Wycombe in peace, Wycombe (A) 3pm 18/02/23

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

The_Gun
Passionate
Passionate

Wycombe in peace, Wycombe (A) 3pm 18/02/23

Post by The_Gun » Thu Feb 16, 2023 10:39 am

One of the imposter Wanderers they may be, but a club that were very kind to us when we were at out lowest ebb, and one thusly held in high regard by many Bolton fans. I believe there is also some connection between Wycombe and our current chair person, who I understand lives somewhere nearby.

No animosity off the pitch then, and we do indeed come in peace, but on the pitch Wycombe are a notoriously difficult proposition and we can expect a very challenging game on Saturday. The Chairboys have won 7 of their last 9, with the two defeats in there coming at the hands of league leaders Wednesday and Plymouth.

Bolton of course head down to Bucks in the highest of spirits, coming off the back of dolling out two thumpings, and with a pizza trophy semi-final on the horizon.

Barring injuries, the only selection queries are presumably whether Conor Bradley immediately regains his place over the in-form Gethin Jones, and what combination of forwards Ian Evatt chooses to start ahead of Kieran Lee. Shola Shoretire I think may be working his way towards being 'undroppable', but will the expected physicality of the opposition tempt our glorious leader into playing one of the more robust Jerome or Adeboyejo?

Let's hope that come 5pm on Saturday afternoon the automatic places are still a live dream, and as ever COYWM!

DJBlu
Site Admin

Re: Wycombe in peace, Wycombe (A) 3pm 18/02/23

Post by DJBlu » Thu Feb 16, 2023 10:53 am

All I have to say on this matter is

COYWM!!!

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Thu Feb 16, 2023 11:06 am

I'm going to this. Never been to Adams Park, so looking forward to visiting!

I'd honestly take a draw to keep them behind us, with their form.

They're proper bad time wasters too. So going behind makes it a very difficult and frustrating endeavour. We need to be at our very best
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

barmaidalex
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by barmaidalex » Thu Feb 16, 2023 12:55 pm

We’re still here! My boss (I work there) got a phone call yesterday asking if we were still open. Despite nonsense rumours we will as usual be open from 11.30 am, and on match days we only let in ‘away’ fans to our pub! Plenty of lagers, pool, plus entertainment before the game with stunning exotic dancers from 12.30. The White Horse is on the main A40 West Wycombe Road , some parking, more nearby – about 25 minutes from the ground at a brisk walk – or we’ll call you a cab. No admission charge but no under 18’s!

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Feb 16, 2023 1:05 pm

barmaidalex wrote:
Thu Feb 16, 2023 12:55 pm
We’re still here! My boss (I work there) got a phone call yesterday asking if we were still open. Despite nonsense rumours we will as usual be open from 11.30 am, and on match days we only let in ‘away’ fans to our pub! Plenty of lagers, pool, plus entertainment before the game with stunning exotic dancers from 12.30. The White Horse is on the main A40 West Wycombe Road , some parking, more nearby – about 25 minutes from the ground at a brisk walk – or we’ll call you a cab. No admission charge but no under 18’s!
Nice promo post, but we'll let you get away with it this time, exotic dancers and all. :lol: .
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Feb 16, 2023 1:09 pm

Nice thread title Gun. Beats my "Wandering round Wycombe". I hope we can keep the momentum going, but maybe not 5-0, still stranger things have happened. COME ON YOU WHITES... :oyea: :oyea:

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Thu Feb 16, 2023 1:30 pm

Lot of time for the club and their fans, can't be doing with the team. That's one part grudging respect (there are many ways to play the game, they're effective and have been so successful doing it) and one user part oh ffs they're time wasting again 8 minutes in.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Thu Feb 16, 2023 3:34 pm

We know what we're in for, the question is whether we can handle it or not.

Get that line high, press them when you can and win those duels. Dead simple.

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Thu Feb 16, 2023 7:58 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Thu Feb 16, 2023 1:30 pm
oh ffs they're time wasting again 8 minutes in.

Doubt it. They'll be 0-1 down by then (Santos, asst Lee).

5 wins in 5, so I imagine we're due a bump. A draw will be fine.
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Thu Feb 16, 2023 9:27 pm

Will accept a draw vs Vale or someone. We do need to beat Wycombe. I want them out of the equation, at least in their heads.

It's one of the toughest fixtures in this division, but sod it. We're good at the minute. Far from perfect, but good enough to go there get a result.

I do worry that we will have to defend better than we have the past two games though, in terms of detail. Wycombe would have scored a couple if handed the openings we gave Posh and MK.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Feb 17, 2023 10:49 am

GhostoftheBok wrote:
Thu Feb 16, 2023 9:27 pm
Will accept a draw vs Vale or someone. We do need to beat Wycombe. I want them out of the equation, at least in their heads.

It's one of the toughest fixtures in this division, but sod it. We're good at the minute. Far from perfect, but good enough to go there get a result.

I do worry that we will have to defend better than we have the past two games though, in terms of detail. Wycombe would have scored a couple if handed the openings we gave Posh and MK.
There's a decent case that Posh should have had a couple, given the chances they created, and if you stop the clock on them at the point of contact/shot, I think many would have said "yeah, that's going in from there"...

We don't need a 5-0 tomorrow, a scrawpy off Santos's butt hat-trick would serve just as well!

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Feb 17, 2023 1:43 pm

Quick summary: While we're wandering round Wycombe on the morrow, Ipswich (play Forest Green ,) are 2 points behind us but with a game in hand) Derby (5 points behind but 2 games in hand). Barnsley play Cheltenham away tomorrow and are 6 point behind us but with 3 games in hand. In short, we're still vulnerable and we need to keep winning to keep things as they are. .We lose, Ipswich win and they leapfrog us back to fourth. (Hope all this is correct?)

It's all very tight around the thermal Y fronts and it isn't "Where no vultures fly" because they're all hovering menacingly. Keep the focus and COME ON YOU WHITES. :oyea: :oyea: :oyea:

ae:)

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Feb 18, 2023 1:19 am

I have it on good authority, that we might shit 'em...COYWM.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Feb 18, 2023 11:58 am

Hoping any mention of Cups etc,etc, has been firmly banished till Sunday at least and that all the team's attentions are focussed on who are the one and only Wanderers. Today really is critical and whilst any sort of a win will be welcomed, it will be really lovely if we can continue our charge and do it in style. With our new faces eager to take the spotlight, teamwork, as ever is the key. So let rip and let em have it lads... :Jedi: :oyea: :oyea:

ae:)

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Feb 18, 2023 12:16 pm

I think my Out of countryness has deffo been rumbled. Minute I try and log in with VPN on, it just rejects my login...Plan B.

knobpolisher
Reliable
Reliable

Post by knobpolisher » Sat Feb 18, 2023 12:31 pm

I was logged in with no vpn, set vpn to Germany and was able to buy a match pass 11 euros. I logged out, with vpn on , then logged back in and was still OK to purchase a video pass. Just for info I'm nordvpn.
People haven't got a good word for you, but i have T**T.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Feb 18, 2023 12:47 pm

knobpolisher wrote:
Sat Feb 18, 2023 12:31 pm
I was logged in with no vpn, set vpn to Germany and was able to buy a match pass 11 euros. I logged out, with vpn on , then logged back in and was still OK to purchase a video pass. Just for info I'm nordvpn.
Yeah - I think they've flagged my main account - so I've set up a new one, with a different country of residence (but UK postcode) - hoping that when I go to buy a ticket - which is now available to me - they don't do a cross-check. What a palaver. Long live Jean-Luc Labonbon formerly known as Worthy4england!

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sat Feb 18, 2023 1:16 pm

COYWM!!!

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Feb 18, 2023 1:58 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Sat Feb 18, 2023 12:47 pm
knobpolisher wrote:
Sat Feb 18, 2023 12:31 pm
Yeah - I think they've flagged my main account - so I've set up a new one, with a different country of residence (but UK postcode) - hoping that when I go to buy a ticket - which is now available to me - they don't do a cross-check. What a palaver. Long live Jean-Luc Labonbon formerly known as Worthy4england!
Jean-Luc, est-ce qu'il preferez la biere ou la vin?

Nearly team time. I'd go Shola and Dion with Lee stiffening midfield at 10, but let's see.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Feb 18, 2023 2:00 pm

Same back three; Geth goes LWB; Shola at 10 behind Victor and Dion.