Fleecing the Rams. Away V.Derby County, Sat 21st Jan.3.0' clock.

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Fleecing the Rams. Away V.Derby County, Sat 21st Jan.3.0' clock.

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Jan 23, 2023 9:32 am

boltonboris wrote:
Mon Jan 23, 2023 9:04 am
We have that issue a lot. Midfielders not being in positions to receive the ball. Very frustrating. But it happens so often, that I think it might be deliberate for some reason.. Setting traps?

Anyway, we can analyse it to death, but the simple reasons for not winning and playing poorly were that we didn't win our tackles, we didn't win headers, we didn't win footraces.

When you can't win duels, you can't play well and you can't win games
I'd agree and I'd say the reason for that was mainly Derby are fitter, stronger, better organised and just sharper than we are. And they were at it from the off and we had too many who failed to stand up to their individual duels.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Jan 23, 2023 9:44 am

Fitter is quite surprising. (Didn't get to see the game) but that's generally not a failing in what we try to do...

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Jan 23, 2023 10:17 am

Worthy4England wrote:
Mon Jan 23, 2023 9:44 am
Fitter is quite surprising. (Didn't get to see the game) but that's generally not a failing in what we try to do...
Randell is not fit obviously. Big Dan is not fit and clearly knackered after a half (according to Evatt).

I think that's a big hit 2 outfield players getting up to speed when the demands on them are so physical.

Then you add Lee who is lets say, needing to nurse his legs sometimes, and probably not always able to match the intensity and running especially in away games like Derby.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Jan 23, 2023 10:24 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Jan 23, 2023 10:17 am
Worthy4England wrote:
Mon Jan 23, 2023 9:44 am
Randell is not fit obviously. Big Dan is not fit and clearly knackered after a half (according to Evatt).

I think that's a big hit 2 outfield players getting up to speed when the demands on them are so physical.

Then you add Lee who is lets say, needing to nurse his legs sometimes, and probably not always able to match the intensity and running especially in away games like Derby.
Ta. Got it now.