Something strange is occurring on Saturday (a football match) - Bolton v Lincoln (15:00) H - 1 Oct 2022

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Something strange is occurring on Saturday (a football match) - Bolton v Lincoln (15:00) H - 1 Oct 2022

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Sep 29, 2022 12:17 pm

I'd forgotten football still existed. But we have a game on Saturday. Evatt's presser is out and we look to have a clean bill of health after the break (apart from Connor Bradley who's had a couple of lurgies)

I think we'll win this 2-1, but Lincoln have won twice as many away as at home, this season and sit mid-table. They've scored more goals than us, but conceded twice as many. They've won their last 2 in the league, with an impressive 3-6 vs Bristol and a 2-0 v Derby

They've also had a creditable draw v Pompey and a good win v Oxford (A)

They did get a bit of a gubbing v Peterborough (4-0) - but that could have been down to "clash of styles"...

Bring it.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Something strange is occurring on Saturday (a football match) - Bolton v Lincoln (15:00) H - 1 Oct 2022

Post by boltonboris » Thu Sep 29, 2022 12:33 pm

Tough game this and if we're not on it, won't be a good result

I'd like to think we WILL be on it though and will win 3-1
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Something strange is occurring on Saturday (a football match) - Bolton v Lincoln (15:00) H - 1 Oct 2022

Post by officer_dibble » Thu Sep 29, 2022 2:46 pm

Yep if we turn up half asleep we could be a couple of goals down by half an hour. Need to be on it. Has the potential to be high scoring…so with that I’ll guess 1-0!

Team wise I think Charles and Baka will be on the bench. JDB and Kachunga my prediction up top. Keiron Lee, Thomason, MJ. Left wing back is interesting…I’d like to see Dec John play if he’s fully fit but smart guess is Iredale keeping the shirt.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Sep 29, 2022 2:51 pm

It's October on Saturday. A premonition of winter. A month in which Evatt's Bolton have gone WLDLDDWL and WWLLLDL.

So we should win this one then start to worry about this year's 0-4 – after Orient and Wigan, who's next?

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Thu Sep 29, 2022 2:53 pm

Barnsley at home is on the horizon I think. They have started to move up the table - Luca Connel a regular in their midfield.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Sep 29, 2022 3:07 pm

Is Jon Dadi Bodvarsson fit now? I've lost track. Anyway, I fancy a high scoring game. 4-3 to us.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Sep 29, 2022 3:43 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Thu Sep 29, 2022 3:07 pm
Is Jon Dadi Bodvarsson fit now? I've lost track. Anyway, I fancy a high scoring game. 4-3 to us.
Yes, he regained fitness just before the international break, but Iceland kindly let him stay home rather than rush him back into service. I imagine they spent their friendly fixtures trying younger strikers – they were nowhere near qualification, their 9pts being only half what group runners-up North Macedonia got in a group also containing Germany (27pts from 30).

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Sep 29, 2022 7:33 pm

Only five points behind the league leaders and a four point lead over Lincoln,
" should" indicate we can win this. Once again, (N.S.S.) keeping the opposition from scoring soft goal (any goals) has to be the game plan. Wolf pack tackling and high pressing is the order of the day and taking the chances we create. Long rests aren't always a sign of success. so let's hope ours has done the lads good rather than harm.

Also hope for an early decision on whether we play with our previous distinctive stadium name or not. (not even hazarding a guess on that one, but "The Britannia Stadium might be an apt choice right now, ( Think about it, Charles and Sharon, although that's just pipe-dreaming against The Chicken Shack Emporium or such ) and who'll go long-term contract on anything?

Anyway, whatever, COME ON YOU WHITES... :oyea: :oyea: :oyea:

2-0 us. ae:)
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Sep 29, 2022 8:28 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Thu Sep 29, 2022 3:43 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Thu Sep 29, 2022 3:07 pm
Yes, he regained fitness just before the international break, but Iceland kindly let him stay home rather than rush him back into service.
Cheers Chap.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Thu Sep 29, 2022 9:29 pm

That prick is refereeing, Neil Hair.

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Thu Sep 29, 2022 10:19 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
Thu Sep 29, 2022 9:29 pm

Hairy prick?
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Sep 30, 2022 12:03 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
Are there any refs around we regard as fair? Seems quite a few who don't like Bolton.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Sep 30, 2022 12:36 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Fri Sep 30, 2022 12:03 pm
officer_dibble wrote:
Are there any refs around we regard as fair? Seems quite a few who don't like Bolton.
I think it's just that the lower down the order you go, the worse they get, Tango.

That said, I'm sure that them being constantly berated by Evatt doesn't help us - probably the opposite in fact.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Sep 30, 2022 1:29 pm

Yeah - I think unless you're in the position of trying to engineer "never give us this ref again" - like maybe the tool that sent Santos off. Then the best approach is to suck it up as much as possible.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Sep 30, 2022 1:46 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Fri Sep 30, 2022 12:36 pm
TANGODANCER wrote:
Fri Sep 30, 2022 12:03 pm
officer_dibble wrote:
I think it's just that the lower down the order you go, the worse they get, Tango.

That said, I'm sure that them being constantly berated by Evatt doesn't help us - probably the opposite in fact.
Point taken mate.. Evatt' s attitude must be the subject of many a conversation at referee's association meetings, not for being quoted publicly of course, but he won't be winning any popularity contests more's the pity..

The_Gun
Passionate
Passionate

Post by The_Gun » Fri Sep 30, 2022 2:09 pm

fecking hell, this break has been awful. Especially annoying that our last match was that terrible performance vs Tranmere and we didn't have a chance to bounce back from that quickly.

Lincoln at home feels like a game we should be winning if we want to keep up with the sides at the top of the table. The current top four all look very strong and I don't think we'll catch them if we do our end of year disappearing act again.

Seems very likely Evatt will go with the same starting lineup that he fielded vs Posh, but I'd personally (of course) pull Kachunga out for JDB. I'd also like to see Sadlier get some game time up top if we're up by a couple in the second half.

3-1 Bolton.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Sep 30, 2022 2:17 pm

I'm not a ref-watcher but Neil Hair's especially bad. He's the one who, at Tranmere in Evatt's first season, didn't send off Manny Monthe for dragging back Sarcevic when clean through, but did send off Ryan Delaney for challenging for a header. Evatt was sent off after the whistle and club complained to the feds.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Fri Sep 30, 2022 2:20 pm

Well hopefully he can be reminded of that injustice and wipe the slate clean.... Nah. Me neither
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Fri Sep 30, 2022 2:45 pm

Evatt's red got rescinded as well didn't it?

Last ref we had who'd previously had one rescinded made sure he got his man against Port Vale...
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Sep 30, 2022 3:17 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Thu Sep 29, 2022 7:33 pm
Also hope for an early decision on whether we play with our previous distinctive stadium name or not. (not even hazarding a guess on that one, but "The Britannia Stadium might be an apt choice right now, ( Think about it, Charles and Sharon, although that's just pipe-dreaming against The Chicken Shack Emporium or such ) and who'll go long-term contract on anything?
brit-a-main.png
brit-a-main.png (34.08 KiB) Viewed 796 times