Will Lancashire triumph at Happy Valley? Charlton (A), Saturday, 28 January, 12:30pm

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Re: Will Lancashire triumph at Happy Valley? Charlton (A), Saturday, 28 January, 12:30pm

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sat Jan 28, 2023 4:02 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Sat Jan 28, 2023 3:46 pm
I shall return here when you've all calmed down a little bit. Had they sneaked the equaliser then you'd all have had a very different take on events.
Today raised more questions than answers.
Nah. Was an excellent performance by a play off chasing side. Top two team would have won by about 3 or 4. We're not there yet.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Re: Will Lancashire triumph at Happy Valley? Charlton (A), Saturday, 28 January, 12:30pm

Post by GhostoftheBok » Sat Jan 28, 2023 4:06 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Sat Jan 28, 2023 4:02 pm
Nah. Was an excellent performance by a play off chasing side. Top two team would have won by about 3 or 4. We're not there yet.
Shoretire and Adeboyejo get us closer. Really hope Shola isn't badly hurt.

irie Cee Bee
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by irie Cee Bee » Sat Jan 28, 2023 4:10 pm

Such a good performance. Our midfield centre looked awesome at times with Shoretire (who looks classy!), Lee, Dempsey and Morely (moTm) in particular looking ridiculously good. Welcome back Declan. Surely our best LWB. Without the no-noncence Aimson we will concede, and that is a worry, but our firepower is now very comforting. Charles has a new lease on life, Ade, Cameron are big fellows who know how to hold up balls, so we can bomb forward with confidence. Ade not only holds it up, but is a goal threat!! He will get lots of chances in this team. Traff played well, but will be haunted by the goal as it was close enough to save. The change at half time with Johnson I think took its Toll on that.

Still a long way to go, but the playoff teams will not be looking forward to playing us come end of season.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sat Jan 28, 2023 4:28 pm

GhostoftheBok wrote:
Sat Jan 28, 2023 4:06 pm
Harry Genshaw wrote:
Looked like a tight muscle in the glute, lower back. Fingers crossed its only minor
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Jan 28, 2023 4:31 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Sat Jan 28, 2023 4:28 pm
GhostoftheBok wrote:
Sat Jan 28, 2023 4:06 pm
Harry Genshaw wrote:
Looked like a tight muscle in the glute, lower back. Fingers crossed its only minor
It's just a flesh wound...

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Jan 28, 2023 4:34 pm

GhostoftheBok wrote:
Sat Jan 28, 2023 3:56 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Had they sneaked the equaliser then you'd all have had a very different take on events.
Nope. Regardless of the final score, that was a superbly coached side that needs to do more in the final third and was then disrupted by injuries.
Nah! Look, I'm as chuffed as the next man with the three points, however, had they equalised then all the talk would be about how wasteful we were, certainly not how wonderfully coached we are.
May the bridges I burn light your way

nicholaldo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by nicholaldo » Sat Jan 28, 2023 4:36 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Sat Jan 28, 2023 4:34 pm
GhostoftheBok wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Had they sneaked the equaliser then you'd all have had a very different take on events.
Nope. Regardless of the final score, that was a superbly coached side that needs to do more in the final third and was then disrupted by injuries.
Nah! Look, I'm as chuffed as the next man with the three points, however, had they equalised then all the talk would be about how wasteful we were, certainly not how wonderfully coached we are.

I suspect it wouldn't from Ghost, to be fair.

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Sat Jan 28, 2023 4:40 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Sat Jan 28, 2023 4:28 pm
I'd say fingers crossed, but with our luck someone would probably dislocate a digit.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Jan 28, 2023 4:43 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
GhostoftheBok wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
There was some poor defending, certainly, even prior to the enforced changes..I don't think it's understating it to say they had 3 or 4 pretty good chances. On another day etc...but, what I also think it's fair to say is on another day we had 6 or 7...

Bound to be a bit of disruption until it settles down.

Edit: we've been saying since October we've been looking a bit "flat" on Brand Evatt, today showed a fair amount of intent...

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sat Jan 28, 2023 4:51 pm

Evatt says Johnston is high ankle sprain, not commiting to anything as he doesn't want to temp fate so got to wait on a scan, Shoretire he's hoping is a back spasm.

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Sat Jan 28, 2023 4:59 pm

DJBlu wrote:
Sat Jan 28, 2023 4:51 pm
Evatt says Johnston is high ankle sprain
That's at least a month then, you'd think. Mine was 10 weeks.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Jan 28, 2023 5:17 pm

GhostoftheBok wrote:
Sat Jan 28, 2023 4:59 pm
DJBlu wrote:
Sat Jan 28, 2023 4:51 pm
Evatt says Johnston is high ankle sprain
That's at least a month then, you'd think. Mine was 10 weeks.
At least. Big job next few days. Defenders needed. One must be left footed. One must be an Aimson replacement.

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Sat Jan 28, 2023 5:38 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sat Jan 28, 2023 5:17 pm
At least. Big job next few days. Defenders needed. One must be left footed. One must be an Aimson replacement.
One of the more difficult calls we've had to make.

We need the result of that scan pretty quickly.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Jan 28, 2023 5:59 pm

GhostoftheBok wrote:
Sat Jan 28, 2023 5:38 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sat Jan 28, 2023 5:17 pm
One of the more difficult calls we've had to make.

We need the result of that scan pretty quickly.
I don’t really see it makes much difference. We are two defenders short. A centre half and a utility option to cover a couple of positions.

Don’t think that has changed much other than one would ideally be left footed.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Jan 28, 2023 6:07 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
I shall return here when you've all calmed down a little bit. Had they sneaked the equaliser then you'd all have had a very different take on events.
I’m not convinced it was any different to a number of games this season where we could have bagged half a dozen but didn’t. Today it didn’t cost us.

It was a good performance. It’s the final finish or final ball that has been our weakness all season.

I don’t think it provides answers to be fair but the questions are the same as they were.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Jan 28, 2023 6:14 pm

nicholaldo wrote:
Sat Jan 28, 2023 4:36 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
GhostoftheBok wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:

I suspect it wouldn't from Ghost, to be fair.
I was referring to the general tone. It's easy to get carried away, either way, and what I'm saying is that we shouldn't read too much into today's result. It could've so easily been different, and remarks on here would've reflected that.

Now then, the FGR performance? Absolutely count me in. 😉

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Jan 28, 2023 6:16 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sat Jan 28, 2023 6:07 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
I’m not convinced it was any different to a number of games this season where we could have bagged half a dozen but didn’t. Today it didn’t cost us.

It was a good performance. It’s the final finish or final ball that has been our weakness all season.

I don’t think it provides answers to be fair but the questions are the same as they were.
Are went saying the same, here?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Jan 28, 2023 6:28 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Sat Jan 28, 2023 6:16 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sat Jan 28, 2023 6:07 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:

Are went saying the same, here?
Pretty much I think. You can join my glass half empty club!

brommers95
Reliable
Reliable

Post by brommers95 » Sat Jan 28, 2023 6:31 pm

What a result! Charlton certainly had their moments but I think overall we were the better side.

On first glances, Adeboyejo and Jerome look like upgrades on the attacking options who have departed and Shoretire looks like a hell of a talent.

Interesting conundrum for Evatt next weekend as to who he plays at LWB. DJ put in a decent performance for someone who hasn’t played for over two months. (Assuming he doesn’t leave in the next few days).

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Jan 28, 2023 6:35 pm

brommers95 wrote:
Sat Jan 28, 2023 6:31 pm
What a result! Charlton certainly had their moments but I think overall we were the better side.

On first glances, Adeboyejo and Jerome look like upgrades on the attacking options who have departed and Shoretire looks like a hell of a talent.

Interesting conundrum for Evatt next weekend as to who he plays at LWB. DJ put in a decent performance for someone who hasn’t played for over two months. (Assuming he doesn’t leave in the next few days).
I’m sort of close to joining the social media hyperbole that it was the best performance from any left wing back we’ve had this season. I think on balance it was. The way he stretched them was superb. And I didn’t feel he was too bad defensively. Should have scored though. Also looked like he was physically struggling at times as you’d expect.