"Wednesday's child is full of woe". Away to Sheffield Wednesday, Friday Mar.17th 7-45.

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Re: "Wednesday's child is full of woe". Away to Sheffield Wednesday, Friday Mar.17th 7-45.

Post by Prufrock » Sun Mar 19, 2023 10:57 am

If it were just best XI it would be Jerome for me, but I doubt we're getting 90 mins out of either of him or Sexy. So suspect it will be Kacha, with Jerome for Lee and Kacha dropping back to 10 as our one attacking sub...
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Re: "Wednesday's child is full of woe". Away to Sheffield Wednesday, Friday Mar.17th 7-45.

Post by officer_dibble » Sun Mar 19, 2023 11:04 am

Subs wise we have Williams and presumably Thomason plus whoever misses out from Morley/Dempsey/Sheehan, but yeah it feels light!

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Mar 19, 2023 12:01 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2023 11:04 am
Subs wise we have Williams and presumably Thomason plus whoever misses out from Morley/Dempsey/Sheehan, but yeah it feels light!
This is my only real concern. We have there attacking players cup tied. And one injured.

It means that we are just light top end of the pitch. It’s going to be a tight game. We won’t dominate the ball as much as we’d like given they are a good side. It’s going to come down to a moment here or there and they just have more firepower in their squad.

It stacks the odds in their favour.

We have to probably not concede and also score relatively early on to really have a chance.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sun Mar 19, 2023 12:10 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2023 12:01 pm
We have to probably not concede and also score relatively early on to really have a chance.
I would settle for the method frequently used two years ago of not conceding and then scoring late on...

I mean my arse would be going ten-bob/threp'ny-bit by then, but if it works it works

As there's nowt else, should we start a thread on the Wembley match (separate to the Details)?

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Mar 19, 2023 12:34 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2023 12:10 pm

As there's nowt else, should we start a thread on the Wembley match (separate to the Details)?
I'll start one if you like unless anybody else wants it?
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Mar 19, 2023 12:35 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
I would settle for the method frequently used two years ago of not conceding and then scoring late on...

I mean my arse would be going ten-bob/threp'ny-bit by then, but if it works it works

Aye, c'mon TD, get the ball rolling! :-)

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sun Mar 19, 2023 2:06 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:

I'd say if we score early on and don't concede we've more than a chance, tbf.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.