Can we leave Lincoln green? Away to the Imps Fri,30th Jan. 7-45.

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Can we leave Lincoln green? Away to the Imps Fri,30th Jan. 7-45.

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Dec 31, 2022 5:53 pm

Best come quick - Barnsley away, Plymouth and Pompey at home, derby away. Can’t afford to write them all off.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Dec 31, 2022 6:04 pm

Aye, that's the worry...Two draws and two creditable 1-0 defeats wouldn't be good...

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Dec 31, 2022 7:07 pm

Dapo charged.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Dec 31, 2022 7:10 pm

That's the only thing they picked out of last night's match? Struggling to recall anything other than him pointing at some bloke's yed.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sat Dec 31, 2022 9:05 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Sat Dec 31, 2022 7:10 pm
That's the only thing they picked out of last night's match? Struggling to recall anything other than him pointing at some bloke's yed.
It's on the corner where we equalized. The camera doesn't pick it up but there's a Lincoln player rolling around the place like he's been shot in the head. It's that bad he was able to watch us score and celebrate with our fans.
dapo.png
dapo.png (624.46 KiB) Viewed 1107 times

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Dec 31, 2022 9:08 pm

Something about "a man's game" ...?
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sat Dec 31, 2022 9:15 pm

It's also that bad all his teammates went running to help him out. One went as far as to blame the guy who should have been marking Toal. 57 min and 22 seconds in his team mate tells him to get up and crack on. :lol: However, number 16 is in the referee's ear as the teams make their way back to the centre circle.

Piss poor if there is no evidence and it's all done on hearsay. I'd like to see if he did smash him as it's going to be tough to take if he's not actually done anything that warrants a violent conduct charge.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Dec 31, 2022 9:16 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
Sat Dec 31, 2022 5:53 pm
Best come quick - Barnsley away, Plymouth and Pompey at home, derby away. Can’t afford to write them all off.
Last two results make it imperative we win them. Our credibility is a bit stretched right now.

brommers95
Reliable
Reliable

Post by brommers95 » Sat Dec 31, 2022 9:29 pm

Video of the incident here. I’m not sure Dapo actually caught the Lincoln player but that’s irrelevant, it’s a stupid thing to do and he’s lucky he didn’t get sent off for it.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Dec 31, 2022 10:18 pm

Fine bit of acting by the Imp. Should be in films.He was really looking for that and should get an Oscar. Ridiculous.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Dec 31, 2022 10:50 pm

And yet that Rooney fella from fleetwood got booked for assault so he didn’t get a ban… words fail

irie Cee Bee
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by irie Cee Bee » Sun Jan 01, 2023 1:04 am

Doesn't seem likely Dapo will get out of this one from the video. The goal would have been ruled out for the foul if the ref saw that with a possible red card. Not sure what defense the club can give to save Dapo from the 3 match ban. The timing is bad given the top teams we are scheduled to play.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:55 am

irie Cee Bee wrote:
Sun Jan 01, 2023 1:04 am
Doesn't seem likely Dapo will get out of this one from the video. The goal would have been ruled out for the foul if the ref saw that with a possible red card. Not sure what defense the club can give to save Dapo from the 3 match ban. The timing is bad given the top teams we are scheduled to play.
[/quote

If Dapo gets binned, adopt the Tango Plan: Bring Rico back in defence and throw the big Irish lad up front with Bod and Charles. Cause some havoc. Finesse will be pointless against Barnsley and we'll have to take pot luck getting a point with Portsmouth. Might grab the points off Plymouth. Stranger things have happened. :oyea:

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Jan 01, 2023 10:01 am

brommers95 wrote:
Sat Dec 31, 2022 9:29 pm
Video of the incident here. I’m not sure Dapo actually caught the Lincoln player but that’s irrelevant, it’s a stupid thing to do and he’s lucky he didn’t get sent off for it.
The player is behind Dapo and hassling him with no ball in sight. Dapo shoves him off and the Imp does a De Niro.It's a blatant "cheat" attempt. ....Surely the "commitee" can see that?

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sun Jan 01, 2023 10:53 am

Question I always ask myself is, what if it were the other way round?

Anyway. Dapo would be a massive miss, with Dion finishing at most one chance in three, Baka/Bod hardly getting going at all this season and Kacha apparently being goalphobic. Creatively too. But it might finally give Sadlier a chance to prove he’s not simply “good sub, underwhelming starter” - although I dare say if he plays as a forward and we don’t score within half an hour, there’ll be questions why we’re “playing 5-4-1”.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Jan 01, 2023 12:09 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Sun Jan 01, 2023 10:53 am

Anyway. Dapo would be a massive miss, with Dion finishing at most one chance in three, Baka/Bod hardly getting going at all this season and Kacha apparently being goalphobic. Creatively too. But it might finally give Sadlier a chance to prove he’s not simply “good sub, underwhelming starter” - although I dare say if he plays as a forward and we don’t score within half an hour, there’ll be questions why we’re “playing 5-4-1”.
A massive miss? I’ve barely noticed he was playing for the past three months most of the time. On his day he’s outstanding. He’s not had very many days this season.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sun Jan 01, 2023 6:12 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sun Jan 01, 2023 12:09 pm
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Sun Jan 01, 2023 10:53 am

A massive miss? I’ve barely noticed he was playing for the past three months most of the time. On his day he’s outstanding. He’s not had very many days this season.
Have a day off ffs.

We know we're shit, all the players are shit, the manager is shit. The stadium is shit. Bolton is shit. Life is shit.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Jan 01, 2023 10:49 pm

DJBlu wrote:
Sun Jan 01, 2023 6:12 pm

Have a day off ffs.
We know we're shit, all the players are shit, the manager is shit. The stadium is shit. Bolton is shit. Life is shit.
[/quote] :lol: