Snog, Marry, Avoid: Summer 2023 Transfer Window

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Snog, Marry, Avoid: Summer 2023 Transfer Window

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Jun 01, 2023 1:46 pm

GhostoftheBok wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2023 1:44 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2023 1:38 pm
Not every player needs to score 20 goals a season but a forward needs to get some. I’m not sure that’s controversial.
Its a post-season Thursday afternoon and there are no transfer rumours.

We might as well make everything controversial.
We are going to win this league next season.

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Thu Jun 01, 2023 1:48 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2023 1:46 pm
We are going to win this league next season.
When you say something controversial I'll jump in.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Jun 01, 2023 1:57 pm

GhostoftheBok wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2023 12:47 pm
As I say, I've spoken to people who were surprised by what Hart had to say (and have put money in).
After stating very clearly and giving them some written verbage to confirm you're not a financial advisor, you should probably take their spends off them... :D

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Thu Jun 01, 2023 2:02 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2023 1:57 pm
After stating very clearly and giving them some written verbage to confirm you're not a financial advisor, you should probably take their spends off them... :D
Most people are crap with money and when you combine money with passion you have to very careful (that sounds like a hookers and STDs joke, but...well, actually, it can be).

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Thu Jun 01, 2023 2:07 pm

dave the minion
Reliable
Reliable

Post by dave the minion » Thu Jun 01, 2023 2:09 pm

GhostoftheBok wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2023 6:52 am
Probably worth noting that Hart has whipped off the fig leaf and is now just saying The Bond is primarily being spent on players. Infrastructure spending is "secondary."

So we've crowdfunded a transfer budget and (from my experience talking to people) mislead a lot of people about what they were buying into.
Well - to be fair to him & the club - if you read the article the funds will be spent on medical, sports science & psychology departments / Lostock training facility improvements / stadium connectivity / hospitality facilities / fan zone / concourses / new big screen / new advertising AND players.
Admittedly he puts players first in his list - and he is very clear that we are looking to invest in that department, but its hardly just a transfer budget thats being created.....

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Thu Jun 01, 2023 2:12 pm

Were we to sign Crichlow (I've no idea if it's a genuine thing or not) that would probably indicate Iredale and Williams is "the plan" for the left - unless we anticipate Johnston is offski.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Jun 01, 2023 2:24 pm

GhostoftheBok wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2023 2:02 pm
Worthy4England wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2023 1:57 pm
Most people are crap with money and when you combine money with passion you have to very careful (that sounds like a hookers and STDs joke, but...well, actually, it can be).
Of course you have to be very careful which is why there were plenty of alerts along the launch and within the offer saying "Consider this cash thrown away, but you could make a few quid from it"...

Someone would have really struggled on the first question, "what type of investor are you" disclaimer to actually get past the thing - the whole sign-up process required a fair chunk of lifting.

I'm unsure whether the people you've spoken to are upset because they've made an investment or because it's not all going to build an academy and sports science department?

Depending when they made it, they can still withdraw if they've not run out of the cooling off period....

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Jun 01, 2023 2:37 pm

GhostoftheBok wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2023 2:12 pm
Were we to sign Crichlow (I've no idea if it's a genuine thing or not) that would probably indicate Iredale and Williams is "the plan" for the left - unless we anticipate Johnston is offski.
Source:
Screenshot 2023-06-01 at 14.36.09.png
Screenshot 2023-06-01 at 14.36.09.png (473.82 KiB) Viewed 505 times
TBF I have mentioned Crichlow before, he's an Evatt-type defender, but I wouldn't go big on this linker.

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Thu Jun 01, 2023 2:53 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2023 2:37 pm
GhostoftheBok wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2023 2:12 pm
Source:
Screenshot 2023-06-01 at 14.36.09.png
TBF I have mentioned Crichlow before, he's an Evatt-type defender, but I wouldn't go big on this linker.
You're telling me that a "freelance journalist" with his IQ in his bio isn't to be treated as a reliable source?

Egad!

Honestly, at this point I'd speculate on an octopus pulling transfer links out of a hat.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Jun 01, 2023 3:53 pm

After looking through the BN's "23 former Bolton players released by their clubs." I've not seen any I'd want back. :-)

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Jun 01, 2023 5:19 pm

LUTON
Captain Sonny Bradley, Henri Lansbury and Harry Isted will all leave the Hatters following the expiration of their contracts.

We have exercised the option for a further year for Gabe Osho, Dan Potts and Elliot Thorpe. Negotiations are ongoing with Pelly Ruddock Mpanzu, Tom Lockyer, Amari’i Bell and Luke Berry with a view to extending their time at Kenilworth Road.

Ethan Horvath, Cody Drameh and Marvelous Nakamba will return to their parent clubs following the end of their loan spells, we would like to thank them for their fantastic contributions to this historic season.

Matt Macey, Glen Rea, Dion Pereira, Carlos Mendes Gomes and John McAtee will return to the club following the expiration of their loan spells away from Kenilworth Road.

From the Development squad, we have made offers to extend the contracts of Aidan Francis-Clarke and Axel Piesold. Leaving the Club at the end of their deals are Daniel Idiakhoa, Avan Jones, Conor Lawless, Josh Neufville, Callum Nicolson, Casey Pettit and Josh Williams.

First-year scholars moving into their second year are Tyrell Giwa, William Houghton, Claude Kayibanda, Jack Lorentzen-Jones, Max Scott and Marcus Warren. Negotiations are ongoing with Jack Bateson, Jake Burger, Archie Heron, Oli Lynch, Millar Matthews-Lewis and Josh Odell-Bature who have each been offered a professional contract to remain at Kenilworth Road. Leaving the Club at the end of their scholarships are Sam Bentley, Oliver Hemlin, Rio Martucci, Darcy Moffat and Josh Swan.

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Thu Jun 01, 2023 6:07 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2023 3:53 pm
After looking through the BN's "23 former Bolton players released by their clubs." I've not seen any I'd want back. :-)

Snog, marry, AVOID?
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

nicholaldo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by nicholaldo » Thu Jun 01, 2023 6:28 pm

Thu Jun 01, 2023 5:19 pm
LUTON
Captain Sonny Bradley, Henri Lansbury and Harry Isted will all leave the Hatters following the expiration of their contracts.

We have exercised the option for a further year for Gabe Osho, Dan Potts and Elliot Thorpe. Negotiations are ongoing with Pelly Ruddock Mpanzu, Tom Lockyer, Amari’i Bell and Luke Berry with a view to extending their time at Kenilworth Road.

Ethan Horvath, Cody Drameh and Marvelous Nakamba will return to their parent clubs following the end of their loan spells, we would like to thank them for their fantastic contributions to this historic season.

Matt Macey, Glen Rea, Dion Pereira, Carlos Mendes Gomes and John McAtee will return to the club following the expiration of their loan spells away from Kenilworth Road.

From the Development squad, we have made offers to extend the contracts of Aidan Francis-Clarke and Axel Piesold. Leaving the Club at the end of their deals are Daniel Idiakhoa, Avan Jones, Conor Lawless, Josh Neufville, Callum Nicolson, Casey Pettit and Josh Williams.

First-year scholars moving into their second year are Tyrell Giwa, William Houghton, Claude Kayibanda, Jack Lorentzen-Jones, Max Scott and Marcus Warren. Negotiations are ongoing with Jack Bateson, Jake Burger, Archie Heron, Oli Lynch, Millar Matthews-Lewis and Josh Odell-Bature who have each been offered a professional contract to remain at Kenilworth Road. Leaving the Club at the end of their scholarships are Sam Bentley, Oliver Hemlin, Rio Martucci, Darcy Moffat and Josh Swan.

Could we convince Isted to sign for us ahead of Barnsley, do we think?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Jun 01, 2023 6:51 pm

nicholaldo wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2023 6:28 pm
Thu Jun 01, 2023 5:19 pm
LUTON

Hope not.

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Thu Jun 01, 2023 6:52 pm

nicholaldo wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2023 6:28 pm
Possibly. We have advantages over Barnsley if all the financials are equal.

There's always the Rob Edwards factor too.

You'd expect Barnsley to lead the pack for him, though. They seem keen.

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Thu Jun 01, 2023 7:43 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
I'd be tempted to get a look in at Danny Ward as covering striker and Will Jaaskelainen for backup keeper.

Aside from that there's not many that jump out. Bridcutt perhaps, Madine perhaps, but neither of those would be massively improving our side for the future.

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Thu Jun 01, 2023 8:16 pm

Mar wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2023 7:43 pm
Worthy4England wrote:
I'd be tempted to get a look in at Danny Ward as covering striker and Will Jaaskelainen for backup keeper.

Aside from that there's not many that jump out. Bridcutt perhaps, Madine perhaps, but neither of those would be massively improving our side for the future.
I think those are the types of signings we'd have gone for when we were trying stay up in the first season in this division. I don't think we'd go for them now, Ward aside maybe.

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Thu Jun 01, 2023 8:28 pm

GhostoftheBok wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2023 8:16 pm
Mar wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:

I think those are the types of signings we'd have gone for when we were trying stay up in the first season in this division. I don't think we'd go for them now, Ward aside maybe.

I saw Jaas playing for Woking (v Bromley) in the play offs last month. Bog standard National League goalie.
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Jun 01, 2023 8:44 pm

GhostoftheBok wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2023 8:16 pm
Mar wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:

At 32, Ward isn't the kid who left. I'd be surprised if he was on our hit list, given we have Bod and Jerome...