Kippers, Shrimp boats and quicksands. Away to Morecambe Sat, Mar 5th 12-30 kick off.

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Kippers, Shrimp boats and quicksands. Away to Morecambe Sat, Mar 5th 12-30 kick off.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Mar 02, 2023 11:42 am

"Shrimp boats is a-coming, their sails are in sight"...so goes the song..Can the Whites steer clear of the Shrimpers and sail in on the tide into clear waters and a catch of three points? The table shows we have exactly double their total, 62 to 31, so in effect we just cannot afford another loss after the Portsmouth debacle. With only having to travel as far as you can throw a kipper, tiredness won't wash and getting bogged down in quicksand is just the stuff of bad dreams. Talking of a loss can only refer to busted shrimp nets and not the one we need to be bursting at the Mazuma Stadium come Saturday.

(Every time I see the name "Cole Stockton". I always think of the baddie in a Clint Eastwood Western. Let's hope the Whites heroes are quicker on the draw, because a draw we do not need...)

At the ready.. :Jedi:

ae:)
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Kippers, Shrimp boats and quicksands. Away to Morecambe Sat, Mar 5th 3-0'clock

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Mar 02, 2023 1:15 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Thu Mar 02, 2023 12:20 pm
I doff my cap, Sir. This is a thing if beauty.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Re: Kippers, Shrimp boats and quicksands. Away to Morecambe Sat, Mar 5th 3-0'clock

Post by DJBlu » Thu Mar 02, 2023 6:07 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Thu Mar 02, 2023 12:20 pm
If this doesn't work then I don't know what will.

Where was this spirit the past few games?

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Re: Kippers, Shrimp boats and quicksands. Away to Morecambe Sat, Mar 5th 12-30 kick off.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Mar 02, 2023 11:12 pm

Please note; Kick-off now 12-30...

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Kippers, Shrimp boats and quicksands. Away to Morecambe Sat, Mar 5th 12-30 kick off.

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Mar 03, 2023 8:56 am

TANGODANCER wrote:
Thu Mar 02, 2023 11:12 pm
How come? Does this mean it’ll be on ifollow or are we on telly?

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Fri Mar 03, 2023 9:04 am

At the request of the police I think - not on Telly as far as I am aware. Maybe on iFollow?

Be a tough game this one, if we’re not at it we will struggle. We’ve enough quality to freshen that side. Hopefully Jerome can play some part.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Mar 03, 2023 9:25 am

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Fri Mar 03, 2023 8:56 am
TANGODANCER wrote:
There still seems to be some concern, especially from their manager, about trouble occurring between rival fans. Bolton fans causing trouble? As if....Apart from Gary Cooper stating High Noon, I've never known trouble to work to timetables. :Jedi: :box:

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Mar 03, 2023 9:29 am

TANGODANCER wrote:
Fri Mar 03, 2023 9:25 am
Fri Mar 03, 2023 8:56 am
TANGODANCER wrote:
There still seems to be some concern, especially from their manager, about trouble occurring between rival fans. Bolton fans causing trouble? As if....Apart from Gary Cooper stating High Noon, I've never known trouble to work to timetables. :Jedi: :box:
They might also want to park fcuking Santa somewhere other than directly behind our bench - that would get rid of a fair chunk.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Fri Mar 03, 2023 10:49 am

A much tougher game than appears on paper. We really should win, if we have any play-off or top 2 hopes. However, their home form has been strong recently

Since the turn of the year, they have beaten everybody at home, except Peterborough and have scored 15 goals in those 5 games
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Mar 03, 2023 12:25 pm

boltonboris wrote:
Fri Mar 03, 2023 10:49 am
A much tougher game than appears on paper. We really should win, if we have any play-off or top 2 hopes. However, their home form has been strong recently

Since the turn of the year, they have beaten everybody at home, except Peterborough and have scored 15 goals in those 5 games
A good time to upset the apple cart then (or the shrimp stall) . When you're sure you'll win based on form, that's prime time to tear up the form book and upset the bookies. We know about such things. Catch em napping when they least expect it. :laugh: :zzz:

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Mar 03, 2023 12:31 pm

Cheers for info. If it's not on TV and is outside the 3-5pm bubble it should be on UK iFollow, and indeed it is: https://www.bwfc.co.uk/ifollow/subscribe/

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Mar 03, 2023 2:12 pm

Fri Mar 03, 2023 12:31 pm
Cheers for info. If it's not on TV and is outside the 3-5pm bubble it should be on UK iFollow, and indeed it is: https://www.bwfc.co.uk/ifollow/subscribe/
Thanks DSB. Having had a bit of a tempestuous relationship between my virtual whereabouts and accessing iFollow recently, I might have to mention that the last two I managed to see over iFollow, were Wycombe and Pompey...This might let Lever End off the hook a bit...

The_Gun
Passionate
Passionate

Post by The_Gun » Fri Mar 03, 2023 2:32 pm

Frigging Morecambe, eh? I'm not sure a bunch of absolute shithouses on a bad pitch is what we need right now, but unfortunately we don't have much choice.

A degree of uncertainty, as usual, regarding the fitness of our players, but my main wish is for a left footer to play on the left hand side of the back three. Sounds like Johnston is still a week of, so that means starting Mbete and shifting Toal back to the right, for me. I know Geth wasn't bad on Tuesday, but I think we're appreciably worse defensively when we throw the balance off by playing him or Toal on the left.

One of those 'must win' games really, and the players will know that, so it brings mental pressure. Let's see what we're made of.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Fri Mar 03, 2023 3:04 pm

One of Toal, geth or Bradley miss out for me - it’s probably Toal who has played the most football, but it doesn’t feel like Bradley’s game on Saturday.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Mar 03, 2023 3:06 pm

The_Gun wrote:
Fri Mar 03, 2023 2:32 pm
Frigging Morecambe, eh? I'm not sure a bunch of absolute shithouses on a bad pitch is what we need right now, but unfortunately we don't have much choice.

A degree of uncertainty, as usual, regarding the fitness of our players, but my main wish is for a left footer to play on the left hand side of the back three. Sounds like Johnston is still a week of, so that means starting Mbete and shifting Toal back to the right, for me. I know Geth wasn't bad on Tuesday, but I think we're appreciably worse defensively when we throw the balance off by playing him or Toal on the left.

One of those 'must win' games really, and the players will know that, so it brings mental pressure. Let's see what we're made of.
Agree with trying to keep players on their natural side and I suspect we'll face low block and counter. I think we could go Geth as RWB this game. Bradley looks pooped.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Fri Mar 03, 2023 3:21 pm

I posted on the Pompey thread that this squad has overcome several tricky obstacles and got through games where previous Wanderers squads have come unstuck. I don't see them doing it on this occasion though.

We look knackered. Our best players this season have all seen a recent dip in form, the new guys are either injured or unimpressive up to now. It's a small ground, physical team, sold out away end and an incompetent ref. We're going to collapse like a cheap pack of cards or a Phil Parkinson championship team.

0-2 defeat.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Fri Mar 03, 2023 4:11 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Fri Mar 03, 2023 2:12 pm
Thanks DSB. Having had a bit of a tempestuous relationship between my virtual whereabouts and accessing iFollow recently, I might have to mention that the last two I managed to see over iFollow, were Wycombe and Pompey...This might let Lever End off the hook a bit...
Solidarity, comrade.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Mar 03, 2023 4:22 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
Fri Mar 03, 2023 4:11 pm
Worthy4England wrote:
Fri Mar 03, 2023 2:12 pm
Solidarity, comrade.
:-)

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:01 pm

New month. New vigour. Let's start it with 3 points.

COYWM!!!