Meanwhile, Bristol come a roving...Home at the Uninbol, Friday night 7-45 2 Dec

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Meanwhile, Bristol come a roving...Home at the Uninbol, Friday night 7-45 2 Dec

Post by officer_dibble » Fri Dec 02, 2022 9:53 pm

Big work in January for me. Need to trade up - I’d look at offers for anyone to try and up the quality. There’s not one area of the team that wouldn’t benefit from some quality and for the first time we’ll have to sell to improve.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Re: Meanwhile, Bristol come a roving...Home at the Uninbol, Friday night 7-45 2 Dec

Post by DJBlu » Fri Dec 02, 2022 9:58 pm

Deserved nowt got a point.

Oh and the poorest striker scored.

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:02 pm

DJBlu wrote:
Fri Dec 02, 2022 9:58 pm

That assessment seems a bit harsh.

Perhaps we just need one player that's really good at rallying the players. At the moment it seems like we're missing someone who can up the tempo a little bit earlier in the match.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:05 pm

I dunno, Bakayoko looked pretty clueless as well. As for Kachunga - did he even come out in the second half? He’s fecking shite.

I think Morley and Jones in particular stunk tonight. Beck and Toal looked like young lads learning. Dapo kept going to be fair, though he was shooting when he should pass, passing when he should shoot.

MJ should have started - that midfield was a mistake without Santos.
Last edited by officer_dibble on Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:06 pm

Mar wrote:
Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:02 pm
Perhaps we just need one player that's really good at rallying the players. At the moment it seems like we're missing someone who can up the tempo a little bit earlier in the match.
Or, there is something off in how we start games - it’s been a theme throughout Evatts tenure. We finish games strongly - how about we start like that and score first!

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:10 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:06 pm
Mar wrote:
Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:02 pm
Or, there is something off in how we start games - it’s been a theme throughout Evatts tenure. We finish games strongly - how about we start like that and score first!
Fully agree. That's why i'm not thinking the squad needs a massive overhaul. We just need to be effective earlier in matches and then apply our strategies for ball retention. Seems we're just happy to retain possession and be patient so we tire our the opposition.

I'm fully expecting that we'd have a greater output from the likes of Charles, Dad Bod and Baka should the opposition be having to attack us being a goal down and we can catch them on the counter.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:12 pm

Not an overhaul but we definitely need to trade up. Gethin Jones, one of Morley, Dempsey, Thomason and one of the forwards - may need to sell to buy. Deffo need to sort left wing back as well!

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:13 pm

DJBlu wrote:

That was Charles' seventh goal of the season in all competitions and fourth in the league.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:16 pm

DJBlu wrote:

I don't think he's the poorest striker someone else does.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:21 pm

Kachungas mum?

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:26 pm

BTW Charles plays the simple ball across the box to sadlier we go 1-1 much earlier and have a chance to win.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:31 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:26 pm
BTW Charles plays the simple ball across the box to sadlier we go 1-1 much earlier and have a chance to win.
Don't give the person ammunition.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:34 pm

😁
He got enough on the pitch - might have been distracted enough by the rest of them!

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:36 pm

jmjhb wrote:
Fri Dec 02, 2022 9:50 pm
We've actually gone 5th with that result. Madness.
We were 5th when it kicked off.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:44 pm

That was really incredibly poor. A few minutes of chucking the kitchen sink at it towards the end can’t cover up for the 80 minutes of abject dross.

Evatt picked the wrong side again. Beck was absolutely abysmal and frankly how he stayed on at half time is beyond me. Kachunga offers us very little.

It’s incredibly frustrating. The main problem is it’s a dreadful watch. Yes it’s league one. Yes we aren’t going to have the best players in the world. But it’s the same dross week in week out. No tempo to our play. Slow boring football. No end product.

Let me just pick one aspect - Morley on set pieces. We must have had twenty odd. And every single one his delivery was abysmal. Do they do work on these? I can’t imagine so. If they do then Morley must have zero ability. One or the other.

Charles scored a corker but again he showed on numerous occasions how limited a player he is. Dapo for me was the only one who looked like he can play and his final decision making was a bit suspect.

But christ Bradley is a hard watch. Superb up until the final third then absolute horrendous when it counts. He’s not for me very good. I can’t help it he just is not very good where it matters and that hurts us as he’s the only outlet.

Sadlier looks good when he comes on. Yet Evatt won’t ever pick him.

January feels like major surgery again to fix the sick patient we’ve become.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:44 pm

5th at xmas in our 2nd season at this level, I should be happy with that. Feels like we're going backwards though. Still shaky at the back but we're no longer the attractive passing side we once were under Evatt and we don't create nearly enough. They've a lot of heart though.

Ref was almost as bad as that joker v Oxford. Rovers players going down with fake injuries to break up play and any momentum was reaching scandalous proportions by the end. The EFL are going to have to put a stop to it.

Wasn't that cold and top scran in the fanzone again.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:50 pm

The way to stop opposition players going down and wasting time is by not being behind in games all the time!

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:51 pm

Interesting point re Bradley - I had him as our only bright light going forward, but would be interested how many times he found a man in the box. Can definitely remember a few he wasted!

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Fri Dec 02, 2022 11:14 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:50 pm
The way to stop opposition players going down and wasting time is by not being behind in games all the time!
Fair point where we're concerned. However it was only last month the Wednesday (?) Keeper admitted to doing it whenever the opposition built up a head of steam. Tonight was off the scale though and perhaps a mandatory time penalty off the pitch if you've had a head injury would prevent such fakery?
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Fri Dec 02, 2022 11:27 pm

Yep, agreed. It Deffo hurts us more than we get out of it - traff is pretty handy at milking goal kicks etc when it counts. But the key is scoring first for a change!! Rather than people leaving early we’re going to start getting people turning up for the comeback only!