Beware the man in black..Home v Fleetwood, Sat 29th Apr. 3-0'clock.

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

DJBlu
Site Admin

Re: Beware the man in black..Home v Fleetwood, Sat 29th Apr. 3-0'clock.

Post by DJBlu » Sat Apr 29, 2023 8:16 pm

We'll smash who ever we play. Feck em. We're fired up. God help them if we play relaxed.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Apr 29, 2023 8:50 pm

I am very satisfied and pleased that today finished as it did. Come what may I have never been anything but a Wanderer, never will be. As for the play-offs, Que Sera, as ever. . COME ON YOU WHITES :pray:

ae:)
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sat Apr 29, 2023 9:01 pm

Lovely day. Great food and beers in the sunshine in a packed out fanzone and play offs achieved. Kachunga the stand out player today, shame that what would have been his 1st league goal this season was put down as an og.

Well done to Ipswich and Plymouth and big commiserations to Sheffield Wednesday. Incredible points tally between them.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Sat Apr 29, 2023 9:20 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sat Apr 29, 2023 8:08 pm
Mar wrote:
Sat Apr 29, 2023 7:55 pm
officer_dibble wrote:
Sat Apr 29, 2023 7:28 pm
Relaxed - I don’t think we’ll win our semi final. Getting there was the aim, and there are four teams clearly better than us in this league. If we lose, we lose. Given our all, heads can be held high etc. Wednesday and Derby have a much bigger budget than us and Barnsley might as well! I’m not nervous about the games when i normally would be.
I dont think there are four teams better than us in this league. Just four teams more consistent. We beat the league leaders 4-0 in the cup final, we've beat Barnsley at Oakwell and we've drawn with Sheffield Wednesday. If I were betting I'd say were an outside bet, but I'd much rather us be playing sides at the top than us playing teams parking the bus.

I think it'll come down to whoever scores first.
Not being funny but teams that finish higher tend to be better…more consistent = better. It means they win more or lose less. I get your point, we can beat anyone on our day.
I know what you mean and I thought about that before posting it. We were more consistent in the cup than the rest and won it, doesn't necessarily mean we were the best in the competition, just the most consistent. The 46 game season would certainly suggest they're better, but that's not taking into account the plethora of injuries throughout a season.

Weve had plenty of injuries this season that have curtailed our season somewhat. It's not been completely derailed but definitely a factor. Now all teams have to go through injury periods but I suspect if we compare our first choice 11 with the oppositions first choice 11 I don't think there will be too much difference.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Apr 29, 2023 9:33 pm

For me, it's not the blx we've heard about individual ceilings. It's all about repeatable ceilings it's the difference between won oncs and won repeatedly. IE has said repeatedly, in comparative adversity trust the process. Whatever happens from here, he's earned the right....

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Apr 29, 2023 10:42 pm

Amen to that. And Auntie Sharon agrees.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Apr 29, 2023 10:59 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sat Apr 29, 2023 8:08 pm
But I think it’s fair to say Barnsley and Sheffield Wednesday are or will be both big favourites against us.
I will be interested to see the odds. Owls will be faves but I wouldn't have Barnsley as much shorter odds than us, if at all. I'm not terrified of the Tykes. Not saying we'll beat them but they won't fancy facing us.

Wednesday have the big players, as their financial figures will testify. Derby - I fear Warne's organisation. But I'm not sure I feel we're inferior.

And, as I say, we have the least pressure. Whether it's Posh or Derby with us, they'll have financial obligations to bounce back at the first attempt after relegation. Many's the team who went south without it. Including us.

I'd like us to finish 5th and play Barnsley rather than Wednesday in the semis.

I wonder, I just wonder, if Bod might be accelerating his comeback. He enjoyed himself at Oakwell; we all did.

brommers95
Reliable
Reliable

Post by brommers95 » Sun Apr 30, 2023 12:53 am

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Sat Apr 29, 2023 6:16 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sat Apr 29, 2023 6:04 pm
YESSSSSS! A great day. Think we got the team right. It wasn’t a great show first half but we definitely looked like we had players forward at times and pressed them.

Second half might have got a bit nervy but for the idiocy of their player getting himself sent off. But from then on we got the changes right in midfield and battered them. Could have been 4. Maybe should have been.

Toal was immense back there. Considering he’s just come back and has never played that role before I thought he was great.

MJ played that role in midfield well. Lee and Dempsey emptied it at times and it wasn’t easy. Fleetwood had a couple of moments first half but I’d say only one where I felt like they really should have scored.

We’ve achieved what we set out to do with a game to spare. And have a cup to boot.

I don’t think we can complain at the outcomes. If we get stuffed in the play offs then so be it. I think we have given ourselves a shot against the big budget teams.
Genuinely good to hear, mate. For me, rest of the season is a bonus now. I'll be honest, I would have been a bit disappointed if we hadn't made the playoffs - even if we hadn't been in them for so long. But it's definite progress.

Unlike for Sheff Wed and (probably) Derby, who really need promotion, the play-offs are a bit of a free hit for us, and to an extent Barnsley (who will presumably also be under some finanical pressure after coming down last season). Hopefully that will tell in our play, we can have a bit of freedom.

If we go up, huge bonus. If not, we can continue to rebuild. We can hope the January signings that haven't quite clicked have a Dempsey-like first full season. We can add a few astute signings that don't break the bank. We can show clipreels of Traf and Bradley and tell the big clubs to send us their nearly-there best youngsters. And whatever, we can be proud of our beautiful club that's pointing in the right direction.

Have a good night, y'all.
👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

Absolute free hit in the playoffs for us. I really wouldn’t be distraught at not getting promoted as nice as it would be, as the club is on a real upward trajectory.

Just going to enjoy this delightful long weekend revelling in the fact the Whites are in the playoffs and Wigan have dropped :mrgreen:

The_Gun
Passionate
Passionate

Post by The_Gun » Sun Apr 30, 2023 10:24 am

Had to follow the match via Marc Iles’ live text yesterday, but it was an enjoyable afternoon nonetheless. Fantastic set of results, and exciting that we get to extend our season.

We’re the outsiders to get out of the playoffs, of course, but with a bit of time for our key men to get some rest in their legs, I think we’ll give it a good old crack.

Anyone got an idea of the allocations we’d be given at Oakwell and Hillsborough respectively?

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sun Apr 30, 2023 10:39 am

Just watched the game again.

1st goal, deffo Kachunga who sends it towards goal, their defender gets a final touch on the way in. Harsh to not award it to Elias, mustn't be bothered as he'll be waiting till the play off final for his 1st league goal.

Red card, yes, if it had been our player we would've been pissed off, if they try to appeal it'll be turned away as he raised his hand and had a yank of his hair. MJ tap on the back and a cheeky smile.

Disallowed goal. Accy game the ball was in this one it was out. Very close on the camera but the linesman was in a good position and probably got it right.

2nd goal. Great football, albeit made easier by Fleetwood having 10 men on the pitch however right to left started and finished by Dempsey. He is on his day unplayable at times. If we get 4 more performances like that then who knows?

Toal. Massive to have him back. Massive. The lad oozes confidence and hasn't let his injury phase him.

MJ. Absolutely outstanding 4 games in the centre from him earning him the right to continue in the team. We've only conceded 2 goals with him in the side so bravo sir! He's like that car you don't want to get rid of because you know, it just works and will do a job.
Kachunga and Charles. Think it might be the one that works. Kachunga is the only lad we have that can match the work rate of Dion up top and has the pace with it.

Hopefully, we continue the winning run next week and go into the playoffs with confidence and who knows? We can all start to whinge about having to pay to go to that there London again.

COYWM!!!

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sun Apr 30, 2023 12:11 pm

Great result to end up in playoffs, feel I did my bit by not going! 😁
Hope a couple of strikers get the shooting boots on next weekend and enter the playoffs with confidence.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon May 01, 2023 6:43 pm

Was a poor challenge from Vela but probably not a red. But not great. However he’s now having to deal with bolton numpties on Twitter saying he was rubbish. In the league one season we were promoted he was in double figures for goals, 9 in the league and joint top with Madine.

You don’t half get some embarrassing fools on social media.

knobpolisher
Reliable
Reliable

Post by knobpolisher » Mon May 01, 2023 8:33 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon May 01, 2023 6:43 pm

Does this count as social media? Just asking. :wink:
People haven't got a good word for you, but i have T**T.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon May 01, 2023 8:45 pm

knobpolisher wrote:
Mon May 01, 2023 8:33 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:

Yeah but I’m not writing direct to players….

knobpolisher
Reliable
Reliable

Post by knobpolisher » Mon May 01, 2023 9:14 pm

Just wanted to make sure I'm not an embarrassing fool
People haven't got a good word for you, but i have T**T.

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Post by truewhite15 » Mon May 01, 2023 9:19 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon May 01, 2023 8:45 pm
knobpolisher wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

The thing with the internet is, you never know who's watching...

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue May 02, 2023 8:43 am

truewhite15 wrote:
Mon May 01, 2023 9:19 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon May 01, 2023 8:45 pm
knobpolisher wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

The thing with the internet is, you never know who's watching...
True, that. But I do think there's a difference between expressing an opinion on a match thread on here, that they'd have to actively come and look at vs putting something on an individuals twitter/insta etc.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Tue May 02, 2023 9:12 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Was a poor challenge from Vela but probably not a red. But not great. However he’s now having to deal with bolton numpties on Twitter saying he was rubbish. In the league one season we were promoted he was in double figures for goals, 9 in the league and joint top with Madine.

Funny one innit -ex player gives his all at former club to prove they were wrong to let him go isn’t as much fun for the trolls.

I’ve never any issue with players (after the 90 minutes is up) who leave bwfc having given their all and Josh Vela is one of those.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Tue May 02, 2023 9:30 am

It's just modern life innit? I'm sure our lot are no better or worse than at any other clubs. I do cringe though when I see some comments made directly to players. One can only hope they realise that that one numpty is not reflective of a whole fan base.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue May 02, 2023 9:59 am

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Tue May 02, 2023 9:30 am
It's just modern life innit? I'm sure our lot are no better or worse than at any other clubs. I do cringe though when I see some comments made directly to players. One can only hope they realise that that one numpty is not reflective of a whole fan base.
Just wait until they're getting told by an irrefutable ChatGPT that they've put in a sub-par performance! :mrgreen: