No Ramifications on the Rams. Home v Derby County, Tues. 27-12 22 3-0'clock

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

irie Cee Bee
Dedicated
Dedicated

Re: No Ramifications on the Rams. Home v Derby County, Tues. 27-12 22 3-0'clock

Post by irie Cee Bee » Tue Dec 27, 2022 10:43 pm

I agree on Johnston. Had a great game. I would not be surprised if Scouts from Divisions higher up have their eyes on him. Been very consistent this season and is young. The changes did weaken us as I thought Dempsey and Williams struggled to get into the pace of the game which was fast and strong throughout. Not a big fan of Kacha because a forward should be scoring goals and he doesn't, but boy, he certainly knows how to make the ball stick and works effectively. Do we give him another year on his contract? Maybe.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Dec 28, 2022 10:10 am

irie Cee Bee wrote:
Tue Dec 27, 2022 10:43 pm
I agree on Johnston. Had a great game. I would not be surprised if Scouts from Divisions higher up have their eyes on him. Been very consistent this season and is young. The changes did weaken us as I thought Dempsey and Williams struggled to get into the pace of the game which was fast and strong throughout. Not a big fan of Kacha because a forward should be scoring goals and he doesn't, but boy, he certainly knows how to make the ball stick and works effectively. Do we give him another year on his contract? Maybe.
We lost attacking impetus because Lee was on fire start of the second half. But that midfield that started the game is unsustainable. It was all over the show first half at times and we were just lucky that Derby lacked any killer instinct. Second half post changes we looked much more stable. It just sacrificed lees threat but for me it just highlights that we need a better midfield player than Dempsey who is poor.

In a tight game we had one real chance that Charles missed and for me therein lies the challenge. We need to create more and take more of what we create. I feel we need a striker because Dapo isn’t doing the business and none of the others are consistent takers of chances. But I suspect it will be hard. What we definitely need is some better delivery from the midfield and out wide. Our final ball is woefully bad and reflects a lack of quality in those areas. We also need that up and down all action midfield player who just has more physicality and more impact than Dempsey. Plus a left wing back.

We are probably looking at two players so I’d focus on a number ten type and a forward or wide forward option.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Dec 28, 2022 10:13 am

If we have any real intent on promotion, we need to win almost every game now. We can't rely on what others may do, we have to state our own case. Being an entertaining, workmanlike side is fine if League One is our destiny, but if we have visions of moving up, we need to do it now; not next week but every week. Tough as that sounds, it's the reality. Talk of chances missed is utterly pointless (excuse the pun), and even clean sheets won't be enough unless we start scoring. Just one day's grace (today) with family stuff and turkey scoffing, then it's back to training because our next battle is Friday at Lincoln followed on Monday with an even tougher visit to Barnsley for another "war of the roses" . Time to earn the corn lads, onwards and upwards... :Jedi:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Dec 28, 2022 5:02 pm

Whether it's due to the change in personnel, or an instruction from Evatt, I'm delighted to see us not tapping it sideways to each other along the back line. I'll be proper miffed if he changes any of the current back three simply because other players become available.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Dec 28, 2022 10:20 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Wed Dec 28, 2022 5:02 pm
Whether it's due to the change in personnel, or an instruction from Evatt, I'm delighted to see us not tapping it sideways to each other along the back line. I'll be proper miffed if he changes any of the current back three simply because other players become available.
Big Ric and Gethin have also spent a fair amount of season "punting it,..

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Dec 29, 2022 10:50 am

It’s certainly looked the most balanced back three we’ve had. Defensively solid. I don’t see any reason to change the back three at all at this stage.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Dec 29, 2022 11:52 am

^^ I'd be quite surprised if he left a fit Santos out...maybe less so for Geth...

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Post by truewhite15 » Thu Dec 29, 2022 1:19 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Thu Dec 29, 2022 11:52 am
^^ I'd be quite surprised if he left a fit Santos out...maybe less so for Geth...
Yep, this is where I'm at. Can't see any immediate changes, but Santos is skipper, so when fit he'll replace Aimson. Could be a while until that point though, so Aimson still has time to make his case for starting even stronger.

Toal, however, has been more obviously outstanding as a replacement for Jones than Aimson has been standing in for Rico. I can't see him being dropped until/unless he has a stinker or two.

sonicthewhite
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by sonicthewhite » Thu Dec 29, 2022 2:03 pm

I reckon both will be on the bench once fit and the moment one of Aimson/Toal makes the slightest mistake Evatt will use that as an excuse to get Santos back in. Either that or he'll use the fatigue/rotation excuse instead. There's no way he's leaving Santos out for any length of time if he's fit.
Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!

And the key to a result is a good :kettle:

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Dec 29, 2022 4:24 pm

'Wanderers have received the full allocation of 3,145 tickets for the trip to Pride Park to face Derby County on Saturday 21 January (KO 3pm)'.

Seems a bit miserly, no?!

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Thu Dec 29, 2022 11:02 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Thu Dec 29, 2022 4:24 pm
'Wanderers have received the full allocation of 3,145 tickets for the trip to Pride Park to face Derby County on Saturday 21 January (KO 3pm)'.

Just under 10% of the ground. Not terrible. Tbh, our away end (c.20%) is too generous in some respects. For example, did Trafford really want 5k Derby supporters barracking his every move? But, I can see the clear financial benefits.
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Dec 30, 2022 9:30 am

TonyDomingos wrote:
Thu Dec 29, 2022 11:02 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:

Just under 10% of the ground. Not terrible. Tbh, our away end (c.20%) is too generous in some respects. For example, did Trafford really want 5k Derby supporters barracking his every move? But, I can see the clear financial benefits.
True enough, but in a stadium with a capacity of 33,597 and an average home gate of circa 26,000? That said, I've no idea as to what the Pride Park set up is, perhaps not as straightforward as our place where we can offer visitors an entire end. Given where Derby have been financially of late though, I'd have thought that they too would be looking to maximise revenue.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Fri Dec 30, 2022 10:10 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Fri Dec 30, 2022 9:30 am
TonyDomingos wrote:
Thu Dec 29, 2022 11:02 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:

True enough, but in a stadium with a capacity of 33,597 and an average home gate of circa 26,000? That said, I've no idea as to what the Pride Park set up is, perhaps not as straightforward as our place where we can offer visitors an entire end. Given where Derby have been financially of late though, I'd have thought that they too would be looking to maximise revenue.
They give you a corner section and they have Season Ticket holders either side - It's quite a nice ground actually. Bit hairy when you leave as you get bottle necked with home fans walking out of the ground
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Dec 30, 2022 10:34 am

boltonboris wrote:
Fri Dec 30, 2022 10:10 am

They give you a corner section and they have Season Ticket holders either side - It's quite a nice ground actually. Bit hairy when you leave as you get bottle necked with home fans walking out of the ground
I've only ever been once, and that was to an U21's game vs Netherlands in 2005. I do remember it being a tidy place. They'd tried yo incorporate some of the old touches (such as the wrought ironwork) from The Baseball Ground.

Anyway, I know you're itching to know :)

We lost 2-1 and our collection of hopefuls that evening were;

England: Scott Carson (L.Camp), J.Hoyte (L.Lita), Leighton Baines (J.Welsh), Tom Huddlestone, S.Taylor, L.Ridgewell, W.Routledge (D.Marney), P.Whittingham, Carlton Cole (J.Stead), Dean Ashton (Kieran Richardson), James Milner.