Wembley Details

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Re: Wembley Details

Post by truewhite15 » Mon Apr 03, 2023 7:23 pm

Generally pleased with the whole experience. Staff seemed a bit joyless when I tried to engage with them, but they've got a job to do. Fanzone looked alright from afar, but wouldn't have let me in with my coke bottle, so no dice. Food inside was reasonable in both price and quality.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Apr 03, 2023 7:33 pm

We need the big news. Did you get to leave your bag on the charra? :-)

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Post by truewhite15 » Mon Apr 03, 2023 7:55 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Mon Apr 03, 2023 7:33 pm
We need the big news. Did you get to leave your bag on the charra? :-)
:mrgreen:

Aye, no issues in the end at all. Doubted there would be, but then the wife says to me the night before, "are you sure you can leave stuff on there? What if it gets stolen??"

Which was nice of her.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Apr 03, 2023 8:05 pm

Flanners winced as he paid a tenner for a burger on Wembley Way. Two minutes later, I winked as I paid £1.80 for a cheese and onion pastie from the Co-Op :D

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Apr 05, 2023 1:41 pm

I think its really polished Wembley isn't it? Easy in - easy out. They seem to have got the whole 'staggering entrance and exit' thing finely tuned.

They need bigger fanzones outside though. Massive queue that hardly anyone in was going to actually get to the front of. Or just shift all that stuff down Wembley way...I know the drinking licensing issue...sure...but for that reason alone it feels a bit like there isn't a lot to do if you are there pre match other than go into the stadium (which ain't a bad thing in itself but feels a bit odd).

But can't really fault it beyond that. A superb stadium. Superb facilities. Well organised. I thought the atmosphere was absolutely banging - it was hard to judge that after Stoke as we'd not had a lot to shout about. I hear a lot of people say Wembley is poor for atmosphere due to the design but I thought it was really good. Everything is expensive sure...but I feel no more than is par for the course at these sorts of things.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Wed Apr 05, 2023 1:48 pm

Pint of Budweiser was £5.60 vs £4.80 for Madri at Bolton
4 Jumbo Sausage Rolls for £10.00
Much nicer Hot Dog with all the trimmings was £7.00 v £5.20 (I think) at BWFC

Sure, some of the gourmet stuff was expensive from the private vendors who rent the space from Wembley, but that's to be expected - A couple in our group had a very, very tasty G&T but at £9.50 for a little plastic ware cooler cup full was a bit steep

So to summarise, miles cheaper than I expected and the queues went down very quickly - Only criticism was that whilst there's bags and bags of space, areas to stick your pint down and lean on something were very few and far between
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"