North by North West..Bolton v Fleetwood Tues 15th Aug 7-45.

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Re: North by North West..Bolton v Fleetwood Tues 15th Aug 7-45.

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Aug 15, 2023 10:19 pm

Nlundulu to me still looks utterly lost on a football field. I wonder what we do Saturday as I feel it wouldn’t be right to start him at all. CMG also looks a ways off the pace. So some interesting decisions ahead.

jmjhb
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jmjhb » Tue Aug 15, 2023 10:29 pm

It'll be Dan

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Tue Aug 15, 2023 10:30 pm

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Tue Aug 15, 2023 10:31 pm

I’d be tempted to start Jerome, or even mendes gomes, but I am pretty certain Ian has Nlundulu as his backup. JDB on the bench potentially i guess.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Aug 15, 2023 10:35 pm

It's a big choice. Evatt has been careful to include CMG in his striker list, and Wigan may (annoyingly) be one of our tougher opponents, but I think not playing Dan would be a snub and it might come too early for Bod - he only managed an hour in today's B game.

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Post by truewhite15 » Tue Aug 15, 2023 10:53 pm

I've got no idea what that Charles red was about. I'm on the flag behind the North Stand goal - corner comes in, Charles challenges Lynch, who holds onto the ball. Lynch looks to clear the area quickly, and then deliberately kicks out at Charles who was running past him. The referee, looking right at this, blows the whistle - and gestures for a FLEETWOOD free kick, back on the six-yard box. And books Charles for whatever incident happened there. Not even a thought for Lynch, who should have received a yellow AT LEAST.

If Charles had been guilty of a yellow card offence, why didn't the referee blow up before Lynch kicked out? Why wasn't Lynch booked for his petulance?

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Tue Aug 15, 2023 11:06 pm

Came out of their feeling like we’d lost. What a huge blow ahead of Saturday. Wanted Dion subbed at HT and knew it would happen. Devastating.

Not even got the energy to talk about some fantastic first half performances.

Fux sake
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Tue Aug 15, 2023 11:08 pm

Sounds like the Charles sending off was down to the pull on Lynch's shoulder. Which didn't impact the keeper in any significant manner. A petulant trip later and a complaint by Charles sees the referee getting power happy and sending him off. I'd be very surprised if Charles hasn't said something and the referee is giving it off that pull. It's almost as if the referee heard him complaining, found an excuse and sent him off.

boltonboris wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2023 11:06 pm
Came out of their feeling like we’d lost. What a huge blow ahead of Saturday. Wanted Dion subbed at HT and knew it would happen. Devastating.

Not even got the energy to talk about some fantastic first half performances.

Fux sake
It does feel somewhat negative as this match is now casting a cloud over our next match rather than a big set of positives. Great performance from Adeboyejo.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Tue Aug 15, 2023 11:09 pm

GhostoftheBok wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2023 10:30 pm
Jesus. What an absolute joke. They’ve seemingly gone into this game with an agenda due to the complaints we made against them last season. Surely this gets overturned

dave the minion
Reliable
Reliable

Post by dave the minion » Tue Aug 15, 2023 11:11 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2023 10:07 pm
GhostoftheBok wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2023 10:05 pm
The_Gun wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2023 9:48 pm
JDC plays the full 95 mins...
Amazing.

Not only that, a brilliant 95 minutes.

Forwards and backwards, just great.
Forwards yes. Backwards….ok I guess but not brilliant.
Jesus effing Christ. The guy was incredible tonight - he's played virtually every minute of pre-season and the season so far and has been consistently good throughout, and yet you still can't let yourself admit it!!!

I thought he was excellent - did everything asked of him and some.

I would have thought tonight might have put an end to this ridiculous criticism of him and Vic, but clearly not.....

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Tue Aug 15, 2023 11:16 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2023 10:19 pm
Nlundulu to me still looks utterly lost on a football field. I wonder what we do Saturday as I feel it wouldn’t be right to start him at all. CMG also looks a ways off the pace. So some interesting decisions ahead.
Neither can start on Saturday. But Jerome can’t either. Going to be a big call

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Aug 15, 2023 11:19 pm

dave the minion wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2023 11:11 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2023 10:07 pm
GhostoftheBok wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2023 10:05 pm
The_Gun wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2023 9:48 pm
JDC plays the full 95 mins...
Amazing.

Not only that, a brilliant 95 minutes.

Forwards and backwards, just great.
Forwards yes. Backwards….ok I guess but not brilliant.
Jesus effing Christ. The guy was incredible tonight - he's played virtually every minute of pre-season and the season so far and has been consistently good throughout, and yet you still can't let yourself admit it!!!

I thought he was excellent - did everything asked of him and some.

I would have thought tonight might have put an end to this ridiculous criticism of him and Vic, but clearly not.....
He was excellent. He was brilliant going forwards and ok the other way. That is reflective of the broader team too where we didn’t defend as well as we will need to Saturday.

Don’t know why you think I criticise JDC I’ve barely commented on him.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Tue Aug 15, 2023 11:37 pm

Another "ominous" don't need to get out of second gear performance ruined by another clown in black.

Hope Dan fancies that edge on Saturday.

Vic - oosh.

Sour note but tough to grumble three games in.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

dave the minion
Reliable
Reliable

Post by dave the minion » Tue Aug 15, 2023 11:39 pm

You've consistently said we need a first choice RWB and JDC is cover haven't you? (& apols if not & I've got my wires crossed).

I don't see why he can't be 1st choice. He's barely put a foot wrong in a white shirt so far. The fact that we don't yet seem to missing Bradley at all - player of the year last year - speaks volumes.

I don't deny we need cover, but JDC can't do any more at the moment to make the position his own

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Tue Aug 15, 2023 11:39 pm

KeyserSoze wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2023 8:39 pm
On course for +138 goal difference which should hopefully help us if it gets tight for promotion.
That's your fault.

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Tue Aug 15, 2023 11:43 pm

Those people who were in the building...was Vic's 4th offside? Didn't look it on video.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Aug 15, 2023 11:46 pm

dave the minion wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2023 11:39 pm
You've consistently said we need a first choice RWB and JDC is cover haven't you? (& apols if not & I've got my wires crossed).

I don't see why he can't be 1st choice. He's barely put a foot wrong in a white shirt so far. The fact that we don't yet seem to missing Bradley at all - player of the year last year - speaks volumes.

I don't deny we need cover, but JDC can't do any more at the moment to make the position his own
I’ve said we need another and one that is a different type. He’s doing very well but you can’t expect the lad to do that all season without backup. We could for me do with a more direct runner there in some games.

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Post by truewhite15 » Tue Aug 15, 2023 11:47 pm

GhostoftheBok wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2023 11:43 pm
Those people who were in the building...was Vic's 4th offside? Didn't look it on video.
Couldn't tell from my position. There weren't an awful lot of protests within the ground though - either from the players or from the folk in line with the play in the stands.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Wed Aug 16, 2023 12:59 am

Can't remember being as annoyed after a 3-1 win.

The powers that be have let refs at all levels get abused to kingdom come for so long that you'd have to be a total cnut to want to do it, and so of course all the ones you're left with are total cnuts.

The last two really bad red cards I can remember us getting, the ones where it's embarrassing for the ref, not just got it wrong but what have you done are:

Santos away at Morecambe - handball denying goalscoring opportunity despite a f*ck off mud circle with "mitre" printed down it in the middle of Rico's chest. Rescinded afterwards.

And Dion, I'm sorry I actually don't see race so have accidentally sent off the wrong person. Again rescinded (and given to Kacha)

In both cases, next time they referee the same player, they know it's them again. Any normal non fecked up person your mind leans towards benefit of the doubt. Don't do it again, I'll need to be sure before I send them off again.

No, in both cases, incredibly dubious red cards again. "I don't step back". No fecking wonder they're all ex-cops.

It's every level of the game too. We rightly don't set much store by stereotypes anymore. But christ, if anyone ever tells you they're a referee, at any level, assume they're a cnut and you won't go far wrong.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Wed Aug 16, 2023 1:03 am

Anyway, up the mighty whites. That lot up the road have had some good results but fine margins, Parky away at West Brom vibes. Time to dismantle that wagon. I'd take being 1-0 up inside three minutes for the third home league game in a row (or if that's greedy, just 1-0 inside 10 minutes for the fourth league game in a row.)