Will Lancashire triumph at Happy Valley? Charlton (A), Saturday, 28 January, 12:30pm

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Re: Will Lancashire triumph at Happy Valley? Charlton (A), Saturday, 28 January, 12:30pm

Post by GhostoftheBok » Mon Jan 30, 2023 3:43 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Mon Jan 30, 2023 12:17 pm
Just have to hope the soft goal losses we gave away earlier aren't the reason if we don't.
I think recently some of the really preventable goals have been caused by issues in that "defender stepping out" bit. Johnston vs Derby and then Jones vs Charlton, both stepping out of the left centre back role, spring to mind. That should fix itself with repetition.

Some soft goals, like concentration errors and spluttering due to quality are probably unavoidable at this level. It's often why these lads are in League One.

Our defensive record generally is good, but we're not scoring enough goals. Let's hope the new lads fix that issue.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Will Lancashire triumph at Happy Valley? Charlton (A), Saturday, 28 January, 12:30pm

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Jan 30, 2023 4:39 pm

Is there only me who thinks that Trafford should've done considerably better with Charlton's goal on Saturday?
Thankfully it didn't cost us in the end, but it looked like it should've been a routine save to me.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Jan 30, 2023 4:40 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Mon Jan 30, 2023 4:39 pm
Is there only me who thinks that Trafford should've done considerably better with Charlton's goal on Saturday?
Thankfully it didn't cost us in the end, but it looked like it should've been a routine save to me.
No, it's really not only you. But I think he's in credit.

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Mon Jan 30, 2023 4:41 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Wasn't his only one. Nearly did exactly the same with an earlier effort.

Had a poor game.

irie Cee Bee
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by irie Cee Bee » Mon Jan 30, 2023 5:18 pm

GhostoftheBok wrote:
Mon Jan 30, 2023 4:41 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Wasn't his only one. Nearly did exactly the same with an earlier effort.

Had a poor game.
Who wants to be a goalkeeper. Outfielders can mis-control a ball without a problem. not so a keeper. Outside of the goal which was savable, I thought he had a good game.

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Mon Jan 30, 2023 5:33 pm

irie Cee Bee wrote:
Mon Jan 30, 2023 5:18 pm
Who wants to be a goalkeeper. Outfielders can mis-control a ball without a problem. not so a keeper. Outside of the goal which was savable, I thought he had a good game.
Goalies do have it hard, yeah. He claimed some balls really bravely and generally controlled his area. All good. However, that goal was a howler. The other shot very nearly was too. Then he flapped at another and his kicking was awful.

He won't be happy with that performance.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Jan 30, 2023 5:43 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Should have done. In fairness to him it took a bounce right in front of him which I know makes them really tough to save. Not sure if it was partly the pitch.

I wasn’t overly convinced with his save from that Rak Saki bloke first half either. Looked like it was a fairly weak wristed save.

He’s generally been brilliant though….I have noted he is starting to flap a bit at crosses which is a bit concerning and not sure why he’s doing it.

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Mon Jan 30, 2023 5:49 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Jan 30, 2023 5:43 pm
I have noted he is starting to flap a bit at crosses which is a bit concerning and not sure why he’s doing it.
His timing has been off, yeah. I noticed watching the game back that he had some kind of arm injury. Do we know what went on there?

Spartan2
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Spartan2 » Mon Jan 30, 2023 5:57 pm

GhostoftheBok wrote:
Mon Jan 30, 2023 5:49 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
I have noted he is starting to flap a bit at crosses which is a bit concerning and not sure why he’s doing it.
His timing has been off, yeah. I noticed watching the game back that he had some kind of arm injury. Do we know what went on there?
Someone stood on his arm first half, didn't seem that bad.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Jan 30, 2023 6:25 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Should have done. In fairness to him it took a bounce right in front of him which I know makes them really tough to save. Not sure if it was partly the pitch.

I wasn’t overly convinced with his save from that Rak Saki bloke first half either. Looked like it was a fairly weak wristed save.

He’s generally been brilliant though….I have noted he is starting to flap a bit at crosses which is a bit concerning and not sure why he’s doing it.
Aye might have been getting a closer look had it been 1-0 Charlton... :-)

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Mon Jan 30, 2023 6:33 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Mon Jan 30, 2023 6:25 pm
Traf has been superb for us, but this is one of those situations where the shadow of the player will be bigger than the man.

Whoever follows him into nets will always be letting in shots Traf would have saved and making errors Traf would never had made - regardless of that fact that he's still fairly erratic by the standards to upper level keepers.

Saw someone suggesting the other day that Traf and Bradley might both be first 11 players in their respective Premier League teams next season. Hovered over the reply button, but thought better of it.

Needless to say, if Dixon had the same game Traf had on Saturday he'd be being slated.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Jan 30, 2023 6:40 pm

GhostoftheBok wrote:
Mon Jan 30, 2023 6:33 pm
Worthy4England wrote:
Mon Jan 30, 2023 6:25 pm
Traf has been superb for us, but this is one of those situations where the shadow of the player will be bigger than the man.

Whoever follows him into nets will always be letting in shots Traf would have saved and making errors Traf would never had made - regardless of that fact that he's still fairly erratic by the standards to upper level keepers.

Saw someone suggesting the other day that Traf and Bradley might both be first 11 players in their respective Premier League teams next season. Hovered over the reply button, but thought better of it.

Needless to say, if Dixon had the same game Traf had on Saturday he'd be being slated.
I think the Dixon thing, would have been much more likely coming on the back of clangers in the previous two games as well tbf...

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Mon Jan 30, 2023 6:44 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Mon Jan 30, 2023 6:40 pm
I think the Dixon thing, would have been much more likely coming on the back of clangers in the previous two games as well tbf...
Traf benefitted from coming in following some very dodgy keepers. He had really shaky games early on, but fans were forgiving because of what had gone before. He's now excellent, but not quite as good as people remember him being a month down the line.

The next keeper coming in will probably not get the same grace period to adapt and settle in. Which is a shame. That'll be exacerbated by the fact we will either be a level up or hoping for a title charge, so pressure will be higher.

Hope we sign someone with big shoulders.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Jan 30, 2023 6:51 pm

GhostoftheBok wrote:
Mon Jan 30, 2023 6:44 pm
Hope we sign someone with big shoulders.
And massive hands. :D

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Mon Jan 30, 2023 6:54 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Mon Jan 30, 2023 6:51 pm
And massive hands. :D
And a great big bushy beard!

maxresdefault.jpg
maxresdefault.jpg (39.77 KiB) Viewed 552 times

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Mon Jan 30, 2023 6:56 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Did think at the time, got told it was bollocks. Looks like it bobbled though tbf.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Jan 30, 2023 7:16 pm

Still think for a 19 year old Trafford is exceptional for a keeper. If you would say he had one potential weakness it would be height and physicality. Other than that he should be an absolutely brilliant keeper at the highest level in a couple of years time.

I think he may need to bulk up a little for that.

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Mon Jan 30, 2023 7:26 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Jan 30, 2023 7:16 pm
Still think for a 19 year old Trafford is exceptional for a keeper.
No doubt there. Should play at the top level when he's older.

KeyserSoze
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeyserSoze » Mon Jan 30, 2023 7:39 pm

https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/three-ta ... -assessed/

Always nice seeing positive words about the club from an outside observer.
Nero fiddles while Gordon Burns.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Mon Jan 30, 2023 10:14 pm

Goal was Deffo one for the keeper error column…it was a difficult pitch, and he did well with another bobbler in the first half I think. He is going to be hard to replace next season.