Its not the Hatters that Matter but anther win on the spin. Bolton v Stockport EFL Cup away Tues 14th Nov 7:30pm

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Its not the Hatters that Matter but anther win on the spin. Bolton v Stockport EFL Cup away Tues 14th Nov 7:30pm

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Nov 13, 2023 4:34 pm

The_Gun wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2023 2:20 pm
No way would I be playing Santos, Thomason or Maghoma, but history suggests Evatt may well do so.

I get that we probably don't have many future stars lurking in the academy right now, but Evatt really doesn't like using youngsters, even in dead rubbers like tomorrow.
It's possible he could start Khumbeni but if he also starts Matheson and Inwood on the flanks that's a baby midfield.

I think he'd rather rest Santos if possible, definitely Jones (who was a doubt for Saturday, remember) and Thomason and Maghoma. But we haven't got many alternatives.

The_Gun
Passionate
Passionate

Re: Its not the Hatters that Matter but anther win on the spin. Bolton v Stockport EFL Cup away Tues 14th Nov 7:30pm

Post by The_Gun » Mon Nov 13, 2023 5:08 pm

We don’t have many first team alternatives, but do we really care about winning this match tomorrow?

I would generally rather Bolton win, but given we’ve already qualified for the next round, and this isn’t a competition many would be prioritising, I’d take a defeat and no risks to key players.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Nov 13, 2023 5:18 pm

Time to post The Rules again, in case anyone wonders:
Each EFL Club shall play its Full Available Strength in and during all [EFL Trophy] Matches. ‘Full Available Strength’ means the EFL Club must include at least four Qualifying Players in the ten outfield Players named in the starting eleven on the Team Sheet.

Qualifying Player means any Player who:
• had started the immediately preceding First Team Fixture (as defined below);
• subsequently starts the immediately following First Team Fixture;
• is in the list of ten Players at the Club with the highest number of starting appearances in First Team Fixtures in the same Season;
• has made forty or more starting appearances in First Team Fixtures or international equivalents (and not limited to the same Club or Season); or
• is on standard loan from a Premier League Club or any EFL Club operating a Category One Academy.
So we need to play four outfielders with some experience. There'll definitely be two up front plus Iredale, and I would guess Morley will play. After that you could, technically, fill the other outfield slots with B-teamers and youth players.

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:51 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2023 4:34 pm
The_Gun wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2023 2:20 pm
No way would I be playing Santos, Thomason or Maghoma, but history suggests Evatt may well do so.

I get that we probably don't have many future stars lurking in the academy right now, but Evatt really doesn't like using youngsters, even in dead rubbers like tomorrow.
It's possible he could start Khumbeni but if he also starts Matheson and Inwood on the flanks that's a baby midfield.

I think he'd rather rest Santos if possible, definitely Jones (who was a doubt for Saturday, remember) and Thomason and Maghoma. But we haven't got many alternatives.
You reckon he'll call back our B teamers to play, despite them being out on loan?

Presumably, if you bring back Khumbeni, you might might as well bring back Conway as well and give him a run out at LB.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:28 am

Mar wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:51 pm
You reckon he'll call back our B teamers to play, despite them being out on loan?

Presumably, if you bring back Khumbeni, you might might as well bring back Conway as well and give him a run out at LB.
As I say, as of this season you can temporarily recall loanees to play in this cup without it ‘affecting’ the loan agreement.

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Tue Nov 14, 2023 10:22 am

Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:28 am
Mar wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:51 pm

As I say, as of this season you can temporarily recall loanees to play in this cup without it ‘affecting’ the loan agreement.
It does make sense, the decision to loan them out presumably may come at the cost of not having them available for the cup, so these new rules seem suitable. I'd imagine we'd be in a good place for bringing them back. What I was wondering was how much we value Conway's contributions over say Inwood's contributions. Inwood has featured already this season but Conway's come close last season being on the bench six times (three in the league, three in the FLT).

I think it's fairly obvious Matheson would get a run out, like Coleman. I think we'd also go with one of Williams or JDC, with the other on the bench, but that may change given how little is riding on the game.

Stockport are going to be tough opposition. They're on a 13 game winning streak, unbeaten in 14. That's no small feat. We're on a 6 game winning streak, 9 wins in 10. So its in-form team vs. in-form team. I think we'll go strong tonight, not as strong as we can, but strong enough to consider it a side that doesn't care about the competition.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Nov 14, 2023 6:32 pm

516B9FA6-E9CC-4450-B412-8C87FACBD464.jpeg
516B9FA6-E9CC-4450-B412-8C87FACBD464.jpeg (349.8 KiB) Viewed 5145 times

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Tue Nov 14, 2023 6:36 pm

Strong line up as you'd suspect with Evatt's teams. Would be interesting to see how well the B-teamers get on, Matheson aside, who I think is probably close to a first team spot as is.

Hopefully a good chance for N'lundulu to stake a claim for more game time. Bodvarsson's been on form lately so you'd presume that would help N'lundulu to perform.

sonicthewhite
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by sonicthewhite » Tue Nov 14, 2023 6:55 pm

Strong line up and probably the best we could muster.
Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!

And the key to a result is a good :kettle:

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:00 pm

A Dan double tonight :oyea:

BorsdaneWhite
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by BorsdaneWhite » Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:32 pm

Anyone else having trouble with Wanderers TV? First: not recognising purchase on the app; second: black screen only?

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:36 pm

Couch is up and running.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:47 pm

BorsdaneWhite wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:32 pm
Anyone else having trouble with Wanderers TV? First: not recognising purchase on the app; second: black screen only?
Press Video. It defaults to audio sometimes.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:49 pm

Randell subbed for Charles de Gaulle (oh alright Dacres Cogley) on 17 minutes. Not limping. Odd

bw@bw
Reliable
Reliable

Post by bw@bw » Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:51 pm

Went back to home

Then to watch

Came on ok then
What goes around may still come around

sonicthewhite
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by sonicthewhite » Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:53 pm

Could be feeling under the weather? Didn't Iles say something about some of the squad not being right?
Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!

And the key to a result is a good :kettle:

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:57 pm

Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:49 pm
Randell subbed for Charles de Gaulle (oh alright Dacres Cogley) on 17 minutes. Not limping. Odd
Hope he’s not got injured, would be a kick in the knackers that one.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Nov 14, 2023 8:05 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:57 pm
Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:49 pm
Hope he’s not got injured, would be a kick in the knackers that one.
Walked off unaided, had looked fine beforehand.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Tue Nov 14, 2023 8:08 pm

1-0 JDB

Great through ball and run to beat the offside trap.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Nov 14, 2023 8:11 pm

Super pass, confident finish, good to see.

Enjoying Matheson too.