Nothing Posh about pasties. V Peterborough away Sat 11-Feb 3,0'clock.

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Nothing Posh about pasties. V Peterborough away Sat 11-Feb 3,0'clock.

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Feb 12, 2023 9:56 am

^^ I not sure it'll change much in terms of other Managers understanding of how we try and play. Not like yesterday's video will be a secret I wouldn't have thought, so I'm not sure Sheff Weds, for example, will be sat there thinking they now need to park the bus. At the other end, I doubt Morecambe could get a bigger bus...

As Insano says, trying to get the can opener to work is key, but that was the case anyhow which was part of the "who we recruit" not-a-plan...What we might have seen yesterday with the two pens is that the block might meet the need to tackle more accurately and if they counter by trying to force the tackle outside the box, they probably give a bit more room behind...

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sun Feb 12, 2023 10:08 am

Oh indeed. I doubt Wednesday will sit back at Hillsborough. But it might sway a few more managers to sit deep at ours. Perhaps lucky we haven’t got many top teams to play at home. Shrewsbury will sit….

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sun Feb 12, 2023 10:29 am

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sun Feb 12, 2023 11:22 am

Can I just say, fecking unreal result and performance.

Watch Dion's interview if you can. The lad has confidence. Posh players trying to put him off at the penalty responds with I'm gonna score even if I tell you where I'm putting it.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sun Feb 12, 2023 11:38 am

DJBlu wrote:
Sun Feb 12, 2023 11:22 am
Can I just say, fecking unreal result and performance.

Watch Dion's interview if you can. The lad has confidence. Posh players trying to put him off at the penalty responds with I'm gonna score even if I tell you where I'm putting it.

Quite narrow-shouldered in that suit. Something late-80s about him.

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Sun Feb 12, 2023 5:31 pm

We've gone away and given two good sides absolute shoeings. One based on tactical dominance and one based on winning every individual duel.

We've won the last two home games despite ridiculous situations. Down to 10 for most of one and barely being able to play for half of another.

Tuesday is a home game where the other team will try to play through midfield and it *should* result in our first home game since Pompey where we can just put our foot on the gas and wallop a team.

Not fussed anymore about low blocks, mid blocks etc. Something has clicked in the heads of a few of these lads since Derby and we've seen a determination in every action. If we can maintain that attitude we have the tools in this squad to beat anyone at this level.

We'll lose games, including some we shouldn't; but we'll beat most sides from now on if we can live with the fixture congestion.

Those are the two issues - can we maintain the mentality and can we stay fit? The manager and the talent are there to get us up. Again, if we don't go up this season we will go up automatically next season unless something dramatically shifts at the club. This is as good as we've been in many years and it's a consistent upwards trend, not a purple patch.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Feb 12, 2023 6:23 pm

Yeah agree with that.We seem more determined since the pre Christmas run kicked in and I think the mentality has shifted a bit,

Also it’s keeping the mentality going and fitness as stated,

If we went into the play offs with the sort of form and application we have now I’d fancy us. But there is a long way to go still.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Feb 12, 2023 6:50 pm

I'm fairly sure some folks got a bit excited about this time last season too, with some pretty unlikely maths in front of us. That maths is much better this year as is the squad, overall.

Watching the game this morning, for me, the biggest difference was everything we hit went in and everything they hit didn't. Their defending was pretty poor when it mattered, but we knew they had a fairly leaky defence.

I was wondering, if I didn't know the score and edited the footage so that you couldn't see the "outcome" of the shots, what score I'd have gone for. Probably not a delightful 0-5.

I'll have points on the board vs chasing with games in hand, but we're the 2 teams below us to win their games in hand, we'd be sat in 7th, currently? So plenty left to do in the remaining matches.

Shout out to the two Peterborough commentators for their undying optimism...

0-1 - We'll have to show our mettle
0-2 - HT - the next goal will be important
0-3 - Do you remember that 5-4 game
0-4 - It's now set up perfectly for that 5-4 game
0-5 - 85 minutes, it's not impossible to score 5 in 5 minutes and there should be some injury time

Fair play for that level of sunshinyness

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Feb 12, 2023 7:04 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Sun Feb 12, 2023 6:50 pm
I'm fairly sure some folks got a bit excited about this time last season too, with some pretty unlikely maths in front of us. That maths is much better this year as is the squad, overall.

Watching the game this morning, for me, the biggest difference was everything we hit went in and everything they hit didn't. Their defending was pretty poor when it mattered, but we knew they had a fairly leaky defence.

I was wondering, if I didn't know the score and edited the footage so that you couldn't see the "outcome" of the shots, what score I'd have gone for. Probably not a delightful 0-5.

I'll have points on the board vs chasing with games in hand, but we're the 2 teams below us to win their games in hand, we'd be sat in 7th, currently? So plenty left to do in the remaining matches.

Shout out to the two Peterborough commentators for their undying optimism...

0-1 - We'll have to show our mettle
0-2 - HT - the next goal will be important
0-3 - Do you remember that 5-4 game
0-4 - It's now set up perfectly for that 5-4 game
0-5 - 85 minutes, it's not impossible to score 5 in 5 minutes and there should be some injury time

Fair play for that level of sunshinyness
I admire your feet on the ground resolute approach. Though 6th not 7th even if every team round us won every game in hand…

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Feb 12, 2023 7:12 pm

^^ wouldn't all of Wycombe, Barnsley and Derby go un front by winning their games in hand?

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Sun Feb 12, 2023 7:13 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sun Feb 12, 2023 7:04 pm
I admire your feet on the ground resolute approach. Though 6th not 7th even if every team round us won every game in hand…
Which isn't possible, because they play each other.

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Sun Feb 12, 2023 7:19 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Sun Feb 12, 2023 7:12 pm
^^ wouldn't all of Wycombe, Barnsley and Derby go un front by winning their games in hand?
No. Wycombe have 2 games in hand and are 9 points behind.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Feb 12, 2023 8:01 pm

GhostoftheBok wrote:
Sun Feb 12, 2023 7:19 pm
Worthy4England wrote:
Sun Feb 12, 2023 7:12 pm
No. Wycombe have 2 games in hand and are 9 points behind.
Yeah, I was probably forward thinking that if they beat us on 18th, they'd be 6 and 2 games in hand...that's my excuse and I'm sticking with it! :-)

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Feb 12, 2023 8:01 pm

My mind is more at rest :-)

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Mon Feb 13, 2023 8:12 am

Could somebody do me a massive favour please?

Could somebody log into the bwfc website and go to the match report of the Peterborough game and try and play the match.

https://www.bwfc.co.uk/matches/fixtures ... 11-feb-23/

This link.

Or this one try this one.

https://www.bwfc.co.uk/matches/fixtures ... video=true

I can't get any to play and am beginning to think they have done something to my account.

knobpolisher
Reliable
Reliable

Post by knobpolisher » Mon Feb 13, 2023 8:23 am

I go to the website and take the ifollow drop down top of screen then select latest videos and can then play any of them.
People haven't got a good word for you, but i have T**T.

knobpolisher
Reliable
Reliable

Post by knobpolisher » Mon Feb 13, 2023 8:25 am

The links you supply I think were for the match when it was in progress as they appear to be dead links
People haven't got a good word for you, but i have T**T.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Mon Feb 13, 2023 9:05 am

knobpolisher wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2023 8:23 am
I go to the website and take the ifollow drop down top of screen then select latest videos and can then play any of them.
Cheers, that works just wondering if the issue is for everyone or just me on the watch video button.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Mon Feb 13, 2023 9:09 am

knobpolisher wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2023 8:25 am
The links you supply I think were for the match when it was in progress as they appear to be dead links
They're not dead links as they are the ones from the video page too. I can't watch a replay of any game other than the Peterborough game.

I think they've not fixed the issue from the weekend. Hope they sort it out before tomorrow night.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Mon Feb 13, 2023 9:10 am

What an unbelievable game that was! Not quite the utter domination you'd expect from a 5-0 win, but we were incredibly ruthless and efficient.

A Historic day for the club

Just gutted I wasn't there - We chose between Wycombe and Posh and went with Wycombe as it'd be a new ground for us :-(
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"