Will it be Heaven in Devon for the Magnificent eleven? Away to Exeter, 3-0'clock Good Friday.

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Will it be Heaven in Devon for the Magnificent eleven? Away to Exeter, 3-0'clock Good Friday

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Apr 07, 2023 9:22 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Fri Apr 07, 2023 9:08 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri Apr 07, 2023 8:28 pm
Evatt talking about how tired we are after Sunday. I get it. But it’s like the semi final again. Stop talking about tiredness. We played Sunday Friday. It’s hardly unheard of.

Getting a bit sick of it. You would think we are the only team to have won a cup and then have to compete the top end of the league.

Yes we all get it. It takes a mental and physical toll. But talking about it constantly isn’t helping.
It's most likely propaganda. Evatt is no mug and he's very likely based it on some truth in fairness. Mental tiredness can affect just as much as physical. He's doing a grand job with the fates against him. No complaints from me to what he does.
It didn’t work taking about it after the semi final….

DJBlu
Site Admin

Re: Will it be Heaven in Devon for the Magnificent eleven? Away to Exeter, 3-0'clock Good Friday

Post by DJBlu » Fri Apr 07, 2023 10:42 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri Apr 07, 2023 9:22 pm
TANGODANCER wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Evatt talking about how tired we are after Sunday. I get it. But it’s like the semi final again. Stop talking about tiredness. We played Sunday Friday. It’s hardly unheard of.

Getting a bit sick of it. You would think we are the only team to have won a cup and then have to compete the top end of the league.

Yes we all get it. It takes a mental and physical toll. But talking about it constantly isn’t helping.
It's most likely propaganda. Evatt is no mug and he's very likely based it on some truth in fairness. Mental tiredness can affect just as much as physical. He's doing a grand job with the fates against him. No complaints from me to what he does.
Getting a bit sick of it? First time we've won a cup and played a league game for 34 years. Evatt is hardly saying it every season.

Man Utd won the Carabao Cup, played in the FA Cup and then got thumped 7 nil off Liverpool.

If you're picking fault with Evatt after Sunday and a win today then you seriously need help. Really.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Apr 07, 2023 11:01 pm

DJBlu wrote:
Fri Apr 07, 2023 10:42 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

Getting a bit sick of it? First time we've won a cup and played a league game for 34 years. Evatt is hardly saying it every season.

Man Utd won the Carabao Cup, played in the FA Cup and then got thumped 7 nil off Liverpool.

If you're picking fault with Evatt after Sunday and a win today then you seriously need help. Really.
Shall we go through the list of teams who have had more demanding fixture lists and coped? I just don’t think constantly saying that players are tired helps. These are professional football players. When Allardyce and Megson were saying we couldn’t cope with the Saturday - Thursday - Sunday European schedule without significant changes people went utterly bananas about it. We are talking about a game Sunday then one Friday.

I know we’ve got another Monday but that’s the same for everyone.

I’m not picking fault perhaps it’s just being a bit fed up with all this tired footballer talk in general. I mean I absolutely get it but we’ve not played an outlandish fixture list. When we played Liverpool and lost at Wembley we went away to Swindon three days later and won….I’m sure we were dead on our feet but Rioch probably didn’t keep telling them that….

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Re: Will it be Heaven in Devon for the Magnificent eleven? Away to Exeter, 3-0'clock Good Friday.

Post by truewhite15 » Fri Apr 07, 2023 11:53 pm

I doubt Evatt's spending every waking hour telling his players that it's alright because they're tired. He was asked a question in a post-match interview. Any answer to an interview question tends to be composed of soundbites. This was just another one. It doesn't mean sh*t.

Maybe stop taking what's said in post- and pre-match pressers as gospel?

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sat Apr 08, 2023 7:53 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri Apr 07, 2023 11:01 pm
DJBlu wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

Shall we go through the list of teams who have had more demanding fixture lists and coped?
Are we not coping?

A cup and a win at a team that's not lost in 5 at home?

If that's not coping then we're all screwed.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Apr 08, 2023 8:18 am

DJBlu wrote:
Sat Apr 08, 2023 7:53 am
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri Apr 07, 2023 11:01 pm
DJBlu wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

Shall we go through the list of teams who have had more demanding fixture lists and coped?
Are we not coping?

A cup and a win at a team that's not lost in 5 at home?

If that's not coping then we're all screwed.
You know the point I’m making. Post semi final we had this whole ‘tired’ schtick. We had an awful run (we aren’t unbeaten in 5 at home btw). And now the same thing is coming out.

Shouldn’t we be on a massive high after winning the cup riding the adrenaline wave? Not talking about being tired and needing the home crowd to lift us?

We should be desperate for the games to come round right now. The injuries are more an issue I will accept that.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Will it be Heaven in Devon for the Magnificent eleven? Away to Exeter, 3-0'clock Good Friday.

Post by Prufrock » Sat Apr 08, 2023 9:36 am

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Fri Apr 07, 2023 4:48 pm
Mar wrote:
Fri Apr 07, 2023 4:47 pm
Randell looking the better attacker than a defender.
Let’s face it, he’s a winger not a wingback
That looked like being this season's one-line review at one point.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Apr 08, 2023 10:54 am

truewhite15 wrote:
Fri Apr 07, 2023 11:53 pm
I doubt Evatt's spending every waking hour telling his players that it's alright because they're tired. He was asked a question in a post-match interview. Any answer to an interview question tends to be composed of soundbites. This was just another one. It doesn't mean sh*t.

Maybe stop taking what's said in post- and pre-match pressers as gospel?
I think yesterday's job was get three points. Bonus that we managed a clean sheet. I might have taken a different view had he rolled out "tired" after a 2-0 to them.. :-)

The bit about supporters lifting the team. Yes please. We'll take any/every advantage at this stage.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sun Apr 09, 2023 8:48 am

Any news on Jerome?

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Sun Apr 09, 2023 8:49 am

That’s a game we normally drop points in, so it’s a fantastic win. First half, we were the better side, even though they actually created more chances in the first than they did in their dominant second.

Williams looked shaky in defence but lively when he got the opportunity to go forward. Johnston, Jones and Mbete all strong and they’ll need to be the same tomorrow
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"