dapo and Bod are both obviously superb footballers. Neither are undroppable. From a squad point of view this was a very poor decision from Evatt. Hope he holds his hands up and admits it.

If I were Aimson I’d be gutted.
We get it. You don't like Santos. Give it a rest ffs.
How has he played today? Was dropping Aimson the right call?

HMX
Passionate
Passionate

Re: Time to Steel 3 points but it won't be on a Weds - Sheff Weds (H) Sat 20th Aug @3.00pm

Post by HMX » Sat Aug 20, 2022 4:48 pm

Sheff Weds player dives and throws the ball away, keeper takes an age to take the free kick. No yellow card anywhere. It’s just broken.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sat Aug 20, 2022 4:49 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sat Aug 20, 2022 4:42 pm
DJBlu wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Santos - how can anyone defend him? And if you are running a squad why would you leave out Aimson who has played two perfect games done virtually nothing wrong. It doesn’t make sense. Dapo and Bod are both obviously superb footballers. Neither are undroppable. From a squad point of view this was a very poor decision from Evatt. Hope he holds his hands up and admits it.

As good as the other 10. Not putting their names in here or creating 6 or seven posts about them are you?

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Aug 20, 2022 4:49 pm

Is this the bit where MJ scores?

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sat Aug 20, 2022 4:50 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Sat Aug 20, 2022 4:49 pm
A shot on target hopefully.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Aug 20, 2022 4:53 pm

DJBlu wrote:
Sat Aug 20, 2022 4:50 pm
A shot on target hopefully.
Rare today. Wednesday have kept us at arm’s length without too much door-knocking.

Evatt said the first goal was vital. He didn’t add anything about gifting a second immediately thereafter.

HMX
Passionate
Passionate

Post by HMX » Sat Aug 20, 2022 4:54 pm

Bad day. Real lack of quality. Plenty of individual errors. Wednesday looked better all around. Oh well, I’ll be at Plymouth.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Aug 20, 2022 4:54 pm

FT. Not good enough. Perhaps not worthy of a fit of the vapours, but not good enough.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Aug 20, 2022 4:56 pm

DJBlu wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
DJBlu wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

As good as the other 10. Not putting their names in here or creating 6 or seven posts about them are you?
As good as the other ten. That’s honestly hilarious. He was stand out poor. There are issues in the team elsewhere but not because they are full of errors and sloppiness.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Aug 20, 2022 5:04 pm

Sat Aug 20, 2022 4:54 pm
FT. Not good enough. Perhaps not worthy of a fit of the vapours, but not good enough.
Couldn't make it today and haven't seen it. Thought it'd be a useful test, sounds like we have some way to go...

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sat Aug 20, 2022 5:05 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sat Aug 20, 2022 4:56 pm
DJBlu wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
DJBlu wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

As good as the other ten. That’s honestly hilarious. He was stand out poor. There are issues in the team elsewhere but not because they are full of errors and sloppiness.
There are issues in the team elsewhere ..... but they're not Santos so I will not talk about it. Thanks for clearing it up.

irie Cee Bee
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by irie Cee Bee » Sat Aug 20, 2022 5:09 pm

One word. Outclassed. Look at how Barry Bannan played in midfield, We have no such player. Just look at his role in their first goal when Santos messed up. He exuded quality to set it up. He pulled the string throughout the game and every Sheffield player was up to it. Their new signing from up the league (Cardiff) McGuinness was thrown right in by Moore and immediately plugged their weakness defensively on the left side. Thats what you get with quality. We need a couple signings from above to really make us promotion candidates.

Today we saw the benchmark standard required to be competing at the top of the league. There is a gap we need to close. No excuses. Our players were simply outclassed at home.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Aug 20, 2022 5:18 pm

DJBlu wrote:
Sat Aug 20, 2022 5:05 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sat Aug 20, 2022 4:56 pm
DJBlu wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
DJBlu wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

There are issues in the team elsewhere ..... but they're not Santos so I will not talk about it. Thanks for clearing it up.
I’ve talked extensively about the other issues. I don’t think today we played well. But when your captain who cost you two points with rank unprofessionalism in the last game makes those sorts of errors having been recalled after two superb defensive performances you don’t think it’s an issue? C’mon. You just wanted me to be wrong and believe it or not so did I. But the writing was on the wall.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sat Aug 20, 2022 5:20 pm

Sat Aug 20, 2022 4:08 pm
This game feels like Rotherham last season.
Exactly what I said at half time.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Aug 20, 2022 5:22 pm

Disappointed as ever when we lose, but that's football. I thought Bod might have started and Charles the sub, but hey-ho, can't win em all. Two Ibuprofen and on with Villa. :wink:

Hey, Insaney, Captain is a job, not a personal skill level. ae:)
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sat Aug 20, 2022 5:23 pm

Big crowd, tough opposition, and crumble. Same old from last season. Flat track bullies.
Teams that give gifts then let heads drop don't go up.
That was poor and Santos has to be dropped. He feck* up, gets suspended, replacement does well in a win. Gets his place back guaranteed and feck* up again. I can't see any case for him starting the next game. It'd be an insult to Aimson and no player should be undroppable.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sat Aug 20, 2022 5:25 pm

Aye, I'd be dropping him too. Tough call but sends the right message.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

KeyserSoze
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeyserSoze » Sat Aug 20, 2022 5:30 pm

KeyserSoze wrote:
Sat Aug 20, 2022 2:20 pm
A nice write up for the know-nowters like me of Bolton's play from a schematic and tactical perspective for your pre kick-off perusal. https://totalfootballanalysis.com/team- ... is-tactics

Some nice words said. Feel free to blame me when we lose 2 nowt 👍
Sorry, friends.
Nero fiddles while Gordon Burns.

irie Cee Bee
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by irie Cee Bee » Sat Aug 20, 2022 5:34 pm

Yes indeed, Santos is a liability at the moment and would not surprise anyone to see him on he Bench. However, he is not the reason why we lost. We were inferior to a better team.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sat Aug 20, 2022 5:38 pm

Felt more like Wigan last year than Rotherham to me. We couldn't (& didn't) lay a glove on them. We looked overrun in midfield from the off and Bradley, Morley and Dempsey all having their worst games for us didn't help. Afolayan didn't lend a hand in there either.

Iorfa looked a class act for them as well as Bannan, who's still far too good for division 3.

Motm George Johnston
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"