Will we see the premiership again - and do we want to?

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Re: Will we see the premiership again - and do we want to?

Post by Harry Genshaw » Fri May 19, 2023 11:26 am

This talk of 'new investment' that FV would like to attract. Is it a polite way of saying, any old Herbert willing to chuck millions into a bottomless pit with no hope of a return? Are there (m)any examples of investors putting money into clubs and making or withdrawing a profit without it hindering the football side?
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri May 19, 2023 11:53 am

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Fri May 19, 2023 11:26 am
This talk of 'new investment' that FV would like to attract. Is it a polite way of saying, any old Herbert willing to chuck millions into a bottomless pit with no hope of a return? Are there (m)any examples of investors putting money into clubs and making or withdrawing a profit without it hindering the football side?
Was having this very convo yesterday with a United fan, currently locked on the horns of a dilemma: sell to a Sheikh or have an English owner with the Glazers hanging around? I noted that I never really understand why anyone would have minority shares unless they're just hoping to make money off it. I struggle enough with people having the chutzpah (and moolah) to throw into football's bottomles pit at all, but to not then be in control – well, let's just say it takes a special kind.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri May 19, 2023 1:25 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Fri May 19, 2023 11:53 am
Harry Genshaw wrote:
Fri May 19, 2023 11:26 am
Was having this very convo yesterday with a United fan, currently locked on the horns of a dilemma: sell to a Sheikh or have an English owner with the Glazers hanging around? I noted that I never really understand why anyone would have minority shares unless they're just hoping to make money off it. I struggle enough with people having the chutzpah (and moolah) to throw into football's bottomles pit at all, but to not then be in control – well, let's just say it takes a special kind.
Ohh a United fan you say? They're generally telling us how all their income comes direct from their fans, so I keep musing why they're not going with that Swedish fella that wanted a "fan owned" club...