Bolton v Cheltenham. Away.Postponed

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

sonicthewhite
Dedicated
Dedicated

Re: Bolton v Cheltenham. Away.Postponed

Post by sonicthewhite » Fri Sep 09, 2022 4:22 pm

Plus the military will be putting Operation Tower Bridge into action which will include drill practice and full dress rehearsal for the state funeral.
Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!

And the key to a result is a good :kettle:

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Sep 09, 2022 4:47 pm

sonicthewhite wrote:
Fri Sep 09, 2022 4:22 pm
Plus the military will be putting Operation Tower Bridge into action which will include drill practice and full dress rehearsal for the state funeral.
London Bridge, I believe... although apparently as she died in Scotland it was LB's Caledonian-specific sub-plan Operation Unicorn.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Sep 09, 2022 5:05 pm

King of England non-withstanding I find the meet and greet with the public rather strange the day after your mother died. Oh well, er Long live the King.We live in a strange world.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

sonicthewhite
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by sonicthewhite » Fri Sep 09, 2022 5:47 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Fri Sep 09, 2022 4:47 pm
sonicthewhite wrote:
London Bridge, I believe... although apparently as she died in Scotland it was LB's Caledonian-specific sub-plan Operation Unicorn.
Damned auto correct. Operation London Bridge.
Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!

And the key to a result is a good :kettle:

The_Gun
Passionate
Passionate

Post by The_Gun » Fri Sep 09, 2022 6:33 pm

sonicthewhite wrote:
What does that have to do with football?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Sep 09, 2022 6:49 pm

The_Gun wrote:
Fri Sep 09, 2022 6:33 pm
sonicthewhite wrote:
It means police resources are more stretched than normal this weekend so might be issues with policing matches should they be going ahead.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sun Sep 11, 2022 8:48 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri Sep 09, 2022 6:49 pm
The_Gun wrote:
sonicthewhite wrote:
It means police resources are more stretched than normal this weekend so might be issues with policing matches should they be going ahead.
Next weekend will be stretched as well. London games will be off I expect. Ours I'm not sure.
FA cancelled all grass roots games too. Fail to see how stopping kids playing sports, especially after COVID, does anything positive for anyone.

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Sun Sep 11, 2022 9:17 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
Sun Sep 11, 2022 8:48 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
The_Gun wrote:
sonicthewhite wrote:
Next weekend will be stretched as well. London games will be off I expect. Ours I'm not sure.
FA cancelled all grass roots games too. Fail to see how stopping kids playing sports, especially after COVID, does anything positive for anyone.

Indeed. The game is governed by a bunch of boring old farts looking for an Honour.
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Sun Sep 11, 2022 9:50 pm

TonyDomingos wrote:
Sun Sep 11, 2022 9:17 pm
LeverEnd wrote:
Sun Sep 11, 2022 8:48 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
The_Gun wrote:
sonicthewhite wrote:

Indeed. The game is governed by a bunch of boring old farts looking for an Honour.
Certainly seems that way. Really poor that the leagues would cancel grass roots football as a result of the Queen's passing. Thought it was quite absurd when the message came through on the coaches chat group.

Would've been a nice way for the age ranges to have a minutes silence.