Ian Evatt 3 year deal

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Ian Evatt 3 year deal

Post by officer_dibble » Fri May 05, 2023 1:09 pm

Confirmed by the club.

Great news, good timing ahead of summer as well and anyone looking to tempt him away.

Spartan2
Reliable
Reliable

Re: Ian Evatt 3 year deal

Post by Spartan2 » Fri May 05, 2023 1:45 pm

Great news.

sonicthewhite
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by sonicthewhite » Fri May 05, 2023 2:19 pm

Excellent news.
Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!

And the key to a result is a good :kettle:

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Fri May 05, 2023 8:06 pm

Good news and he's earned it. Have struggled with him at times but there's no denying the progress he's made.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Fri May 05, 2023 9:20 pm

When you think of some of the charlatans we've had in the recent past, you realise how lucky we are to have this guy. Hopefully he'll be managing in the PL in the near future.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri May 05, 2023 9:37 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Fri May 05, 2023 9:20 pm
When you think of some of the charlatans we've had in the recent past, you realise how lucky we are to have this guy. Hopefully he'll be managing in the PL in the near future.
He will when we get there. Simple as that.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Fri May 05, 2023 9:52 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri May 05, 2023 9:37 pm
Harry Genshaw wrote:
Hopefully. If not though, he'll have left us in much better shape than when he arrived. Which tbh is all you can hope for from any manager.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Tue May 09, 2023 11:16 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Fri May 05, 2023 9:52 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri May 05, 2023 9:37 pm
Harry Genshaw wrote:
Hopefully. If not though, he'll have left us in much better shape than when he arrived. Which tbh is all you can hope for from any manager.
Certainly this. I think there will come a time where a level of disenfranchisement may sink it if we're hamstrung by lack of investment relative to other squads in the league. Despite not playing on a level playing field I get the impression the relationship between him and the owners certainly helps show to him that they're striving for positive change and i'm sure that Evatt and the board will be doing everything they can to progress.

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Tue May 09, 2023 11:27 pm

Can't believe it's been three years already. Seems like two minutes. Tbh, I don't see Evatt as a Prem manager. Think Chumpo is about the right level. You need to be a bit more of a showman in the Prem and know how to manage millionaire 22 year olds, which I can't really see IE doing.
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed May 10, 2023 8:37 am

TonyDomingos wrote:
Tue May 09, 2023 11:27 pm
Can't believe it's been three years already. Seems like two minutes. Tbh, I don't see Evatt as a Prem manager. Think Chumpo is about the right level. You need to be a bit more of a showman in the Prem and know how to manage millionaire 22 year olds, which I can't really see IE doing.
I mean I disagree. He's not a premiership manager now but he's showing an aptitude to learn and improve and grow. Which is exactly the same sort of qualities as Allardyce had. And I'm pretty sure he was put in the box of 'never be a premiership manager he's too rough and ready'.

When I look at the absolutely useless chancers who have managed in the premiership, your Gerrards, Lampards, Owen Coyle etc....Evatt is above those already. I think he's showing more than the likes of Mick McCarthy, Bruce etc who also managed there for periods.

He's not got everything right and I still feel he's hard to warm to in a way I don't think Allardyce, with similar ego, was (for example) but I think he's absolutely got the right attitude to progress himself forward and the club and I do think he could manage at premiership level one day.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed May 10, 2023 9:16 am

Great to see his confidence in Bolton as a club. Like Dickens said "Great expectations" :oyea:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Sun May 14, 2023 7:19 pm

Can only be good news. He's earnt it, the existing players need to know we have stability in leadership and it'll help us with new signings.