Will it be Heaven in Devon for the Magnificent eleven? Away to Exeter, 3-0'clock Good Friday.

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Mar
Icon
Icon

Re: Will it be Heaven in Devon for the Magnificent eleven? Away to Exeter, 3-0'clock Good Friday.

Post by Mar » Fri Apr 07, 2023 4:09 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Fri Apr 07, 2023 3:54 pm
Mar wrote:
Fri Apr 07, 2023 3:48 pm
Fri Apr 07, 2023 3:44 pm
Ipswich beating Wycombe. As it stands, they go second - and Wycombe are 5pts behind us from a game more.

Same distance can’t be said of the other three chasers though…
I think i'd prefer Wycombe to win that one. I'd much rather hopes that we'd be able to catch the top two rather than feeling like they're keeping the distance. Sadly Sheff Wed have gone 1-0 up aswell.

The gap is too big to catch up, as much as i'd like to think we could harbour a chance of catching it doesn't look anywhere near probable.
Yeah - not for me, Mar. Maybe Barnsley - 11pts above us at kickoff - are just about catchable, but catching Ipswich (14) and above is so unlikely that in a “six pointer” I’d rather they crushed our rivals.

It’s also a worry when you have a four-way dogfight - more options toward disaster if you slip. Would be very happy to see them all drop off as April develops.

Oh and as BWFCi says - the chief interest in the top four is who we might play in the playoffs, and hoping they’re in disarray.

I see what you're saying. I think it's more of carrying on a hope than anything else. There's a few games between the top 8 that are set to play out. There will come a time when its mathematically unfeasible but until then I can but hope we'll try and make up the ground.

Don't think it's realistic for all 4 of those at the top to drop enough points for it to matter. Ipswich especially motoring towards the top being 2-0 up today.

Never been a fan of seasons petering out by by us locking in positions too early. Would much rather us still have plenty to challenge for going into the playoffs rather than us be totally off the pace or slightly on holidays by locking in the play offs too early.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Will it be Heaven in Devon for the Magnificent eleven? Away to Exeter, 3-0'clock Good Friday.

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Apr 07, 2023 4:09 pm

John off at half time one assumes another injury….

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Apr 07, 2023 4:10 pm

I will be very surprised if we keep a clean sheet here. Need another. Maybe even another two.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Apr 07, 2023 4:12 pm

Certainly need a big cup of wake the fcuk up, right now.

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Fri Apr 07, 2023 4:13 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri Apr 07, 2023 4:09 pm
John off at half time one assumes another injury….
I doubt it. John wasn't overly great in that first half so might just be a rotation with Monday in mind. He wasn't terrible, but just not overly impactful.

As for the defence. We're tied for the best defence in the league at the moment.

Barnsley are a goal down so theres some more positivity to be had.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Apr 07, 2023 4:14 pm

Mar wrote:
I see what you're saying. I think it's more of carrying on a hope than anything else. There's a few games between the top 8 that are set to play out. There will come a time when its mathematically unfeasible but until then I can but hope we'll try and make up the ground.
Barnsley, the most catchable, losing at Burton 😀

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Fri Apr 07, 2023 4:19 pm

Fri Apr 07, 2023 4:14 pm
Mar wrote:
Barnsley, the most catchable, losing at Burton 😀
Barnsley, who were on a 12 game unbeaten run, lost against Exeter, at Exeter 3-1. So if anyones wondering why Exeter are proving a decent challenge, they're a decent side at home having won the last 4 in a row at home.

We're doing ok. Seems like we're weathering the storm.

Randell doesn't seem to have improved our defensive resolve, but I suspect thats more down to Exeter having to up their game than it is indicative of the difference between Randell and John.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Apr 07, 2023 4:19 pm

Mbete and Williams scare me. A lot.

Got a feeling of Pompey this.
Last edited by BWFC_Insane on Fri Apr 07, 2023 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sonicthewhite
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by sonicthewhite » Fri Apr 07, 2023 4:19 pm

Time for a brew methinks :kettle:
Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!

And the key to a result is a good :kettle:

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Apr 07, 2023 4:20 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri Apr 07, 2023 4:10 pm
I will be very surprised if we keep a clean sheet here. Need another. Maybe even another two.
Do you really have to...?
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Fri Apr 07, 2023 4:21 pm

Plymouth equalise. Feel like Kacha needs to make way for Shoretire. We need the ball to stick up top for a bit, ease the pressure somewhat. Feels like its all in our own half at the minute.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Apr 07, 2023 4:22 pm

Mar wrote:
Fri Apr 07, 2023 4:21 pm
Plymouth equalise. Feel like Kacha needs to make way for Shoretire. We need the ball to stick up top for a bit, ease the pressure somewhat. Feels like its all in our own half at the minute.
Victor surely to help hold it up and add some height?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Apr 07, 2023 4:25 pm

Victor and Nlundulu on up front. Adds height. Play direct I suspect. Cross everything folks. Massive half hour here.

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Fri Apr 07, 2023 4:25 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri Apr 07, 2023 4:22 pm
Mar wrote:
Fri Apr 07, 2023 4:21 pm
Victor surely to help hold it up and add some height?
Vic and N'lundulu coming on from the sounds of it. Not really sure about that one. Think N'lundulu is good at running at players but not necessarily helping with the build up. That being said Kacha dropped off that second half and Charles wasn't overly involved so hopefully fresh legs might help the press.

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Fri Apr 07, 2023 4:26 pm

How is this still 1-0 to Bolton. So many near misses and almost goals.
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri Apr 07, 2023 4:19 pm
Got a feeling of Pompey this.
Certainly feels like that. Hopefully heads dont drop if concede.
Last edited by Mar on Fri Apr 07, 2023 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Apr 07, 2023 4:27 pm

Ipswich 3-0 Wycombe, so there’s that

They’ll be irked that Plymouth equalise at Morecambe but it’s of less import to us. Although I’d still be interested to see what happens if we play Plymouth in the playoffs

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Apr 07, 2023 4:27 pm

Randell Williams has been awful.

jmjhb
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jmjhb » Fri Apr 07, 2023 4:28 pm

MK Dons equalise

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Apr 07, 2023 4:30 pm

I know I shouldn't. But Sunny Cox? 🤣🤣🤣

I think Mbete's been pretty solid. Williams next to him doesn't help he's like a ghost....For me it's felt like we've needed more in MF. They're getting to the back line far too easily.

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Fri Apr 07, 2023 4:31 pm

jmjhb wrote:
Fri Apr 07, 2023 4:28 pm
MK Dons equalise
Against 10 men Portsmouth, that may be telling in as the game goes on.

Feel like the referee has been very much in our favour today, makes a nice change but i'd suspect if I were a Grecian i'd be a little bit irked.