The Forest Green Green Grass of Home? FGR, (H) 24/01/23 7.45pm

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Re: The Forest Green Green Grass of Home? FGR, (H) 24/01/23 7.45pm

Post by GhostoftheBok » Wed Jan 25, 2023 10:59 am

DJBlu wrote:
Wed Jan 25, 2023 10:57 am
nor was Mario Jardel.
Some Icelanders threw a harpoon at him at the Walsall game, but no booing.

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Wed Jan 25, 2023 11:04 am

In other news, the wife has tested positive for Covid. I'm negative (and was before I went to the game), so I don't think I need to set the alarm bells off at Bolton. Will mean I definitely won't do Charlton, though, which was the plan.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Jan 25, 2023 11:05 am

GhostoftheBok wrote:
Wed Jan 25, 2023 11:04 am
In other news, the wife has tested positive for Covid. I'm negative (and was before I went to the game), so I don't think I need to set the alarm bells off at Bolton. Will mean I definitely won't do Charlton, though, which was the plan.
Hope all well.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Jan 25, 2023 11:07 am

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Wed Jan 25, 2023 11:05 am
GhostoftheBok wrote:
Wed Jan 25, 2023 11:04 am
Hope all well.
There was some talk around the fan base that Kacha had a cough.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Wed Jan 25, 2023 11:08 am

Just the one?
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Wed Jan 25, 2023 11:09 am

Hope all well.
Yes, thanks. Sudden bad fever late last night, but seems a lot better today. If anyone dies I'll let you know as soon as is convenient.

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Wed Jan 25, 2023 11:10 am

Prufrock wrote:
Wed Jan 25, 2023 11:08 am
Just the one?
He has a persistent tickle in the back of his throat, but it turned out to be that FGR defender's elbow.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Jan 25, 2023 11:14 am

GhostoftheBok wrote:
Wed Jan 25, 2023 11:09 am
Hope all well.
Yes, thanks. Sudden bad fever late last night, but seems a lot better today. If anyone dies I'll let you know as soon as is convenient.
Had it twice, each time I've been barely able to get out of bed for two or three days. Still a bit wheezy upon exertion - plays havoc with the defending. All the best

dave the minion
Reliable
Reliable

Post by dave the minion » Wed Jan 25, 2023 11:17 am

GhostoftheBok wrote:
Wed Jan 25, 2023 12:39 am
On the match - we were fantastic. I'm not overstating that, we were absolutely fecking magnificent.

I am livid with Kachunga, but the idea he was a passenger is just people seeing through the lens of their dislike for him. You do not perform as a team like that if everyone on the pitch isn't doing work. He absolutely shouldn't have gone off sooner, because we couldn't risk Lee in that type of game for too long. I'd genuinely have no issue if Evatt moved Kachunga out on loan (probably to Germany) before the window closes, but it won't be because Kacha didn't care about what he'd done. He was ashamed, not lazy.

Lee improved us when he came on, because he's just a better player. He and Dempsey caused them real issues as they chased the game and we probably should have scored another.

Santos was ridiculous. Quality in everything he did, both on and off the ball. Jones player the overlapping role really well. Bradley ran himself into the ground. I could go on.

I've read through and a lot on here hated that game. I loved it. That's everything I want to see from a team when things go against them. Resilience, intelligence and work rate.

That tells you more about who this group of players are than the 3-0 against Charlton, or most other games.

We need to get lads in to help the group in the next few days, but what a group they are. If you're not proud of this Bolton side (and the coaching team) you can bugger off. Every player Evatt puts out there works their bollocks off - which is why certain players don't get in the side. We need more quality, we will have off days, but Evatt has built a proper football team who fight for each other and give a shit. Long may that aspect continue.
Bravo sir. This, exactly....

Some of the negativity on here absolutely astounds me at times...

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Wed Jan 25, 2023 11:27 am

Just realised I wrote "Charlton" and meant "Barnsley"...must have had the next game on the brain.

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by malcd1 » Wed Jan 25, 2023 12:32 pm

My take on Kachunga last night, he was stupid and we were lucky not to drop points. I personally thought he worked hard throughout but he certainly doesn’t do it at the same intensity as Charles or Dempsey. That doesn’t mean he is slacking off or not trying (in my opinion).

With regards the cheering and booing, I sit in the East Upper and there were plenty near me doing it. I thought it was very harsh. Like him or loathe him, I would never boo a Bolton player. He isn’t my favourite player and I wouldn’t be disappointed if he left in the summer but I don’t think he has given less than his all for this football club.

Just my personal view and you are quite entitled to think I’m talking rubbish but he has done OK. Not great, just OK.
Do not trust atoms. They make up everything.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Jan 25, 2023 12:48 pm

malcd1 wrote:
Wed Jan 25, 2023 12:32 pm
My take on Kachunga last night, he was stupid and we were lucky not to drop points. I personally thought he worked hard throughout but he certainly doesn’t do it at the same intensity as Charles or Dempsey. That doesn’t mean he is slacking off or not trying (in my opinion).

With regards the cheering and booing, I sit in the East Upper and there were plenty near me doing it. I thought it was very harsh. Like him or loathe him, I would never boo a Bolton player. He isn’t my favourite player and I wouldn’t be disappointed if he left in the summer but I don’t think he has given less than his all for this football club.

Just my personal view and you are quite entitled to think I’m talking rubbish but he has done OK. Not great, just OK.
Pretty much where I'm at malc, plus the "did nothing club" must have been too busy booing when he put a decent pass to Bradley in the build up to the goal...

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Wed Jan 25, 2023 12:52 pm

FGR have sacked the manager.

I feel bad for him, as he's a good bloke and a decent coach; but if you can't get a result all season and then lose to 10 men (having been given 9 players) you have it coming.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Jan 25, 2023 12:53 pm

About the cheering/booing - it did sound (on the stream) like it was coming from all sides as Kacha went off. Not a 15,000-strong cauldron, but neither was it 15 gobshites. It surprised me, I'll admit.

Like many have said, I respect the rights of others to express opinions even if I don't share them. Not sure I've ever booed a Bolton player in 40 years. What I would say is that booing upon substitution is different to booing every touch or every bad touch. Yes, it might still affect the player's mentality, but it's not getting at him during the game.
Last edited by Dave Sutton's barnet on Wed Jan 25, 2023 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Jan 25, 2023 12:55 pm

GhostoftheBok wrote:
Wed Jan 25, 2023 12:52 pm
FGR have sacked the manager.

I feel bad for him, as he's a good bloke and a decent coach; but if you can't get a result all season and then lose to 10 men (having been given 9 players) you have it coming.
They let him sign 9 players, THEN flick him?

Or do they have more of a DoF setup there? I'm imagining Dale Vince checking everyone's teeth as if they're horses.

sonicthewhite
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by sonicthewhite » Wed Jan 25, 2023 1:00 pm

At least they let him sign Baka first before they punted him.
Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!

And the key to a result is a good :kettle:

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Wed Jan 25, 2023 1:03 pm

Wed Jan 25, 2023 12:55 pm
They let him sign 9 players, THEN flick him?

Or do they have more of a DoF setup there? I'm imagining Dale Vince checking everyone's teeth as if they're horses.
They did, but they're still rejigging behind the scenes after a couple of theirs got poached - including the DoF.

One of the reasons a young coach might not have been the best pick for them. They currently have an agent working with their CEO and the coaching staff as a sort of transfer committee, as I understand it. That may have changed recently, I don't know.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Jan 25, 2023 1:41 pm

Wed Jan 25, 2023 12:53 pm
About the cheering/booing - it did sound (on the stream) like it was coming from all sides as Kacha went off. Not a 15,000-strong cauldron, but neither was it 15 gobshites. It surprised me, I'll admit.

Like many have said, I respect the rights of others to express opinions even if I don't share them. Not sure I've ever booed a Bolton player in 40 years. What I would say is that booing upon substitution is different to booing every touch or every bad touch. Yes, it might still affect the player's mentality, but it's not getting at him during the game.
Really? I've seen it coming. As I've said the Accrington game should he play and we lose promises toxicity that will likely not be good.

The fans have been relatively patient considering and we've had players in the past given worse treatment for entirely ridiculous reasons - Pratley, Chris Taylor etc...

I think people are just exasperated.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Jan 25, 2023 2:08 pm

I think over the course of the season, belief in Kachunga has largely ebbed away. But I didn't expect that change from apathy to antipathy.

Maybe you see it more than me as you go to the home games and I do aways.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Jan 25, 2023 2:17 pm

Wed Jan 25, 2023 2:08 pm
I think over the course of the season, belief in Kachunga has largely ebbed away. But I didn't expect that change from apathy to antipathy.

Maybe you see it more than me as you go to the home games and I do aways.
TBH I've seen it more at some aways. Its in the context of a team doing relatively well. Were we struggling it would be a lot worse.

I'm not loud or a booer but I absolutely could see why it happened yesterday and maybe me saying it was 'justified' is or was harsh. But it certainly has been coming. And last night his 'efforts' were infuriating on a new level.

As someone remarked last night - the fans have loved pretty basic footballers in the past just for their effort. Baka being the latest example. Nobody had a bad word to say about him as he worked his socks off week in week out. I think that shows that this is less about ability and more about....well....what people see on the pitch as playing with heart, desire and all that. Mark Patterson another good example - pretty rubbish - gave it to Beckford etc but always showed up with a spirit and desire. Bolton fans are pretty kind compared to say Newcastle, West Ham etc...you have it relatively easy here. People just want to see triers.