Nothing Posh about pasties. V Peterborough away Sat 11-Feb 3,0'clock.

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Nothing Posh about pasties. V Peterborough away Sat 11-Feb 3,0'clock.

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Feb 10, 2023 7:05 am

GhostoftheBok wrote:
Thu Feb 09, 2023 9:08 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Thu Feb 09, 2023 8:36 pm
Look up Roy Keane's opinion on Darren Ferguson.
If you listen intently you'll hear me clapping in the background. 😊
He has 5 promotions. 4 with Peterborough. He can clearly get results at this level.

To say "Either Evatt always beats Ferguson, regardless of things like available players, or I'll worry about him" doesn't make much sense.
Taking everyone's comments too literally doesn't either. Breathe. Relax Find a neutral space. 😊
May the bridges I burn light your way

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Fri Feb 10, 2023 8:40 am

Who thinks Peterborough will be in the playoffs? If the answer is no we need to be winning…

Jones RWB for me and chuck the city kid in.

dave the minion
Reliable
Reliable

Post by dave the minion » Fri Feb 10, 2023 8:41 am

Worthy4England wrote:
Thu Feb 09, 2023 7:12 pm
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:24 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Thu Feb 09, 2023 1:26 pm
If Evatt can't outgun their clown then I shall become concerned.
Despite eight absentees?
I'm assuming our 8 are: Bradley, Iredale, Thomason, Isgrove, Williams, Bod, Dan and Kacha? If so, 2 are back - Randy & Dan. Do with the exception of Bradley, and having had a couple of weeks with no midweek fixture, we're not to far shy of full strength on the starting XI...
don't forget GJ - so that's actually 9 unavailable. And of that 9, arguably 4 shoe-ins in a normal starting 11 (Bradley, Iredale or Williams, Thomason, Bod).

Back in Sep - at home - we narrowly beat them 1-0. A lot has changed since then, but 6 of the starting line up in that game will not be available tomorrow (GJ, Brad, Iredale, MJ, Thomason, Kacha).
However, we do now have at our disposal Toal, Randy, Shoretire, Jerome, Vik, Mbete & Morley (in form, and as a starter)

I don't think i'd be too disappointed with a draw to be honest, but its definitely winnable

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Feb 10, 2023 10:52 am

dave the minion wrote:
Fri Feb 10, 2023 8:41 am

I don't think i'd be too disappointed with a draw to be honest, but its definitely winnable
Right now, a win; 4-45 on the day a desperate wish not to lose.

There is just no predictometer that can accurately forecast the top third results in this league; indeed, the rest of it will be a real survival scrap, but the top end can definitely be forecast correctly on one thing: a win at any costs approach by all. Right now, In terms of games played a far different picture would emerge if the top seven played catch up and won all their levelling games. We just have to hope our position can be determined by ourselves and not dependant on others losing. Focus on the job in hand is our best bet, which you can be sure Evatt is well aware of. A win and three points is the only path to take. We just hope we start on the right foot against the Posh. So..

COME ON YOU WHITES....

:Jedi: :oyea: :oyea: :oyea:

ae:)
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Feb 10, 2023 11:00 am

Worthy4England wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Despite eight absentees?
I'm assuming our 8 are: Bradley, Iredale, Thomason, Isgrove, Williams, Bod, Dan and Kacha? If so, 2 are back - Randy & Dan. Do with the exception of Bradley, and having had a couple of weeks with no midweek fixture, we're not to far shy of full strength on the starting XI...
Dan is still injured. So say BN. Funny how initial assessment of 2 or 3 weeks is growing.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Fri Feb 10, 2023 1:59 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Thu Feb 09, 2023 4:51 pm
truewhite15 wrote:
Thu Feb 09, 2023 4:46 pm
In which case, do you go Randell right and John left?
I’d still be tempted to use him off the bench. For either side depending on need. Jones RWB and John LWB. I think that asking RW who is way off full match fitness to play this would be too risky…not just for him but the game generally…he struggled at Derby. John has been poor but looks a bit fitter.
Wait, what?

The last game, everyone was shit!
The game before, we thought we'd signed a new flying fullback!
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Fri Feb 10, 2023 1:59 pm

1.5 games and he "looks poor" Fvck me
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Feb 10, 2023 2:12 pm

boltonboris wrote:
Fri Feb 10, 2023 1:59 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Thu Feb 09, 2023 4:51 pm
truewhite15 wrote:
Thu Feb 09, 2023 4:46 pm
In which case, do you go Randell right and John left?
I’d still be tempted to use him off the bench. For either side depending on need. Jones RWB and John LWB. I think that asking RW who is way off full match fitness to play this would be too risky…not just for him but the game generally…he struggled at Derby. John has been poor but looks a bit fitter.
Wait, what?

The last game, everyone was shit!
The game before, we thought we'd signed a new flying fullback!
He was poor last week and as others have shown it was not in ability but in general effort.

In haste to write I guess I should have said instead…was poor last week. But he’s been poor generally for a while….Charlton he looked great for a half and I hoped he’d kick on last week but for me went back to the reasons he probably hasn’t been picked….

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Feb 10, 2023 4:24 pm

Oscilliating between Roberto Carlos and Bob Charles

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Feb 10, 2023 4:37 pm

dave the minion wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Despite eight absentees?
don't forget GJ - so that's actually 9 unavailable. And of that 9, arguably 4 shoe-ins in a normal starting 11 (Bradley, Iredale or Williams, Thomason, Bod).

Back in Sep - at home - we narrowly beat them 1-0. A lot has changed since then, but 6 of the starting line up in that game will not be available tomorrow (GJ, Brad, Iredale, MJ, Thomason, Kacha).
However, we do now have at our disposal Toal, Randy, Shoretire, Jerome, Vik, Mbete & Morley (in form, and as a starter)

Guess where I was at DTM. is Bradley - yes he's a starter. The others there's probably a case either way based on options we have. Thomason was a shoo-in when he got injured, but then Morley hadn't hit overdrive, and Dempsey was hot and cold. Last few games, you'd probably say Thomason was playing his way in again (rotation notwithstanding). Fit Bod, maybe a starter, but has started less than 1/3 of our league games and we now have other options.

When you look across our likely starting XI - you'd probably say it's not far off decent - but it seems to be easier to focus on what we haven't got as some sort of mitigation to "we might get beat" than focus on what we do have available. Like you, I don't think a point would be a major disaster, but every week, we seem to line up reams and reams of "why we might not win"...I think some would have us believe we're lucky to have made it out of the relegation zone :-)

brommers95
Reliable
Reliable

Post by brommers95 » Fri Feb 10, 2023 6:15 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Fri Feb 10, 2023 4:37 pm
dave the minion wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Despite eight absentees?

Guess where I was at DTM. is Bradley - yes he's a starter. The others there's probably a case either way based on options we have. Thomason was a shoo-in when he got injured, but then Morley hadn't hit overdrive, and Dempsey was hot and cold. Last few games, you'd probably say Thomason was playing his way in again (rotation notwithstanding). Fit Bod, maybe a starter, but has started less than 1/3 of our league games and we now have other options.

When you look across our likely starting XI - you'd probably say it's not far off decent - but it seems to be easier to focus on what we haven't got as some sort of mitigation to "we might get beat" than focus on what we do have available. Like you, I don't think a point would be a major disaster, but every week, we seem to line up reams and reams of "why we might not win"...I think some would have us believe we're lucky to have made it out of the relegation zone :-)
A new left-sided defensive partnership of Mbete and John or Williams going up against probably the best RW/RWB in League One in Joe Ward doesn't fill me with confidence :?

I'd definitely take a point.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Feb 10, 2023 7:25 pm

brommers95 wrote:
Fri Feb 10, 2023 6:15 pm
Worthy4England wrote:
dave the minion wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Despite eight absentees?

A new left-sided defensive partnership of Mbete and John or Williams going up against probably the best RW/RWB in League One in Joe Ward doesn't fill me with confidence :?

I'd definitely take a point.
I wouldn't be unhappy with a point, particularly :-) . I guess it would be the same Ward who played v Wycombe, at home, 4 games back when they got beat 3-0? I only mention this by way of reference that they're not invincible, with him playing. We've signed a hatful of forwards and their defence ain't great (over 1 goal per game), so equally 4-3 to us would serve its purpose just as well. They've conceded at least 1 goal at home, more often than not.

We're talking like we'd be better just giving them all 3 points and having the weekend off...I'm not saying we should or will win and Ward might be the difference. Sometimes you need to try and take one against the head, even if it doesn't happen often.

sonicthewhite
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by sonicthewhite » Sat Feb 11, 2023 7:12 am

Sorry guys. I'm travelling around London all day so the kettle is not available. So Worthy or DJ will have to take up kettle duties as I don't think the Tea Drinking God's will accept the use of a British Rail tea urn :lol:
Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!

And the key to a result is a good :kettle:

dave the minion
Reliable
Reliable

Post by dave the minion » Sat Feb 11, 2023 8:45 am

Worthy4England wrote:

Agree with this. I wa also falling into the trap of focussing on who we don't have available, until I realised actually he we do have now. I think we exited the window stronger than we entered it, and despite the injuries I think we are a stronger and more cohesive team now.

For a bit of fun, comparing the starting line up from September with a possible for today, with who I think are the "stronger" players in bold, it doesn't look too bad....

SEPT FEB
Trafford Trafford
GJ Mbete
Santos Santos
Jones Jones
Bradley Toal
Iredale John
Dempsey Dempsey
MJ Morley
Thomason Shoretire
Kacha Vik
Charles Charles

(apologies but the formatting has gone all skewiff and I can't correct it....

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Feb 11, 2023 10:21 am

^^ We'll shit 'em. :-) 1-1.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Feb 11, 2023 10:30 am

sonicthewhite wrote:
Sat Feb 11, 2023 7:12 am
Sorry guys. I'm travelling around London all day so the kettle is not available. So Worthy or DJ will have to take up kettle duties as I don't think the Tea Drinking God's will accept the use of a British Rail tea urn :lol:
This is worse news than our injury list. I was going to replace our kettle last month. It's an OK kettle, but not as good as Peterborough's, which I understand can be used for Earl Grey and Lapsang Souchong. I'm worried about this, but I'll see if the neighbour will loan me theirs.

sonicthewhite
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by sonicthewhite » Sat Feb 11, 2023 11:06 am

Does Lapsong Souchong play up front for them? :conf: :lol:
Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!

And the key to a result is a good :kettle:

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Feb 11, 2023 11:18 am

sonicthewhite wrote:
Sat Feb 11, 2023 11:06 am
Best trequarista in the league!

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Feb 11, 2023 12:00 pm

sonicthewhite wrote:
Sat Feb 11, 2023 11:06 am
I believe Camomile has strained his Hornimans and is too weak to play. :shock:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sat Feb 11, 2023 12:00 pm

COYWM!!!