No Shoot Sherlock..Home to Portsmouth 14th Jan. 3-o'clock.

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Re: No Shoot Sherlock..Home to Portsmouth 14th Jan. 3-o'clock.

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Jan 14, 2023 5:00 pm

Just checked. Total’s goal a 10-pass move starting with Aimson, stretch to Randy, inside to Morley, forward to Nlundulu, lay-off to Toal, wide to Bradley, inside to Dempsey, back to Morley, pops of a lovely first-time ten-yard vertical to Toal who has gone past him to the edge of the box. Turns, one-two with Bradley, finds far corner.

And that’s a centre-back.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Jan 14, 2023 5:01 pm

Three goals, three points, One clean sheet. :oyea: :oyea: :oyea:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Jan 14, 2023 5:02 pm

Sorry one amend. Didn’t start with Aimson; started with Morley, who’d dropped deep to protect his defence.

And that pass to Toal - perfection. I’ve just watched it ten times and could do so all night.
Last edited by Dave Sutton's barnet on Sat Jan 14, 2023 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Jan 14, 2023 5:05 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Sat Jan 14, 2023 5:02 pm
Sorry one amend. Didn’t start with Aimson; started with Morley, who’d dropped deep to protect his defence.
Not the first time they've been confused this week! :-)

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Jan 14, 2023 5:06 pm

He’s becoming a real player.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sat Jan 14, 2023 5:08 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Sat Jan 14, 2023 5:00 pm
Just checked. Total’s goal a 10-pass move starting with Aimson, stretch to Randy, inside to Morley, forward to Nlundulu, lay-off to Toal, wide to Bradley, inside to Dempsey, back to Morley, pops of a lovely first-time ten-yard vertical to Toal who has gone past him to the edge of the box. Turns, one-two with Bradley, finds far corner.

And that’s a centre-back.
Just editing the vids but I'll upload to twitter in a few mins. It's a great team goal that complements the victory.

The_Gun
Passionate
Passionate

Post by The_Gun » Sat Jan 14, 2023 5:10 pm

Was out having lunch in frigging Tunbridge Wells so was restricted to the Iles live text, but fantastic result, and some favourable scores for us at The Valley and Portman Road as well. All in all a good day!

irie Cee Bee
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by irie Cee Bee » Sat Jan 14, 2023 5:17 pm

A lovely team goal by Toal. We are looking a confident bunch for a second half season push towards the top.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Jan 14, 2023 5:18 pm

irie Cee Bee wrote:
Sat Jan 14, 2023 5:17 pm
A lovely team goal by Toal. We are looking a confident bunch for a second half season push towards the top.
It does sorta leave the question as to what IE actually does to let the new year in...I'm suspecting some sort of sacrifice...

sonicthewhite
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by sonicthewhite » Sat Jan 14, 2023 5:31 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Sat Jan 14, 2023 5:18 pm
irie Cee Bee wrote:
It does sorta leave the question as to what IE actually does to let the new year in...I'm suspecting some sort of sacrifice...
Anyone seen John lately? 🤔
Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!

And the key to a result is a good :kettle:

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Jan 14, 2023 5:34 pm

sonicthewhite wrote:
Sat Jan 14, 2023 5:31 pm
Worthy4England wrote:
Sat Jan 14, 2023 5:18 pm
irie Cee Bee wrote:
Anyone seen John lately? 🤔
Good point!

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sat Jan 14, 2023 5:42 pm

Beautiful 3rd goal but a big shout out to Dempsey for his role in the 2nd too. Controlled it on the run from out of the sky and lovely cross too.

We were a bit scrappy after we went 1 up but the 2nd half was pretty much close to perfect. We controlled it from start to finish.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sat Jan 14, 2023 5:44 pm

Said it before and I'll say it again, Morley is some engine in that midfield.
Lee and Dempsey playing freely because of it.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sat Jan 14, 2023 5:54 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Sat Jan 14, 2023 5:42 pm
Beautiful 3rd goal but a big shout out to Dempsey for his role in the 2nd too. Controlled it on the run from out of the sky and lovely cross too.

We were a bit scrappy after we went 1 up but the 2nd half was pretty much close to perfect. We controlled it from start to finish.
He did very well but I smiled imaging our reaction if we'd conceded that :lol: their lad just let Demosey stroll past him and then the keeper :lol:

Really pleased with that. Made an ok team look very poor, without ever really getting into top gear.

Hopeful Bod has just rolled his ankle and it's a couple of weeks top. Feels like we've got a very settled XI at the moment.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Spartan2
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Spartan2 » Sat Jan 14, 2023 6:13 pm

Great to see Dempsey playing well it'll be like a new signing if he can keep it up. Toal is just on another level, seems to have everything. Randy is another very good signing.

Obviously I'm not writing him off yet but I can't see what Dan is going to offer us at all, looks like kachunga mkII. Hopefully I'm way off.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Jan 14, 2023 6:41 pm

Glad we stepped it up second half. Portsmouth one of the poorest sides to come here in a long time. And didn’t tbh n they were up to much Tuesday either.

We’ve set the second half of this season up well. It’s crucial we add to the squad now to maximise our chances.

dave the minion
Reliable
Reliable

Post by dave the minion » Sat Jan 14, 2023 6:50 pm

Superb performance that, to a man.
Shame to see DadBod limp off as the way he presses and harries is brilliant, but pleasing to see Dan replace him and continue in similar fashion.
Back 3 immense once again. Toal is turning out to be a hell of a find.
Morley all over the place once again - not seen a player that assured of himself in a long time.
Charles ran himself into the ground again and was noticeably tiring before he came off, but what a contribution he makes.
Good to see Santos given a run out towards the end as well.
Overall I thought we were brilliant. Yes, Pompey were rubbish, but you can only play the team in front of you, and we absolutely played them off the pitch.
Big shout out too to the gentlemen in the East upper near us who had been celebrating his birthday earlier and maybe had one or two too many sherries, leading to comical scenes of him falling up the stairs when he left before the end!!

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Sat Jan 14, 2023 6:58 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sat Jan 14, 2023 6:41 pm
Glad we stepped it up second half.
:whack:

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Sat Jan 14, 2023 7:21 pm

Quality performance. Controlled the game and switched pace as and when needed. I thought we'd win this one comfortably after Tuesday and we were excellent. Lots to like.

No escaping from the fact that Toal is a quality player. I'm very much enjoying Aimson at the minute, but Johnston and Toal really look like they can have proper careers if they keep listening and learning.

Dempsey is showing why some of us on here were very excited by his arrival. I'm delighted for him and hope he stays fit (and out of legal trouble). Morley is just a really good midfielder. Anyone who thinks otherwise at this stage needs to have a word with themselves, or try a different sport.

Dion, as DSB says, needs two chance to score a goal - but he is scoring.

Williams looks like a player who has barely played football in a couple of years - but he clearly has ability and can see the game well. He'll be fine.

My only concern with Nlundulu prior to today was whether he'd do the necessary running, as at youth level he sometimes switched off. He worked his socks off this afternoon. If that's his consistent work rate he'll do very well here.

I was happy before today and very confident that we were on the right track. Only had that feeling reinforced today.

If we can keep enough of this lot fit we'll have a shot at promotion. If we don't go up this season then winning the league next season will be worth a tenner of anyone's money.

nicholaldo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by nicholaldo » Sat Jan 14, 2023 7:24 pm

It's always a relief to win a must win match so comfortably.