Can we leave Lincoln green? Away to the Imps Fri,30th Jan. 7-45.

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

DJBlu
Site Admin

Re: Can we leave Lincoln green? Away to the Imps Fri,30th Jan. 7-45.

Post by DJBlu » Fri Dec 30, 2022 9:37 pm

Toal has sent some right balls in that box tonight.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Fri Dec 30, 2022 9:38 pm

fecking terrible cross again Bradley. He’s been shite

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Fri Dec 30, 2022 9:39 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
Fri Dec 30, 2022 9:38 pm
fecking terrible cross again Bradley. He’s been shite
Aye, poor tonght.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Fri Dec 30, 2022 9:41 pm

I’d rather the ghost of Nicky hunt was on the end of a cross than Kachunga.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Dec 30, 2022 9:41 pm

In and around their area we are a shambles. A complete and utterly clueless shambles. Hopeful lofts into the box in the forlorn hope that someone who can finish might get on the end of it is not a credible plan.
May the bridges I burn light your way

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Fri Dec 30, 2022 9:41 pm

You know we're getting nothing when it's Kachunga and Baka with the best chances.

Bradley giving the game away there with a needless free kick.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Fri Dec 30, 2022 9:42 pm

We’ve got more than we deserve tonight cos they lost their heads. Absolute shite. Need some signings in January to have a hope of play offs.

sonicthewhite
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by sonicthewhite » Fri Dec 30, 2022 9:43 pm

A missed opportunity and we drop a place :(
Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!

And the key to a result is a good :kettle:

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Dec 30, 2022 9:47 pm

Early goal does us again . Same old song . Four points lost in two games and this one against ten men. Hardly Championship stuff?
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Dec 30, 2022 9:49 pm

It’s got the feeling of a huge missed opportunity this season.

Four strikers. All capable. None on any form. Our delivery into the box is truly appalling.

People keep complaining when I say it but our problem is simple. Our best attacking outlet is Bradley. And going forwards he’s not very good. People don’t want to see it or accept it but it stares us in the face week in week out. We lack a quality number ten and anything on the left short of playing someone out of position or trying Beck who looks short.

These issues are apparent week after week after week. We only looked good in Bradley’s golden period where teams hadn’t worked him or us out and he had space. But now we need miles more going forward. And more than anything some people who can cross the ball or deliver a final pass.

I’ve no idea what January might bring but under Evatt we are going backwards unless there is the scope for some more very very good players. A better manager could find a shape to get this lot into the top 6 as it is. Sadly Evatt can’t. And without stumbling on another gem I don’t think it happens.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Fri Dec 30, 2022 9:49 pm

Absolute dross.

Lucky to get the Toal goal as that should have been a loss on the road. Didn't get another shot on target after the goal. All the play down the wings. Nothing through the middle at all.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Fri Dec 30, 2022 9:52 pm

Evatt will come out with some shite about it being more difficult to play against ten men but we have the footballers to create the overlaps and space and really stretch the game. feck knows what formation those subs sent us to - we had Toal bombing it on the wing with no help, players just stood in the area / on edge. The only noteworthy chances were from our two good crosses - one where Dapo created the space by - shock - beating his man out wide, the other was a cross from deep. It was piss poor, and too many players didn’t show up tonight. Why we didn’t try and attack through the middle with some neat passing when Lee came on I don’t know - I mean I’m sure that’s what Evatt sent him on for but he had about 8 minutes of the game with the ball in play then. For me Lee would have come on for Dempsey first, not Kachunga who was shite again.

For me that’s cards marked for the window for Charles, Dempsey and probably Aimless as well. All need upgrading to better players. Sadlier isnt a wing back and we need a proper option out there. Bradley was piss poor tonight and it was crying out for a change on that side to get us some quality deliveries in for the firepower he brought on!

We’ll slip out the play offs if we don’t make some signings - with some better players we should have enough to get in them.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Dec 30, 2022 9:58 pm

Even beating Barnsley (no easy task) will only bring us level with them and they have a game in hand. These last two games have been more costly than they seem in terms of missed opportunities. I'll hold off on the New Brazil for a bit.... :shock:

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Dec 30, 2022 10:11 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri Dec 30, 2022 9:49 pm

Four strikers. All capable. None on any form. Our delivery into the box is truly appalling.

People keep complaining when I say it but our problem is simple. Our best attacking outlet is Bradley. And going forwards he’s not very good. People don’t want to see it or accept it but it stares us in the face week in week out. We lack a quality number ten and anything on the left short of playing someone out of position or trying Beck who looks short.

These issues are apparent week after week after week. We only looked good in Bradley’s golden period where teams hadn’t worked him or us out and he had space. But now we need miles more going forward. And more than anything some people who can cross the ball or deliver a final pass.

I’ve no idea what January might bring but under Evatt we are going backwards unless there is the scope for some more very very good players. A better manager could find a shape to get this lot into the top 6 as it is. Sadly Evatt can’t. And without stumbling on another gem I don’t think it happens.
Bradley would be fine in a team where other bits were working well (or even adequately). For me there is little point making out that our problems offensively are because Bradley isn't good enough. Where has sexy gone, what's happened to Bod and Baka, what do Kachunga, Demps and Morely do, how many times can Dapo try to beat 5 players before losing it. It's not really working any place, great...Sads (as we've seen previously) didn't make himself updroppable tonight, I lost count of how many times his crosses hit the first man...

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Fri Dec 30, 2022 10:18 pm

Bradley’s a kid learning his trade, same as Toal really (albeit you can tell they have been at different schools!). You can’t blame them. Worthy’s bang on - where is the Morley, Bodvarson, Bakayoko even Kachunga from last season??

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Dec 30, 2022 10:22 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Fri Dec 30, 2022 10:11 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri Dec 30, 2022 9:49 pm

Bradley would be fine in a team where other bits were working well (or even adequately). For me there is little point making out that our problems offensively are because Bradley isn't good enough. Where has sexy gone, what's happened to Bod and Baka, what do Kachunga, Demps and Morely do, how many times can Dapo try to beat 5 players before losing it. It's not really working any place, great...Sads (as we've seen previously) didn't make himself updroppable tonight, I lost count of how many times his crosses hit the first man...
Well yeah it’s that the system is built around wing backs…we only have one…and that wing back is a very good player but not a great attacking player. So it leaves us struggling to create.

It’s not that Bradley isn’t good enough. It’s that the system Evatt is picking and the players in it means we are reliant on him to be outstanding going forwards. And he’s not. He’s far from that.

The system has only ever really worked with Fossey. Because he was average to poor defensively but brilliant going forwards and it balanced out. And even if you doubled up on him he had pace which scared teams.

I’ve said for ages that without that threat or as you say better threat in the middle and left (and as I’m saying) this system doesn’t work.

I keep coming back to needing a quality number ten and a left wing back. If we want to make this system work that’s the bare minimum as we have neither.

We could make a 4231 work though. But as ever we keep trying to play a system we are I’ll equipped for.

irie Cee Bee
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by irie Cee Bee » Fri Dec 30, 2022 10:52 pm

We simply lacked the quality. Played at a slow pace, a number of players looked tired and did not have the quality to win the game against 10 men in the end who skillfully allowed only about 8 mins of football to be played in the last 20 mins of the game with their time-wasting tactics. We should learn from them when we want to kill a game.

I would have hooked Dapo early in the 2nd half as he lost the ball so many times. The substitutes didnt seem to have a clue how to play with so many forwards on the field. Katchunga probably touched the ball twice. I could go on and on, but have to agree that without a championship quality # 10, # 9 and #3 brought in to help the team, we will struggle to maintain top 6. I loved the fight Toal gave trying to win it for us. He has Heart. Had to find a positive.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Dec 30, 2022 11:12 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
Fri Dec 30, 2022 10:18 pm
Bradley’s a kid learning his trade, same as Toal really (albeit you can tell they have been at different schools!). You can’t blame them. Worthy’s bang on - where is the Morley, Bodvarson, Bakayoko even Kachunga from last season??
Bod hasn't had much game time this season due to being sub, and out for three games with a broken nose. Like others, he needs a full game, not fifteen minutes on the weary end. Charles seems to play better with him than with Dapo. Just a view.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Dec 31, 2022 7:01 am

Reasonable one TD - I too think Bod has been underused, and his injuries haven’t helped. Charles seems to be undroppable in a world of rotation.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Dec 31, 2022 10:59 am

officer_dibble wrote:
Sat Dec 31, 2022 7:01 am
Reasonable one TD - I too think Bod has been underused, and his injuries haven’t helped. Charles seems to be undroppable in a world of rotation.
Yeah, strangely enough, I don't feel particularly critical towards the players, albeit Baka has missed some sitters. I think they're working hard and trying hard, but as I think Rioja said, last third not been working well. This has been for best part of three/three and half months now...

Feels like a pivotal month in which we need an injection of something a bit different.