The Champions Go Again! FLT at Home v Salford Sept 5th, 7:45

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

The_Gun
Passionate
Passionate

Re: The Champions Go Again! FLT at Home v Salford Sept 5th, 7:45

Post by The_Gun » Wed Sep 06, 2023 3:49 pm

What's the over/under line for number of posts describing how shit Dan is before our next game?

sonicthewhite
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by sonicthewhite » Wed Sep 06, 2023 4:42 pm

This is why I said I think he needs a run of games in the B team. Let's see his reaction if any of the B team strikers make the 1st team bench ahead of him. Let's see if he can score a hat full of goals for the B's to either prove or disprove any ability he may actually have. Let's just see if he's actually as sh1t as people think he is :conf:
Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!

And the key to a result is a good :kettle:

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Wed Sep 06, 2023 4:54 pm

The_Gun wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2023 3:49 pm
What's the over/under line for number of posts describing how shit Dan is before our next game?
To be fair it’s a positive - we don’t have many to whinge about! Poor old Dan cops for it.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Sep 06, 2023 5:14 pm

I'm fairly sure, down the years of TW, some players have had multiple threads all discussing how shit they are... :-)

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Thu Sep 07, 2023 12:24 am

officer_dibble wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2023 4:54 pm
The_Gun wrote:
To be fair it’s a positive - we don’t have many to whinge about! Poor old Dan cops for it.
It's gonna be one massive noise if it clicks with him. Personally think he's trying to hard. Needs to relax and get back to basics.

Anyone getting Ricketts post England vibes?

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Sep 07, 2023 8:42 am

DJBlu wrote:
Thu Sep 07, 2023 12:24 am
officer_dibble wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2023 4:54 pm
The_Gun wrote:
It's gonna be one massive noise if it clicks with him. Personally think he's trying to hard. Needs to relax and get back to basics.

Anyone getting Ricketts post England vibes?
I dunno about the Ricketts post England vibes, he isn't in that orbit.

I think we need to differentiate between "he'll never make it" and "he looks a fair chunk away at the moment for a 24 year old." For me, in the here and now, he's not ready on a regular basis, for anything more than a cameo 5 minutes when you're ticking down time, 3-0 up.

One of his best outings was Brizzle Rovers on the last day of the regular season, when there was diddly to play for (to the "trying too hard" point). He looked like he was enjoying it and had a decent game. I mean half the time when we're talking about him, the very best anyone says is "he made some run which Fred tracked and left a hole." That's great, but I wouldn't want us paying £300 grand per year for the privilege. I'm expecting somewhat more for the money...

I genuinely hope he makes it and scores / sets-up shedloads for us. Why wouldn't any of us hope that? :lol: