A Storm Brewing. Burton Albion V Bolton, Saturday Aug 26th 3 0'Clock,.

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

A Storm Brewing. Burton Albion V Bolton, Saturday Aug 26th 3 0'Clock,.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Aug 24, 2023 11:34 am

From the bottom of the hill (figuratively speaking) Bolton must look like Mount Everest to The Brewers right now. Be not fooled, as our last disastrous game proved, take naught for granted for the road to glory is strewn with banana skins. Just how much of a wake up call our warriors have had will certainly be a 'proof of the pudding" situation when we do the eighty mile trip to the Pirelli Stadium come Saturday. Who plays, how many changes (if any) can we expect, etc,etc?

The only thing certain will be the storm brewing in our dressing room if we don't perform. Okay, COME ON YOU WHITES....get at it... :Jedi:

ae:)
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Re: A Storm Brewing. Burton Albion V Bolton, Saturday Aug 26th 3 0'Clock,.

Post by boltonboris » Thu Aug 24, 2023 11:49 am

Currently winless at their place! Time to consign that stat to history - 2-0 Bolton!
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Bertie Wooster
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bertie Wooster » Thu Aug 24, 2023 1:55 pm

3-0 Bolton, with a BWFC player sent off.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Aug 24, 2023 1:56 pm

I’m interested in what Evatt selects for this. Would I bet against an unchanged starting 11 (bar Charles obvs) I would not.

I can imagine the only likely change is maybe Thomason for Morley.

Can I see him throwing Maghoma or CMG in based on what I’ve seen? Possibly, but I’d also not be surprised if he didn’t want to yet.

Were they fully fit then I could see Bod and Toal starting but apparently neither are ready for that yet.

So I suspect, Charles in, maybe Thomason….that’s it.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Thu Aug 24, 2023 2:40 pm

Charles in for Nlundulu
Maghoma in for Sheehan
Thomason in for Morley

Would be my bet

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Thu Aug 24, 2023 2:51 pm

Except for N'lundulu in for Charles, I think they should remain with the same team.

They should all be given a chance to address the mistakes of the last match. Get it out of the system and move on, similar to how they dealt with the Exeter defeat in the 2020-21 season (Lee was the only change for the final game of the season, due to injury IIRC).

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Aug 24, 2023 2:56 pm

When considering team it might be worth remembering we have Boro in midweek. League > Cup, obvz, but Evatt will also fancy winning that - to burnish his brand and get fans smiling.

sonicthewhite
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by sonicthewhite » Thu Aug 24, 2023 3:07 pm

Could Forrester replacing Gethin be an option?
Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!

And the key to a result is a good :kettle:

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Thu Aug 24, 2023 3:08 pm

Mar wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2023 2:51 pm
Except for N'lundulu in for Charles, I think they should remain with the same team.

They should all be given a chance to address the mistakes of the last match. Get it out of the system and move on, similar to how they dealt with the Exeter defeat in the 2020-21 season (Lee was the only change for the final game of the season, due to injury IIRC).
I considered that, then also considered that without making changes, we're kind of telling them that it's acceptable because you'll get anther chance

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Thu Aug 24, 2023 3:08 pm

sonicthewhite wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2023 3:07 pm
Could Forrester replacing Gethin be an option?
He could also replace Iredale. Can't see him punish-dropping his vice-captain personally, but you never know

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Aug 24, 2023 3:14 pm

boltonboris wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2023 3:08 pm
Mar wrote:

I considered that, then also considered that without making changes, we're kind of telling them that it's acceptable because you'll get anther chance
The way Evatt thinks is that if he makes changes it will be singling out players - its why I think he won't. If they lose at Burton he'll obviously have to but I think he wants to be able to say 'team is more than good enough it was just a bad day'.

sonicthewhite
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by sonicthewhite » Thu Aug 24, 2023 3:23 pm

Buts he's also known for picking horses for courses as well. The Pirelli is definitely a different course to the Toughsheet.
Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!

And the key to a result is a good :kettle:

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Thu Aug 24, 2023 3:37 pm

Aye surely there is a common sense point that all this lot have is long balls, throw in’s and set pieces so we need the height?

Anyway it’s the perfect game for a response. Best get one.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Thu Aug 24, 2023 3:57 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2023 3:14 pm
boltonboris wrote:
Mar wrote:

The way Evatt thinks is that if he makes changes it will be singling out players - its why I think he won't. If they lose at Burton he'll obviously have to but I think he wants to be able to say 'team is more than good enough it was just a bad day'.
I think Dion comes back in no arguments there. I see both sides to the thinking on other changes. But with noting that Maghoma and Thomason both started against Fleetwood when we won so that's less of a punish drop.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Thu Aug 24, 2023 4:21 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2023 3:57 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2023 3:14 pm
boltonboris wrote:
Mar wrote:

I think Dion comes back in no arguments there. I see both sides to the thinking on other changes. But with noting that Maghoma and Thomason both started against Fleetwood when we won so that's less of a punish drop.
I'm thinking of it as more of a face the music. We all know our current is good enough to get results. I don't think anyone looking at that Wigan game will think its acceptable. Players included.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Fri Aug 25, 2023 5:23 pm

Anyone else going to this tomorrow?

I got tickets for me, Burnden Paddock and Bijou Bob in those heady, optimistic days prior to last Saturday. I can't imagine the atmosphere there being as toxic as it was when Parkys lot meekly surrendered 0-2, but go a goal down early, or any meekness this time and it could get grumbly.

Hopefully we see our Cheltenham version turn up and soon put any such fears to bed.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Aug 25, 2023 5:30 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2023 5:23 pm
Hopefully we see our Cheltenham version turn up and soon put any such fears to bed.
our 'Nam veterans?

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Fri Aug 25, 2023 6:59 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2023 5:30 pm
Harry Genshaw wrote:
our 'Nam veterans?
:D You weren't there, man!
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Aug 25, 2023 7:04 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2023 6:59 pm
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2023 5:30 pm
Harry Genshaw wrote:
our 'Nam veterans?
:D You weren't there, man!
:D indeed not – I missed the wins in Aug 2023 and Dec 2020 (as most did Because Pandemic) but I was there for the win in Apr 2022... #BogeyWhatBogey

The_Gun
Passionate
Passionate

Post by The_Gun » Sat Aug 26, 2023 9:10 am

Baxter

JDC Forrester Santos Iredale Williams

Sheehan Maghoma

Dempsey

Charles Vic

I was tempted to put CMG, Dempsey and Maghoma in there as the midfield three, but that would leave us without a deep lying playmaker, so I’m not sure would be optimal.

Sheehan lucky to retain his place, but if Maghoma can be our mobile ball winner, then I think Josh is a better option as the play starter than either Morley or Thomason. Don’t think Evatt will make this many changes, mind.