A switch of the (h) Ips and we're gone..Home V THE Tractor Boys Sat 11th Mar. 3-0'clock

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Re: A switch of the (h) Ips and we're gone..Home V THE Tractor Boys Sat 11th Mar. 3-0'clock

Post by LeverEnd » Sat Mar 11, 2023 3:52 pm

Sounds like they've got the measure of us too. Can't see anything from this now. Probably finish 2-0. I'm not watching though. Any signs of optimism from those who are?
We've 2 very different strikers on the bench though, so options to go for it towards the end.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Re: A switch of the (h) Ips and we're gone..Home V THE Tractor Boys Sat 11th Mar. 3-0'clock

Post by Prufrock » Sat Mar 11, 2023 3:53 pm

Well that was bobbins. He's picked the wrong team. Geth wasn't a LWB in L2, he certainly isn't here. And frankly Mbete is just rubbish.

Shoretire not offering enough either. He's clearly got talent but it's men against boys in there.

Randy for Mbete and Lee for Shola for me.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Mar 11, 2023 3:54 pm

Let’s be honest. It’s men against boys. Ipswich completely in control. Swatting us away with ease.

They are just better.

The goal shows it. A kid in Mbete looking like a kid. Then cut open. Santos moving so slowly you’d think he’s in quicksand.

They are first to the ball all over. Their midfield is on top of ours every time. Shoretire looks a massive error. A kid. Doesn’t know what he’s doing. Just aimless running to nothing.

It’s men against boys. And it’s freezing.

This is Wigan last season all over again.
Last edited by BWFC_Insane on Sat Mar 11, 2023 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sat Mar 11, 2023 3:55 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Sat Mar 11, 2023 3:51 pm
They weren’t very good but we were worse, conceding through a catalogue of errors - poor Mbete ball, Jones flat-footed, no cover, Santos sold by Hirst.

Haven’t looked like creating much. As noted, can’t even really discern intended patterns of play. Poor.
I think that's a touch harsh. We've been bobbins but few teams come here and strangle us. They've shut everything down. They haven't created loads, but have swallowed us up and then scored a v good goal (as bad as it was from our point of view).

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Mar 11, 2023 3:56 pm

Feels like a bellwether 45 coming up.

If we fail to score - as we usually do against the better teams - then it’s no real stretch to imagine us losing at Hillsborough, then Wembley, then limping to the end of the season.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Mar 11, 2023 3:59 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Sat Mar 11, 2023 3:55 pm
They weren’t very good but we were worse, conceding through a catalogue of errors - poor Mbete ball, Jones flat-footed, no cover, Santos sold by Hirst.

Haven’t looked like creating much. As noted, can’t even really discern intended patterns of play. Poor.
I think that's a touch harsh. We've been bobbins but few teams come here and strangle us. They've shut everything down. They haven't created loads, but have swallowed us up and then scored a v good goal (as bad as it was from our point of view).
Which bit’s harsh? They haven’t IMO looked very good; other opponents have looked better. But I did say their goal was well taken. And it’s not like we’ve made them look poor because we’ve looked any good; we haven’t.

It’s perfectly possible for both teams to underwhelm, and IMO both did. Ipswich currently look like they’re better than us, but I won’t be down the bookies betting on their promotion.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Mar 11, 2023 4:02 pm

Sat Mar 11, 2023 3:56 pm
Feels like a bellwether 45 coming up.

If we fail to score - as we usually do against the better teams - then it’s no real stretch to imagine us losing at Hillsborough, then Wembley, then limping to the end of the season.
If I’d said that….we are very flat. I mean I disagree with you on them. They look a great side. Best I’ve seen this season bar Wednesday. But you can almost tell with this bolton side after ten minutes. And it feels flat and dead all round.

This game is done. Like done and dusted. They have to find a way to somehow raise performances and quickly. But my concern over Shoretire is well placed. Initial burst. But how….anyone who claims he’s an upgrade on Dapo is off their rocker. He’s a kid. He’s way short of a top end of league one game.

Mbete too. A kid. You get away with him against the dross. But these games against good sides are exposing him. Johnston coming back helps.

My main concern is the midfield. We are completely off the pace there and have been since the semi final. Morley looks shot. Dempsey maybe has other concerns…it’s completely second best.

We feel like a team that needs another mid season reinvention. Not sure how.

Bertie Wooster
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bertie Wooster » Sat Mar 11, 2023 4:03 pm

HMX wrote:
Sat Mar 11, 2023 3:50 pm
DJBlu wrote:
Sat Mar 11, 2023 3:47 pm
Mbete ffs, Jones, expect that pass you tit. Defending, atrocious.

What are we trying to achieve? The ball is down the channels with no purpose. Losing it in midfield and misplacing the passing all over the park.
I don’t know what the plan is.
I'm not sure that Evatt does.

Ipswich bossing the game IMO loads more shots than us. Very sloppy - far too much tippy tappy fcuking around at the back for me it just shows how far behind the top teams we are in regards to tactics, quality, it's men against boys at times in regards decision making, nous, experience.

At least we are in the Papa Johns Trophy final.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sat Mar 11, 2023 4:05 pm

Sat Mar 11, 2023 3:59 pm
Prufrock wrote:
Sat Mar 11, 2023 3:55 pm

Which bit’s harsh? They haven’t IMO looked very good; other opponents have looked better. But I did say their goal was well taken. And it’s not like we’ve made them look poor because we’ve looked any good; we haven’t.

It’s perfectly possible for both teams to underwhelm, and IMO both did. Ipswich currently look like they’re better than us, but I won’t be down the bookies betting on their promotion.
Them not looking good. Slightly alarmed I'm agreeing with insane here ( :D ) but they look the best side we've played other than weds. They haven't cut us open with free following football, but they've basically made us play it like an away game. Swallowed us up and had us under pressure the whole half.

They've clearly got a wobble in them, so I'm not giving up, but going to need a big improvement.

Spartan2
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Spartan2 » Sat Mar 11, 2023 4:08 pm

Don't think it's anything like as bad as people are making out. Second best certainly, but not terrible. Shoretire is making it like playing with 10, he's just miles off mens football, and it's hurting us in midfield.

Bertie Wooster
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bertie Wooster » Sat Mar 11, 2023 4:09 pm

Why Jones at LWB when we have Declan John & signed a LWB in the window Randall ?

Our tactics are very poor, fcuk about at the back for an age & then just lump it forward.

Bertie Wooster
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bertie Wooster » Sat Mar 11, 2023 4:10 pm

Spartan2 wrote:
Sat Mar 11, 2023 4:08 pm
Don't think it's anything like as bad as people are making out. Second best certainly, but not terrible. Shoretire is making it like playing with 10, he's just miles off mens football, and it's hurting us in midfield.
I agree so why can't Evatt ?

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Mar 11, 2023 4:10 pm

Penalty Bolton

HMX
Passionate
Passionate

Post by HMX » Sat Mar 11, 2023 4:11 pm

Stone wall penalty! Come on, Charles!

HMX
Passionate
Passionate

Post by HMX » Sat Mar 11, 2023 4:11 pm

Missed. Saved, I mean.
Last edited by HMX on Sat Mar 11, 2023 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Sat Mar 11, 2023 4:11 pm

Great play by Bradley. Definite penalty. Thought the ref wasn't going to give it for a second after he managed to get the shot off.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sat Mar 11, 2023 4:12 pm

Mr I've not missed a penalty finally misses one.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Mar 11, 2023 4:12 pm

Dion not scoring in the big games again

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Sat Mar 11, 2023 4:13 pm

Bollocks. Plenty of work to do.

HMX
Passionate
Passionate

Post by HMX » Sat Mar 11, 2023 4:13 pm

Miss a huge chance like that in such a huge game at a pivotal time. :hang: