Old foes at Home. V Middlesboro in't E.F.L Cup. 7-45 29-08 at the Toughsheet..

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Old foes at Home. V Middlesboro in't E.F.L Cup. 7-45 29-08 at the Toughsheet..

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Aug 29, 2023 9:48 am

Many a battle we've had with the boys from the Riverside, but not recently and it's a bit crystal ball, heads or tails tonight with our new faces and places. Come on Dion and the boys, give it good. Can we add a Championship scalp to our belt. Go Whites.... :Jedi:

ae:)
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Old foes at Home. V Middlesboro in't E.F.L Cup. 7-45 29-08 at the Toughsheet..

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Aug 29, 2023 10:08 am

Is it on Wanderers TV?

The_Gun
Passionate
Passionate

Re: Old foes at Home. V Middlesboro in't E.F.L Cup. 7-45 29-08 at the Toughsheet..

Post by The_Gun » Tue Aug 29, 2023 10:21 am

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2023 10:08 am
Is it on Wanderers TV?
Looks like it's audio only.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Tue Aug 29, 2023 10:21 am

No league cup games on wanderers TV - you are spared!

Heavy defeat to nil incoming I think…likely rotation of strikers to one’s who can’t score/won’t score and no Santos at the back… Can see a big defeat coming!

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Aug 29, 2023 10:44 am

Thanks, folks. Sod it, I'll just play in our fat dads' transplanted-from-Monday-because-Bank-Holiday game.

Difficult one, this. Derby now feels a massive game so how much does he 'rest' players as well as the horses-for-courses? I suspect we may see Sheehan and Morley (and hope Morley plays well enough to warrant releasing his 'extended contract' video).

Problem is most acute up front. I completely understand why hair was pulled out when Dion and Vic were subbed - as a sub, Big Dan has only *ever* scored one goal against a men's team and Jerome hasn't done it for 18 months - but equally, if they're to play any part tonight and/or Derby we can't run their legs down the knees. I'd expect to see Bod get half an hour at least tonight.

Interesting to see what Evatt does at the back sans Santos. Toal straight in? Forrester? And of course, the wingbacks are still covering a hell of a lot of miles.... oh and does he play Coleman in goal?

Bertie Wooster
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bertie Wooster » Tue Aug 29, 2023 10:46 am

Zero interest in this game, I wouldn't go if it was free.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Aug 29, 2023 10:49 am

Bertie Wooster wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2023 10:46 am
Zero interest in this game, I wouldn't go if it was free.
I'm getting the feeling you're not a cup lover :D

IDK - I'm always wary of ruling them out, like my mate who refused to go to Anfield in '93 cos he was saving up... but yeah, I can understand if folk don't part with their hard-earned money (or, in your hypothetical case, time :D )

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Tue Aug 29, 2023 10:50 am

The_Gun wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2023 10:21 am
Is it on Wanderers TV?
I think only the first round of the cup wasn't shown last season. I'm away for this one so didnt expect to be able to catch it. Sucks there's no stream though.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Aug 29, 2023 11:12 am

Mar wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2023 10:50 am
The_Gun wrote:
Is it on Wanderers TV?
I think only the first round of the cup wasn't shown last season. I'm away for this one so didnt expect to be able to catch it. Sucks there's no stream though.
I think I vaguely recall League Cup streaming being a victim of the new expanded EFL TV deal.

Quick bit of research shows that Sky bought the rights to show all 93 Carabao Cup fixtures – last season they were only allowed to show 15. They also have the rights to all 127 Pizza Cup games, which will presumably be of no interest whatsoever to Bertie :mrgreen:

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Aug 29, 2023 11:23 am

Whilst I think it maybe a little doubtful and having lost track a bit of our CB injuries, I wonder whether he'll tinker the formation a bit in this one (given that's part of what all this "versatility" we bought was set out for)...with Saturday's game also in mind, after which we're into instant dismissal territory with a game v Salford. :-)

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Aug 29, 2023 11:29 am

Had to leave off the thread as other duties called , but the Smoggies and Makems of the north-east have always been a tough fixture and tonight will be no exception. Much depends on the defence as we can expect an onslaught, but if we can hold out we might just manage to give them a bit of a shock. Despite the distance, they usually have a good away following, so expect a noisy affair. All said, COME ON YOU WHITES, UP AND AT EM....... :Jedi:

ae:)
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Aug 29, 2023 11:31 am

Worthy4England wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2023 11:23 am
Whilst I think it maybe a little doubtful and having lost track a bit of our CB injuries, I wonder whether he'll tinker the formation a bit in this one (given that's part of what all this "versatility" we bought was set out for)...with Saturday's game also in mind, after which we're into instant dismissal territory with a game v Salford. :-)
Midfield triangle could point either way but I'd be very surprised if it's not a back three. Even with Rico and GJ out we've got Iredale, Jones, Toal, Forrester and Ashworth. There's even a world where they all play tonight – Jones and Ashworth as "more defensive" wingbacks - but I doubt it.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Aug 29, 2023 11:36 am

I thought Toal wasn't quite back with us yet...and the way we've been playing Geth, ANO, Iredale feels very "worrying" if they play like they have been doing. I thought the back three looked poor v Fleetwood, just that we lost sight of that due to Wiggin.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Aug 29, 2023 11:48 am

Worthy4England wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2023 11:36 am
I thought Toal wasn't quite back with us yet...and the way we've been playing Geth, ANO, Iredale feels very "worrying" if they play like they have been doing. I thought the back three looked poor v Fleetwood, just that we lost sight of that due to Wiggin.
Back three I think are more exposed with our wing backs this season and the shape in midfield we are often choosing. Less cover for them, in the wide areas and Wigan and Fleetwood both exposed that at times. Wigan ruthlessly, Fleetwood less so.

Iredale looks less comfortable defending one on one higher up the pitch than is ideal and Jones just looks a bit shaky to me. It might be that with the removal of the cover Bradley provided or the midfield three would provide in those areas (we are leaving two 8’s much higher up the park) that we are simply testing the limits of our wide centre halves.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Aug 29, 2023 12:01 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2023 11:48 am
Worthy4England wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2023 11:36 am
Back three I think are more exposed with our wing backs this season and the shape in midfield we are often choosing. Less cover for them, in the wide areas and Wigan and Fleetwood both exposed that at times. Wigan ruthlessly, Fleetwood less so.

Iredale looks less comfortable defending one on one higher up the pitch than is ideal and Jones just looks a bit shaky to me. It might be that with the removal of the cover Bradley provided or the midfield three would provide in those areas (we are leaving two 8’s much higher up the park) that we are simply testing the limits of our wide centre halves.
Agree mate, this is what I was on about when we were discussing 8's and 6's. You can't play more advanced 8's, without them defending the same amount, just in a more advanced position, otherwise you're just leaving us more exposed at the back and in the case of Geth and Iredale, against two players who are really RB and LB...

The_Gun
Passionate
Passionate

Post by The_Gun » Tue Aug 29, 2023 12:05 pm

Tue Aug 29, 2023 11:12 am
Mar wrote:
The_Gun wrote:
Is it on Wanderers TV?
I think I vaguely recall League Cup streaming being a victim of the new expanded EFL TV deal.

Quick bit of research shows that Sky bought the rights to show all 93 Carabao Cup fixtures – last season they were only allowed to show 15. They also have the rights to all 127 Pizza Cup games, which will presumably be of no interest whatsoever to Bertie :mrgreen:
So Sky have the rights to them all, but still aren't showing most of them? Doesn't even appear to be a red button type option.

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Tue Aug 29, 2023 12:13 pm

The_Gun wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2023 12:05 pm
Tue Aug 29, 2023 11:12 am
Mar wrote:
The_Gun wrote:
Is it on Wanderers TV?

So Sky have the rights to them all, but still aren't showing most of them? Doesn't even appear to be a red button type option.
Very much anti consumer if the option to watch is taken away from folks solely on the basis of whoever holds the rights. If providers can't provide the service then whoever else was available should be able to cover it.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Aug 29, 2023 12:26 pm

Bit tricky when you've trousered the cash..

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Tue Aug 29, 2023 12:30 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2023 12:26 pm
Bit tricky when you've trousered the cash..
True. I'm thinking there should be a provision for all games to be accessible and written into contracts

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Aug 29, 2023 12:33 pm

It's a poor do. I'm surprised they aren't doing more on red-button. But then, maybe they've figured people aren't arsed.