A Challenge, but not the University one. Away to Oxford, Sat Apr 15th 3-0'clock.

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

A Challenge, but not the University one. Away to Oxford, Sat Apr 15th 3-0'clock.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Apr 11, 2023 3:23 pm

Apropos of nowt else, might as well warm up early for the Whites trip to Oxford. The City of Dreaming Spires, they call the college of knowledge home , but let's hope we're not the ones dreaming. With two away and three home fixtures we surely have to smash and grab some points. I said earlier I couldn't see many 4-0 results anywhere at this time, and I still believe odd-goal results are more on the menu than thrashings.

League One has all the makings of a real dog-fight and we need to be top dogs. The team is " Guess who's coming to dinner" right now but maybe our injury casualties can rally and get back in there. So mortar boards and gowns at the ready and up and at em... :Jedi:

ae:)
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Re: A Challenge, but not the University one. Away to Oxford, Sat Apr 15th 3-0'clock.

Post by Harry Genshaw » Tue Apr 11, 2023 5:02 pm

Tough game anyway and they beat us at the bok earlier this season and their new manager seems to have stopped the rot with a couple of draws.
I'll be there for my 1st trip to Oxford hoping we're more Wembley than Monday but fearing the worst.
0-1 loss
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Re: A Challenge, but not the University one. Away to Oxford, Sat Apr 15th 3-0'clock.

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Apr 11, 2023 5:13 pm

Must win game. As they all are now. Can’t afford any more slip ups and players know that.

All hands to the pump and win at all costs. Don’t let this slip away it would be criminal.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Apr 11, 2023 6:16 pm

Aye, four draws and a loss from their last five games, but they're still basement candidates in the league. Be wary of them, for sure, but we shouldn't need to fear them. As ever, an early goal followed by another must be our target. No more injury time cock-ups. At the risk of being boring, Ming the Merciless writes the script, not Flash Gordon... :oyea:

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Apr 11, 2023 6:27 pm

Will Dempsey be available? Sentenced tomorrow…Pru any thoughts based on latest updates in Bolton news?

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Tue Apr 11, 2023 7:21 pm

Sounds like the cctv is damning for Dempsey which may explain why he changed plea. If he’s missing training anyway this week you have to assume he won’t play. Morley / Sheehan / Lee, with Charles and Kacha up top for me.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Apr 11, 2023 7:51 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
Tue Apr 11, 2023 7:21 pm
Sounds like the cctv is damning for Dempsey which may explain why he changed plea. If he’s missing training anyway this week you have to assume he won’t play. Morley / Sheehan / Lee, with Charles and Kacha up top for me.
If he’s a free man (and not injured) I would be amazed if Dempsey isn’t starting Saturday. Amazed.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Tue Apr 11, 2023 9:38 pm

Depends when the trial is over? Is it due to finish tomorrow? If he’s missing training all week I can’t see him starting regardless of outcome.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Apr 12, 2023 11:49 am

We need to talk about.....

Lamine Toure...curently on loan to Lancaster. Only nineteen, but a defensice centre back (or so the story goes) . What do we know about him and, purely because of his position, is he good enough to think about bringing back to help our current centre back problems? Anybody know anything?

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Wed Apr 12, 2023 3:47 pm

Dempsey,

12 month suspended sentence.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Apr 12, 2023 3:49 pm

DJBlu wrote:
Wed Apr 12, 2023 3:47 pm
Dempsey,

12 month suspended sentence.
Been thinking about this today. I think he's been lucky.

Now Kyle come and focus on your football and get us in those playoffs.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Wed Apr 12, 2023 3:57 pm

I think it's a disgrace that he's put himself in such a position. I await the club's statement as there is a victim in this whole case and it's not Kyle nor his dad.

People make mistakes and as long as he is rehabilitated then we can all move on. Not having the celebrations on Twitter though as I think the club has been brought into disrepute through his actions.

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Wed Apr 12, 2023 4:13 pm

DJBlu wrote:
Wed Apr 12, 2023 3:57 pm
I think it's a disgrace that he's put himself in such a position. I await the club's statement as there is a victim in this whole case and it's not Kyle nor his dad.

People make mistakes and as long as he is rehabilitated then we can all move on. Not having the celebrations on Twitter though as I think the club has been brought into disrepute through his actions.

Agree with this. He's extremely lucky not have received a custodial sentence and that might, in part, be because prisons are almost full, which judges can take into account.
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Wed Apr 12, 2023 4:15 pm

They have - Especially as they were so quick to state he was attacked, unprovoked himself at the beginning of all of this

If he was crap, the fans would be all over him

But as he's a decent player and an important part of the squad, naturally people want to turn the other cheek

Personally, I'm in the "twatted a bouncer in a pissed up stupor - Many have done it" camp

Had it been a sexual assault, or drink driving etc, I'd be wanting him sacked
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Wed Apr 12, 2023 4:16 pm

DJBlu wrote:
Wed Apr 12, 2023 3:57 pm

Twitter dickheads are predictable as ever. Interesting now to see what the club does. The victim said this in his impact statement ...

"Mr Jarvis said a statement that was issued by Kyle Dempsey’s club had “altered the truth” of what happened and threw suspicion onto him".

I imagine they just naively believed Dempsey's partial story and were being supportive. They certainly need to address that.
They're clearly a pair of thugs and liars and should have been jailed, promotion push or not.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Apr 12, 2023 4:21 pm

How will the curfew affect night games. Serious question.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Apr 12, 2023 4:28 pm

boltonboris wrote:
Wed Apr 12, 2023 4:15 pm

Personally, I'm in the "twatted a bouncer in a pissed up stupor - Many have done it" camp
Had it been a sexual assault, or drink driving etc, I'd be wanting him sacked
Yes. I've seen a lot worse many a time years back. Horses for courses. I abhor violence but it happens nightly where clubs are concerned.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Apr 12, 2023 4:31 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Wed Apr 12, 2023 4:21 pm
Can't play them. Or any game where there is a risk he won't be home by 9pm.

Assuming the reporting is correct and it is a curfew tag - there are to my knowledge now tags that monitor your whereabouts and let you move on a permitted basis to and from work - but a curfew tag is tied to your home - so far as I know there aren't exceptions.....he probably can only feature in the home games at weekends and away games where he can be back home for 9...

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Wed Apr 12, 2023 4:51 pm

I've just seen the CCTV footage. This wasn't a flare up with a cocky bouncer. They kicked the door down and carried out a vicious and sustained assault after the initial thing had died down. Not at all what I'd been led to believe by the coverage.

https://twitter.com/harrybwfc446/status ... 56897?s=20

Bertie Wooster
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bertie Wooster » Wed Apr 12, 2023 4:58 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Wed Apr 12, 2023 4:21 pm
Personally I think that he'll be allowed to play night games - as its his job.