Wanderers Bond

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Bertie Wooster
Dedicated
Dedicated

Re: Wanderers Bond

Post by Bertie Wooster » Wed Aug 30, 2023 2:34 pm

If Evatt has said that the only incoming signing this week is likely be a reserve keeper - what on earth has the bond money been
spent on ?

The_Gun
Passionate
Passionate

Post by The_Gun » Wed Aug 30, 2023 2:36 pm

Bertie Wooster wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2023 2:34 pm
If Evatt has said that the only incoming signing this week is likely be a reserve keeper - what on earth has the bond money been
spent on ?
Does it need to all have been spent in one transfer window? I don't think they ever promised to do that.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Aug 30, 2023 3:35 pm

The_Gun wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2023 2:36 pm
Bertie Wooster wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2023 2:34 pm
spent on ?
Does it need to all have been spent in one transfer window? I don't think they ever promised to do that.
The answer to that question will be determined in December. If we're in the top 2 then no. If we're off the pace by a distance then given Evatt himself identified this as a season where 'the league is weaker' then I'd say it would class as a rather massive mistake.

All comes down to that. This is a league where playing catch up is very tricky so depends entirely on our position at that point.

The_Gun
Passionate
Passionate

Post by The_Gun » Wed Aug 30, 2023 3:50 pm

Pretty sure they said it was going to be used for infrastructure improvements in addition to playing staff.

Bertie Wooster
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bertie Wooster » Wed Aug 30, 2023 3:53 pm

The_Gun wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2023 3:50 pm
Pretty sure they said it was going to be used for infrastructure improvements in addition to playing staff.
Yes they did - new scoreboards, concourse tv's, fan zone, training ground etc.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Aug 30, 2023 3:53 pm

The_Gun wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2023 3:50 pm
Sure. I have no issue if the club have poured all the resources in and we're at a maximum budget. That's life.

If we're holding back some for January I'd question that wisdom but the judgement will be end of December and where we sit. If we're second and have scope to add to the squad it will be a superb decision. If we're 5th and miles off...well....

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Wed Aug 30, 2023 4:25 pm

They said the main outlay was the stadium and 2 training pitches. They've done 1 training pitch
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Aug 30, 2023 4:29 pm

boltonboris wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2023 4:25 pm
They said the main outlay was the stadium and 2 training pitches. They've done 1 training pitch
Yeah the messaging round it hasn't been that great really. Not doing the pitch....new scoreboard and concourse revamp nowhere to be seen...no wifi that works... no phone signal boosters....

So its sort of not that unreasonable for fans asking 'have we really spent it all on the players we've added thus far'. We may well have done through wages and fees (and of course there will be future capital projects - a scoreboard will come eventually).

But initially I was of the view that generally the scheme was a positive but I'm beginning to wonder on how it has been messaged.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Wed Aug 30, 2023 5:07 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2023 4:29 pm
boltonboris wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2023 4:25 pm
Yeah the messaging round it hasn't been that great really. Not doing the pitch....new scoreboard and concourse revamp nowhere to be seen...no wifi that works... no phone signal boosters....

So its sort of not that unreasonable for fans asking 'have we really spent it all on the players we've added thus far'. We may well have done through wages and fees (and of course there will be future capital projects - a scoreboard will come eventually).

But initially I was of the view that generally the scheme was a positive but I'm beginning to wonder on how it has been messaged.
Ah the screens. They again said both would be installed by the time we play Derby, which is 3 days away
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Aug 30, 2023 5:18 pm

Iles mentioned the screens last night. Think he said mid-September. Probably Evatt's fault.

dave the minion
Reliable
Reliable

Post by dave the minion » Wed Aug 30, 2023 5:55 pm

Exactly. Evatt out! Evatt out! I suspect Dan also has something to do with it......

I've heard that there's been some unforeseen issues with the screens and WiFi etc, but it's progressing.

Why are people so cynical and looking for issues that don't exist?

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Aug 30, 2023 6:31 pm

dave the minion wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2023 5:55 pm

Why are people so cynical and looking for issues that don't exist?
Because they're football supporters of course Dave. Only happens when we're not winning. :D
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Wed Aug 30, 2023 7:42 pm

Been nervous about the messaging on this all along. Fans will understandably be asking questions are we not top two with new screens, pitch etc by the end of next month.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Sep 13, 2023 8:18 am

In lieu of any other “finance” thread, and as it’s a bit of an outlier, I thought some might find this interesting - mentioned by Not The Top 20. It’s the Plymouth chairman’s Five Year Plan, announced back in League Two.

https://www.pafc.co.uk/news/2020/februa ... -year-plan

(Source: https://www.ntt20.com/p/mailbag-applyin ... -efl-teams )

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Sep 13, 2023 10:15 am

I couldn't help snigger at, paraphrasing, we need to step up our commercials....this year we have Little Mix and Westlife. Sure, that needs plenty of stepping up...

It'd be interesting to know if they've actually made it sustainable or it becomes sustainable now that they're in the Champo. Trnfrmkt doesn't suggest they've flogged a load of players on the road trip...

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Sep 13, 2023 3:13 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2023 10:15 am
I couldn't help snigger at, paraphrasing, we need to step up our commercials....this year we have Little Mix and Westlife. Sure, that needs plenty of stepping up...

It'd be interesting to know if they've actually made it sustainable or it becomes sustainable now that they're in the Champo. Trnfrmkt doesn't suggest they've flogged a load of players on the road trip...
You’d assume their ground could be the biggest-capacity arena the other side of Birmingham. We can chuckle at Westlife, they can chuckle at Pink, but if such artistes sell 20,000 tickets and pay for the privilege, they’re presumably welcome… :D

They got up thanks to loans, academy grads and clever signings. Promotion gave them the cash to convert Morgan Whittaker and Bali Mumba into assets bought and paid for, presumably happy to stay if they do go down. All seems sensible. But being simple don’t make it easy…

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Sep 13, 2023 4:14 pm

Is he any relation to James? :oops:

ae:)
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Wed Oct 18, 2023 10:56 am

Has anyone been in the new hospitality areas as yet? Lion of Vienna suite upgrade from an ST?

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Wed Oct 18, 2023 4:49 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2023 10:56 am
Has anyone been in the new hospitality areas as yet? Lion of Vienna suite upgrade from an ST?
I'm in the McGinlay suite on Saturday. I'll report back.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"