Sole destroying: Northampton home Sat 21/10 15:00

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Bertie Wooster
Dedicated
Dedicated

Re: Sole destroying: Northampton home Sat 21/10 15:00

Post by Bertie Wooster » Sat Oct 21, 2023 7:11 pm

DJBlu wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2023 7:08 pm
Bertie Wooster wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2023 7:01 pm
If the team are only going to play for one half then the club should half ticket prices.
They can then expect you to leave at half time?

Might see the second halves improve without the negativity.
Yes they could. If it helps the team win I'll stop going completely.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Oct 21, 2023 7:14 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2023 6:57 pm
Another worst side this season?

Over on cricket thread you're mitigating probably the worst England ODI side (results wise) I can recall who lost by one of the largest margins on victory ever.

Yet this win, another three points, is shit. It was a good 45 and a poor 90.

The only differences that explain the inconsistencies and unobjective response is if you like who's part of it, you will defend utter dross. And if you don't they're getting both barrels regardless.

I'm not entertained currently by Bolton, but we are getting results at the moment when not playing well. Which was a primary demand from last season...
England cricket side won the World Cup. At the time you said you didn’t care about it much as it was nonsense. Yet seem very keen to lay into the side when they are as I said pre it well past their best.

But they achieved the pinnacle and now it’s disappointing. I’m not annoyed so much as I could well see it coming.

Bolton today were absymal second half. Yes we won. And that matters if we are able to make it matter by following it with two more wins this week.

But do we look remotely like a side good enough to finish top two which is my expectation- not at all.

It was dross. Sheer dross. And even a basic professional display second half would have sufficed after doing the job first half. We couldn’t even do that.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sat Oct 21, 2023 7:23 pm

"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Oct 21, 2023 7:28 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2023 7:14 pm
Worthy4England wrote:

Over on cricket thread you're mitigating probably the worst England ODI side (results wise) I can recall who lost by one of the largest margins on victory ever.

The only differences that explain the inconsistencies and unobjective response is if you like who's part of it, you will defend utter dross. And if you don't they're getting both barrels regardless.

I'm not entertained currently by Bolton, but we are getting results at the moment when not playing well. Which was a primary demand from last season...
England cricket side won the World Cup. At the time you said you didn’t care about it much as it was nonsense. Yet seem very keen to lay into the side when they are as I said pre it well past their best.

But they achieved the pinnacle and now it’s disappointing. I’m not annoyed so much as I could well see it coming.

Bolton today were absymal second half. Yes we won. And that matters if we are able to make it matter by following it with two more wins this week.

But do we look remotely like a side good enough to finish top two which is my expectation- not at all.

It was dross. Sheer dross. And even a basic professional display second half would have sufficed after doing the job first half. We couldn’t even do that.
I don't much care for ODI as you correctly say. I can judge shit from good, objectively, which you seem entirely incapable of.

You don't like Evatt, the football we're playing, most of our players have been demoted to Dog and Duck over their career with Bolton. Yet it's still the second best points tally for the first 12 games in your lifetime...

Most folks aren't at your polarized extreme. You started "must wins" in September. You're setting us up for "must wins" the next two games in this post.

Go figure. Chill. And try to be objective.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Oct 21, 2023 7:32 pm

I dunno I’m gonna have a think and clear my head with a pint. But at the moment I can’t get over how woeful that second half was…we even managed to turn good bits into shit, personal highlight Gethin Jones tw@tting the ball at Cogley on the underlap when either trying to play him through or cross it…not sure which.

Thought Sheehan was head and shoulders above the rest. Morley’s radar was off and should have been hooked earlier. Thomasson dug in but he hasn’t a clue when it comes to the final third…which strikes me as a coaching deficiency. Thought Victor did well enough, Charles was pretty gash but I’ll let him off as he scored and had football this week. Toal was good first half as was Williams. Jones was shite on the whole. Santos makes a difference to the side and let’s us push men on, but not his finest outing.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Oct 21, 2023 7:34 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2023 7:28 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:

I don't much care for ODI as you correctly say. I can judge shit from good, objectively, which you seem entirely incapable of.

You don't like Evatt, the football we're playing, most of our players have been demoted to Dog and Duck over their career with Bolton. Yet it's still the second best points tally for the first 12 games in your lifetime...

Most folks aren't at your polarized extreme. You started "must wins" in September. You're setting us up for "must wins" the next two games in this post.

Objectively the second half was so bad that it made my eyes hurt.

Happy now?

Bertie Wooster
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bertie Wooster » Sat Oct 21, 2023 7:39 pm

It's all about stats not what you pay to watch, whether your bored shitless watching players going through the motions in the 2nd half of most games it doesn't matter a jot because the stats say that your lying and it must be good.

By the way before anyone comes back yes I didn't go today, ST left in wallet, seat empty and to be honest it was a much less stressful day.

Stats 1 - Fans 0

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Oct 21, 2023 8:00 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2023 7:34 pm
Worthy4England wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2023 7:28 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:

Objectively the second half was so bad that it made my eyes hurt.

Happy now?
I yhink objectively it made everyone's eyes water. But it did get us, objectively, three points. :-)

Win ugly was one of last year's rallying crys...

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Oct 21, 2023 8:07 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2023 7:23 pm
Could be worse...!
Fixed for you Harry.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sat Oct 21, 2023 9:15 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2023 8:07 pm
Harry Genshaw wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2023 7:23 pm
Could be worse...!
Fixed for you Harry.
Much obliged!

Amongst the upset at our 2nd half performance,
let's at least remember how freaking good that first half was. Quick tempo, wonderful passing and movement throughout the side. More of that and less of the 2nd half stuff and we'll be up by Easter.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Sat Oct 21, 2023 9:46 pm

I though good football was winning football. I'm fairly confident a forum search would find a certain poster mention that on more than one occasion despite now telling us now that winning football is shit :roll:

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Oct 21, 2023 10:06 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2023 9:46 pm
I though good football was winning football. I'm fairly confident a forum search would find a certain poster mention that on more than one occasion despite now telling us now that winning football is shit :roll:
Big difference between playing in a way that maximises your chances of winning and second half today. But look if we win every game from now on playing like we did second half I won’t care. But I rather suspect we won’t.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Sat Oct 21, 2023 10:51 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2023 10:06 pm
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Big difference between playing in a way that maximises your chances of winning and second half today. But look if we win every game from now on playing like we did second half I won’t care. But I rather suspect we won’t.
I rather suspect you will care

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Post by truewhite15 » Sat Oct 21, 2023 11:42 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2023 10:51 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2023 10:06 pm
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
I rather suspect you will care
I rather suspect we'll never hear the end of it either. Won't be happy until he's proved right and our plan A becomes tw@ it up the pitch at every opportunity. Because that's how it worked under Big Sam.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Oct 22, 2023 12:01 am

True. Almost. I'm thinking Phil (who was brilliant- no hyperbole) is up there, first. Love him to bits. But that was then..

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Oct 22, 2023 8:12 am

Has absolutely nothing to do with style. We shouldn’t be seeing dips on a regular basis like we do. First half we were excellent. Second half I don’t think we could be bothered. Something is wrong there. Whether it’s mentality, attitude, fitness or a combination but the second half just isn’t a professional but dull seeing out of the game. That would be fine. It was anything but professional.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sun Oct 22, 2023 8:51 am

I don’t remember us being first to a second ball in the second half - they had a couple where they got a second bite at a corner which was just so poor. We won’t win many playing like that - we’ll see how we fair at Wycombe against proper opposition.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sun Oct 22, 2023 9:56 am

Just for shits and giggles, flip the halves around and we come back from being 1 down to win 2-1, are we happier?

I ask as I still can't get how we're allowing the second half set the tone for the whole game.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Oct 22, 2023 10:04 am

DJBlu wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2023 9:56 am
Just for shits and giggles, flip the halves around and we come back from being 1 down to win 2-1, are we happier?

I ask as I still can't get how we're allowing the second half set the tone for the whole game.
I think I’d be happier but it would still be a concern why we aren’t competing for long periods in games. It’s not a question of playing well. Sometimes you can’t always play well. But you can at the very least always compete. And we aren’t. As above not even trying to win second balls.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Oct 22, 2023 11:14 am

I agree that poor second halves, which we we seem to either lose the half or draw, leaves it flat. By minute 90 having been pegged back by a goal, you're a fair distance from minute 30 when it was looking good. It is a problem, to me. But over 90 we got three points, so not a disaster.

To Bertie's stats 1 fans 0, I get that too. Even though I was fairly sure 3 points and promotion were the main measures folks we using. I'll take 3 points every time, if I've got to pick. Fans will make their own minds up as to whether it's worth their outlay..